Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.44.30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I *think* the roundabout exit indicator issue is solved.

The use case is, you are on a roundabout turning (say) right - 3rd exit. You indicate right as normal. When you pass the second (penultimate) exit, you want to indicate left to show you are exiting the roundabout, but this just cancels the right indicator. Possibly dangerous on a busy motorway exit as you'd have to remember to press the stalk down twice.

Tried it this morning, post 2021.44.30.6 update, and it seems to be behaving as one would expect. Indicate one way then press and hold opposite way for 1/2 a second and it turns on the opposite indicator. Half press and release (either way) and it cancels.

The use case is, you are on a roundabout turning (say) right - 3rd exit. You indicate right as normal. When you pass the second (penultimate) exit, you want to indicate left to show you are exiting the roundabout, but this just cancels the right indicator. Possibly dangerous on a busy motorway exit as you'd have to remember to press the stalk down twice.

Tried it this morning, post 2021.44.30.6 update, and it seems to be behaving as one would expect. Indicate one way then press and hold opposite way for 1/2 a second and it turns on the opposite indicator. Half press and release (either way) and it cancels.
Mine works like that anyway & as far as I know always has & I’m still on 44.30.2

New driver are taught not to indicate right on roundabouts nowadays. Just left on exiting apparently the indicate right causes confusion🤦🏼‍♂️

Highway code says indicate right to turn right.. Highway Code for Roundabouts

I'm not sure why it would be confusing at all..

When taking an exit to the right or going full circle (unless signs or markings indicate otherwise):
  • Signal right and approach the exit in the right hand lane
  • Keep to the right on the roundabout until you need to change lanes to reach your exit
  • Signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you intend to take