Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F4A32F41-FA2B-4765-ABE9-F2FC832109B9.jpeg

Here’s a photo of me trying to get out of the parking space. It was super tight in there! There was a lot of back and forth and general beeping coming from me and the car! I had help from two chaps in the end, otherwise it could have got expensive 😂

Tesla dont ship the latest software with their cars. They ship stable software that updates later.

"Seems unlikely now" - no need to jump to conclusions and needlessly scare others
Quite right, thing to remember is that the old SR+ had an app upgrade for the heated rear, worst case I reckon we end up with the same, mid case we can buy rear seat and steering wheel and best case we get them for free. Don't lose heart just because they aren't there yet, either way we will end up with something however we have got what we were originally expected for the meantime and for now just tell any rear passengers to shut up whilst we enjoy our front seats which are after all the most important 😉

Reactions: mrsniffles
Not sure if it helps, but when I rang up a couple of weeks ago, CS confirmed my orders (3rd Oct) was the new battery. I ordered believing it was the older battery at the time. She said, I would have more range, I asked about the steering wheel and seats and she confirmed it wouldn't come with that still, but would have newer battery.

View attachment 736822
Here’s a photo of me trying to get out of the parking space. It was super tight in there! There was a lot of back and forth and general beeping coming from me and the car! I had help from two chaps in the end, otherwise it could have got expensive 😂
That looks terrifying 😂 Kudos for getting that done, its so difficult getting your spacing and angles in a new car. One great thing is that the bonnet dips so low you can see what you are hitting at least clearly.

I have just had similar response from Emma too 😂 "Software is due to be released still".

Also confirmed updated range. Will see what the reading is with a full battery in the morning. I have a 200 mile journey to Carlisle early morning to do next week so that will be a good test to see how it performs in the cold on pure motorway, see what we make it there with.

Reactions: Eco Boy and Simonix
Picking mine up on the 8th at Bluewater, do let me know how it goes and what to expect. Good luck
Thanks!

I really can't wait and am so excited. I've had a few test drives but there's nothing like getting behind the wheel of your own car.

My home charger is installed but I think I may need to take a trip to a supercharger as I want to be out driving the car most of the day. I've also got a few bits to add to the car - a screen protector, front boot mat, etc.

I'd also like to add my private plate but assume I'll need to wait for the V5C form. Is that something that they'll give me when I collect or does it need to be sent to me by the DVLA?

Anyway I'll post photos when I've collected. Looking forward to seeing what the white interior looks like as well as I've only ever had darker interiors in previous cars.

Reactions: Leejmoff
Tesla dont ship the latest software with their cars. They ship stable software that updates later.

"Seems unlikely now" - no need to jump to conclusions and needlessly scare others

Ah hadn't realised that, thanks for letting me know; makes sense.

Definitely wasn't my intention to scare others but yea I can see reading it back now it could, sorry chaps!

It does... but if I had listened to the car, I'd have never got out. I literally had a few inches either side of the car, and the car was telling me to stop.
This is Leicester right @mrsniffles ? I am picking up there in two weeks and I hope they’ll have spaced the cars out a bit more because that’s ridiculous! I am assuming these were parked such that the ones in the back were first, with no thought about how these were coming out…

Is someone from Tesla overseeing this as you drive out? Because what’s stopping less careful/caring drivers hitting other cars and not telling anyone..?

This is Leicester right @mrsniffles ? I am picking up there in two weeks and I hope they’ll have spaced the cars out a bit more because that’s ridiculous! I am assuming these were parked such that the ones in the back were first, with no thought about how these were coming out…

Is someone from Tesla overseeing this as you drive out? Because what’s stopping less careful/caring drivers hitting other cars and not telling anyone..?
Yes this is Leicester.

There are far more other cars that are parked in normal parking. These ones are the only ones in the tent, sadly mrsniffles one was in there too.

IMG_7856.jpg

Reactions: Big_D
Just had a call from CS about collection and I asked the question out of interest at the end. He said they have been having issues with firmware for the update, the cars have the wheel and rear seats but in need of the update. He said it should all being well be before the end of the year.

Reactions: badbadger06
I meant to be collecting my SR+ on Monday 29th Nov from Thorpe Park, got a call from a Maidenhead earlier today which I missed. Called back and it was from Tesla, and I was kicking myself as I couldnt get through. Luckily they called me back, and have now booked it in for Saturday morning. I'm really glad to be getting it early, especially because I have been borrowing someones 2002 Smart Car (which has triggered my joint pains), as my lease ran out 3 weeks ago. The only negative was breaking the news to the Mrs that her black Friday shopping trip to Westfield is now postponed.