Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021.40 is the version that was released very recently here.

2021.40.5 is the one with waypoints (in the US, unconfirmed in the UK so far). As @Dilly said the lone UK car is probably a Tesla employee.

Also - I drove home at night last night, auto headlights are still crap.

@Durzel - on the edge of the Sentry player photo you posted earlier in this thread, I see your FRUNK is labelled BONNET. Is that British English on 2021.40? Is the TRUNK now the BOOT? I don't recall seeing that posted before... (it probaby has and I just missed it :oops:).

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 10.07.53.png

@Durzel - on the edge of the Sentry player photo you posted earlier in this thread, I see your FRUNK is labelled BONNET. Is that British English on 2021.40? Is the TRUNK now the BOOT? I don't recall seeing that posted before... (it probaby has and I just missed it :oops:).

View attachment 732255
Yup, new display languages added in 2021.40 - one of which is "British English". First thing I changed when I got in the car.

And yes - the TRUNK is now the BOOT on British English setting.

Yup, new display languages added in 2021.40 - one of which is "British English". First thing I changed when I got in the car.

And yes - the TRUNK is now the BOOT on British English setting.

That is a small improvement but I love it. "Frunk" be damned, ha ha!

I did wonder whether British English setting also improves the way the voice command system works for British drivers - notice anything? I'm thinking the system has been trained with American accents so isn't as good with a "British" accent..

That is a small improvement but I love it. "Frunk" be damned, ha ha!

I did wonder whether British English setting also improves the way the voice command system works for British drivers - notice anything? I'm thinking the system has been trained with American accents so isn't as good with a "British" accent..
I must admit I haven't tried yet. I did note that there is no "British English" setting for the voice side of things, so it might be the case that it's unchanged in terms of recognising accents. I imagine it might have already known about "bonnet" and "boot" though.

2021.40 is the version that was released very recently here.

2021.40.5 is the one with waypoints (in the US, unconfirmed in the UK so far). As @Dilly said the lone UK car is probably a Tesla employee.

Also - I drove home at night last night, auto headlights are still crap.

Just come off a Tesla Webinar with our work. The Tesla advisor has confirmed that both waypoints and live camera app access are indeed coming to UK in latest update.

Just come off a Tesla Webinar with our work. The Tesla advisor has confirmed that both waypoints and live camera app access are indeed coming to UK in latest update.
Thanks for that.

Wish I could get hold of a Tesla advisor to get some straight answers on a few things like this!

Incidentally - not sure if you've seen the latest news that 2022-spec SR+ (aka "Model 3") are now coming with rear heated seats and heated steering wheel as standard? Might be worth checking you get that when you get yours?

Reactions: Simonix
Thanks for that.

Wish I could get hold of a Tesla advisor to get some straight answers on a few things like this!

Incidentally - not sure if you've seen the latest news that 2022-spec SR+ (aka "Model 3") are now coming with rear heated seats and heated steering wheel as standard? Might be worth checking you get that when you get yours?
On the same webinar, the advisor said, "some Q4 SR+ deliveries will come with the heated rear seats and steering wheel, some won't". He also said that was the way to discover if you have the larger 60kwh battery, or the "old" 55kwh.

He said it is a transition stage in the manufacturing process this quarter, so we will see a mixture of both specs arriving in UK in the coming weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Wish you'd been in a position to find out whether 2021 SR+s would be able to have the heated steering wheel enabled (or indeed the ones that come over now without it activated).

It's really vague as to what is going on with that. Back in April Tesla sent out a memo saying that it would be enabled for MIC SR+s, but nothing has happened since then. Then there was this recently - Tesla MIC Model 3 SR+ Heated Steering Wheel Option to Launch Soon, Says Company's VP in China

...but I've also been told on FB that a "major leasing customer" has been told that pre-2022 cars "won't have the option to retrofit or activate" it, contradicting the April memo.

Reactions: Simonix
Wish you'd been in a position to find out whether 2021 SR+s would be able to have the heated steering wheel enabled (or indeed the ones that come over now without it activated).

It's really vague as to what is going on with that. Back in April Tesla sent out a memo saying that it would be enabled for MIC SR+s, but nothing has happened since then. Then there was this recently - Tesla MIC Model 3 SR+ Heated Steering Wheel Option to Launch Soon, Says Company's VP in China

...but I've also been told on FB that a "major leasing customer" has been told that pre-2022 cars "won't have the option to retrofit or activate" it, contradicting the April memo.

Not sure, I have seen a similar internal memo been sent to a leasing company.