Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q1 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected from Birmingham today. Fit and finish is exemplary, as was the handover process. They have 24 SuC on site so the car was charged to 90% for me. As soon as I'd signed they activated the premium connectivity trial, which sparked the phone into action.

While playing with the settings I noticed the USB key was missing from the glove box, so they sent me over to the Digbeth showroom where they sorted me out with one in 10 minutes.

The car was pre-conditioning when I picked it up and let me tell you, the heated steering wheel is mint!

Collecting mine from Birmingham on Monday, 4pm - the days are going so slow! Will be sure to check the USB key too!

Did they just ring you and say it was coming early or did you ask?
Got a call today at 4pm from Tesla Dublin, saying that if I wanted they could deliver the car today at 5pm, a day ahead of schedule as it had arrived and was being valeted...
... sadly I had a meeting I couldn't skip so had to stick to my original delivery of tomorrow morning.

What button? There is a button to open charge port/end charge but I've not come across any button needed to remove it from the stall although I have yet to do v3.

It looked like an electronic button on the top of the plug, the guy said you had to press it and then it should release. Looked similar to the home charger more like a light than a button.

open-charge-port-with-button-tesla-image.jpg

It looked like an electronic button on the top of the plug, the guy said you had to press it and then it should release. Looked similar to the home charger more like a light than a button.

That operates the charge port on the car and not for releasing from the stall.

If you press it close to the charge port on the car, it will open the charge port - other methods of opening are also available, such as lightly pushing the lower edge of the charge port.

Once charging is complete, or you wish to stop the charge early, pressing the button sill stop the charge and unlock the charge port allowing the cable to be removed from the car.

It does nothing with regard to releasing the cable from the supercharger stall. The cable/plug is only hooked onto the supercharger stall and requires a slight push in and tilt up of the plug to unhook. Some are reported to be a little tight though, but as mentions earlier, some are only lightly balanced and can fall out onto the car with a slight knock.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EricVet and Llama.
I’m collecting my LR M3 tomorrow in Leeds. (very excited!:))

How long should I allow for the whole process? I’ve got a trade in. I’m thinking about 10 mins looking over the car should sufficient right?

thanks

Hi there. For those that have already collected just wanted to ask if your doors are aligned like this? The front door protrudes from the rear door slightly. It’s the same on both sides so I don’t know if that’s normal or not. Have tried to attach some pics too. View attachment 641270 View attachment 641269

I have this exact issue too, but only on the driver's side. Passenger side is perfect. I did ask them to adjust it, but I'm still not happy with it yet. Note mine is a Fremont built 2021 refresh car from late December, not MIC. But other than than this specific issue, it's all been good so far.

I’m collecting my LR M3 tomorrow in Leeds. (very excited!:))

How long should I allow for the whole process? I’ve got a trade in. I’m thinking about 10 mins looking over the car should sufficient right?

thanks

Just in case people were looking for an answer to this. It took me about 30 mins in total collecting the car from Leeds on Saturday. This included about 20 mins checking over the car.

SC staff had a look at my trade in while I was checking the Tesla, so a trade in added no extra time.

My biggest distraction was my wife playing with Careoke (sp?).

Im really happy with the fit and finish of the car. it’s amazing!
Still only 53 miles on the clock and probably still has some Shanghai electricity in the battery.

When I turn on climate from the app it seems to put the battery into preconditioning (red battery symbol with snowflake in it on the Climate page)

when this happens there is an extremely high pitched whining noise that lasts until that battery symbol disappears. Anyone else seeing this who collected a 2021 M3?

So just collected my red LR from Southampton. everything great at first glance, but paint is absolutely covered in swirl marks.

The rep told me it was the valeting firm they were using and they noticed it on every car from the start of deliveries today at 9am.
He told me to log it in the app.

View attachment 640961 View attachment 640963 View attachment 640964 View attachment 640965
Same with me

My LR had zero issues, just the swirl marks...

Also, might be my imagination, or the difference between SR and LR, the driving is a lot tighter - cornering etc. Probably the second motor and feels great ;)

Already eyeing the acceleration boost upgrade 😏

Last edited:
Reactions: subsy and Jez_GB
Collected my Blue LR with white interior from Birmingham yesterday, so easy! Less than 5min to get the keys then spent 15 min looking and logging in to stuff for the ride home - came with 280 miles charged which was fine! Only thing I spotted was a couple of marks on the passenger seat that they soon cleaned off and was as good as new. Car is great, just want to get out and drive it more!

Is there a way of adding a secondary account for app access for my wife? It's a Company Car so not sure whether that makes a difference?

Small update. Just went to the supercharger and met a nice lady who picked up her car (identical to mine) 2 hours prior. She had (and hasn't spotted) exactly the same swirl marks on the paintwork as mine does.

With the license plades having totaly different first 2 letters (denoting pickup/registration location) it seems like a widespread problem, not just Southapton. They told me they got rid of the firm that did this, but I guess cars that had this problem are still being delivered.

The technitian said that the "solution" would be buffing the car and applying 3 layers of - something (sorry forgot) and they can do it in a day if dropped off in the morning (this was West Drayton SC).

Is there a way of adding a secondary account for app access for my wife? It's a Company Car so not sure whether that makes a difference?

Nope, you just need her to sign in with your credentials... You can of course add her pofile in the car itself.

Please be aware........... The app has location of the car....... So you would be technically sharing your location with the wife if you take the car....................................

Had chance to have a proper look over since I collected the car on Friday and almost everything is immaculate except for the drivers' and passenger door which are protruding a little bit. I think they mentioned something about this on a recent R Symons video, and didn't another member spot the same on his car? Anyway, I've booked it into Digbeth SC in a week's time so we'll see what they say/what can be adjusted.
driver door.jpgpassenger door.jpg

Collected my Blue LR with white interior from Birmingham yesterday, so easy! Less than 5min to get the keys then spent 15 min looking and logging in to stuff for the ride home - came with 280 miles charged which was fine! Only thing I spotted was a couple of marks on the passenger seat that they soon cleaned off and was as good as new. Car is great, just want to get out and drive it more!

If you have the car on your Tesla account, you can give access to a second account. On the account page (on the website), click on Manage your car and then you find it under “Car access”. Only possible if you can manage the car on your Tesla account, though!

Reactions: EricVet
Collected from Manchester on Saturday easy process. Happy with car. Swirls were present. Its in for detailing and PPF and Ceramic coating. I had a look after detailing lots of swirls and some poorly painted sections on side of car. They removed rear number plate to reveal a nice dent. Getting the detailers to fix this rather than use the app and be re-directed to stockport in May for a review.. Will post some pictures of the process when it comes back at the weekend. No issues with climate etc

Small update. Just went to the supercharger and met a nice lady who picked up her car (identical to mine) 2 hours prior. She had (and hasn't spotted) exactly the same swirl marks on the paintwork as mine does.

With the license plades having totaly different first 2 letters (denoting pickup/registration location) it seems like a widespread problem, not just Southapton. They told me they got rid of the firm that did this, but I guess cars that had this problem are still being delivered.

The technitian said that the "solution" would be buffing the car and applying 3 layers of - something (sorry forgot) and they can do it in a day if dropped off in the morning (this was West Drayton SC).
Is a solution to this issue to ask them not to clean the car prior to collection and clean the car ourselves? That’s what the detailer, who I’m going to get my PPF done with, recommended strongly to me.