Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, newb here. I’m picking up my model 3 LR today from Bluewater 🤞🏻

Hopefully There’s no snags but do any of you have and advice on what are the main things I need to lookout for when checking the car over? I know of panel gap, issues with the paintwork and some missing usb c ports is there anything else that’s become common?

Any tips would be hugely appreciated.
How did it go?

DF5EF25D-63DD-491D-8A17-60CF3E1DCF74.jpeg
#TeamBlack Delivered on a lorry 23rd Dec was absolutely filthy as it was terrible weather and dark so got guy to make a note it was dark and filthy and raining so couldn’t inspect 😢. Nex Day washed and waxed and fulll check over seems to be a good one.. No wireless charging or ports but absolutely loving the car …

Slightly random question. But the other day I used a phone app based parking system for the first time with the new Model 3. When I put the registration in to the app, it reported it as a Tesla Model 3 LR. But my car is a Model 3 RWD. I just checked on Parkers, and it also shows my car as a LR.

Has this been listed incorrectly with DVLA? Do I need to change it? Is it possible that this will make my insurance higher, because the car is listed as a more expensive version?

I don't know where I would start in changing it to be honest. What do other people with RWD versions get when they check?

Has this been listed incorrectly with DVLA? Do I need to change it? Is it possible that this will make my insurance higher, because the car is listed as a more expensive version?
Is this your vehicle or a lease? What does it say on the V5?

Check on the MOT site to see what it is listed as:

If wrong then yes you could get a higher insurance premium and you will want to correct it. I'd start with Tesla as they would have incorrectly registered it, so make them do the work to correct it.

Is this your vehicle or a lease? What does it say on the V5?

Check on the MOT site to see what it is listed as:

If wrong then yes you could get a higher insurance premium and you will want to correct it. I'd start with Tesla as they would have incorrectly registered it, so make them do the work to correct it.
The V5 looked right when I checked it, but I will check again. The DVLA website says it is LR AWD, so is wrong. I will contact Tesla.

Thanks

Picked up from a very deserted Thorpe Park today. We were the only people collecting although there quite a number of other cars in the pickup tent.
Car is immaculate, no issues as far as I can tell, apart from the usual missing USBs and wireless charger.
Rear lights appear to be the new version too, so apart from the slightly high delivery mileage (around 80 I think) it's all good

Picked up from a very deserted Thorpe Park today. We were the only people collecting although there quite a number of other cars in the pickup tent.
Car is immaculate, no issues as far as I can tell, apart from the usual missing USBs and wireless charger.
Rear lights appear to be the new version too, so apart from the slightly high delivery mileage (around 80 I think) it's all good
Congrats. 80 miles does seem a little high.

I think I must have dropped lucky, I picked up an inventory vehicle on the 20th December from Manchester rather than waiting until February. It has front USB fitted along with wireless charging and had 11 miles on the clock so to speak. The only fault I noted was scratches on the bonnet and wing top, it was mentioned so taken away for detailing ( buffing out) and back in 15 minutes.

One thing I haven't checked is rear lights, I don't know the difference, they look good and work so I'm happy :)
one day I may try and work out which I have

I think I must have dropped lucky, I picked up an inventory vehicle on the 20th December from Manchester rather than waiting until February. It has front USB fitted along with wireless charging and had 11 miles on the clock so to speak. The only fault I noted was scratches on the bonnet and wing top, it was mentioned so taken away for detailing ( buffing out) and back in 15 minutes.

One thing I haven't checked is rear lights, I don't know the difference, they look good and work so I'm happy :)
one day I may try and work out which I have
The obvious difference is in the number of reversing lights, the original design has one, the new design has two. It's really of no great significance.