Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is nicely ramping up my appetite for my collection on 4/12. Currently dropping in £10k per day into my account. Weirdest way I’ve ever purchased a car, but so far it’s so much better than the traditional set up.
Same here, my bank (Nationwide) allows 10k per transaction, so I've been doing it every half hour. It seems to take about 30mins for it to show up in my Tesla account, so I wait until it appears before I do the next one. Very weird paying for something I haven't seen or inspected. It better be alright..! The only action left in my Tesla account is to collect the car - on the 3rd Dec.

Bluewater was apparently very busy, lots of people collecting cars. He managed to collect the car around 1sh (our appointment was 2pm). Car came with 40% charge and only had 8 miles clocked in. He managed to charge up to 80% at the SC there.

While walking back to my car I said to a guy supercharging his grey 71 plate "nice new toy you have there" to which he said "my new wife"... This was about 1:30...

• Funny
Reactions: LeSloth
View attachment 737544

Well there you have it! Got my Tesla!

40% charge, no issues, panel gaps, missing paint, etc. whipped off the aero covers within 5 minutes! Car appeared in the app all good.
Nipped to the supercharger in Fosse Park, Leicester. Charged to 95% which gave me 283mile estimated range on the screen, so I reckon it definitely has the larger 60kwh pack.
Heated rear seats and steering wheel not appeared yet, but Tesla rep at space centre said it will come in the next few days.
At 40% SOC, I did 3 timed 0-60 sprints with my mate sat in passenger seat with stopwatch. 5.3, 5.5 & 5.3, so happy that I have the “older” acceleration times too!

Overall. One happy chappy.
You absolute legend. Thanks for doing the times! Great info and the car looks insanely good. Happy for you man!

I picked up the aero cap kit 2 off Tesla and I too will be whipping those aero covers off in about 5mins

Reactions: Simonix
This thread is nicely ramping up my appetite for my collection on 4/12. Currently dropping in £10k per day into my account. Weirdest way I’ve ever purchased a car, but so far it’s so much better than the traditional set up.
Are you going to start your countdown soon too? 😉

Yes, first time we’ve bought a car without having seen the car, or done a test drive 🥰🥳 And buying it online too 😂

I did see a Model 3/X/S back in 2018 at a Tesla showroom in Canada, it wasn’t as widely available here back then - Never thought we’d buy an M3 so soon.

At 40% SOC, I did 3 timed 0-60 sprints with my mate sat in passenger seat with stopwatch. 5.3, 5.5 & 5.3, so happy that I have the “older” acceleration times too!
^^^ This guy has his priorities right 😁
Very simple well managed collection of my new M3LR from Southampton today. Plenty of time to look over the car and no problems spotted.

Southampton seems to have the most relaxed setup from the pics - find out tomorrow!

Reactions: Simonix
My car showed the heated rear seats and steering wheel when I first opened the car door.
8 miles on the clock.
37% SOC around 130 miles.
Showing around 270 miles at 100% on the slider.

Give it a week for the BMS to get settled but try not to obsess about miles on the screen ... they're not "real". Most of us switch to just showing percentage ... much less depressing in winter months. The energy graph will give you the more useful detail when on trips.

Reactions: Elmet and SR-Plus