Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm now at the point of paying someone to check my car in Bluewater before I come over (I'm in Northern Ireland). They say it's awaiting Service to sign off on it, I'm scared it's been hit or something and they aren't telling me lol.

No Reg yet (so they say) but know the Chassis, Standard White Model 3,19s and White interior with a chassis ending in 8324.

Anyone who can get me photos of this car I will pay for their time. So any Bluewater people wanting to get paid let me know!
I’m heading there Monday to pick my LR up can help if needed. I wouldn’t charge you as well.

Reactions: WKZ12
Very disappointing collection at Southampton today’s could not find anything wrong with the car to moan about on the internet!

Luckily spotted some black grubby marks on the (white drivers seat), phew, forums are safe again.

Tip for those with tow bar, not in the car I was told there was supply issue and would come later from service center - first heard of this. After giving the car, as Mr Bridger would say “a good going over”, went back in to sign and said all was well - mentioned tow bar again and another tesla rep said “there’s a pallet of them out back” - so off they went and came back with one - sorted.

So make sure to ask a few times if you have tow bar and they say “supply issue” just in case they are “out back”.

Chatting to them they mentioned another ship was unloading today. Also they said they did expect some cars coming soon with missing USB ports, but expected them to possibly be fitted before collection - something to check in the next batch it seems - before everyone gets excited this was what they said and we all know how accurate internal information sharing can be at Tesla.

Not gone over everything in settings yet, have discovered how to set the horn to la cucaracha so have covered the important bits.

Grim weather, left the house with one spotless car and arrived back with two filthy ones. Bucket out tomorrow.

Plenty left waiting for the rest of you:
6CC17CF3-3B2F-414B-9AF5-68565C495C2B.jpeg

I was quite impressed with paint so far, and their prep seemed good as lots rain today and all the cars were beading nicely.
will still wash it tomorrow and if it warms up (or I get it in the garage with a heater!) might polish the main areas and rainx the windscreen and roof.

Collected today from Thorpe park.

For those collecting from Thorpe park, follow signs that say Tesla customers as you enter. There are two tents and the smaller one is where you need to be to finish the paperwork.

It was a cash purchase for me and the guy at the desk said there was nothing much to be done and it will be very quick and indeed it was, I was at the desk for exactly 3 min. He handed the keys and the Car appeared instantly on the app with a status ‘connecting to car’. I walked up to the other tent where the car was parked and the app was fully ready and with a big button to pair as phone key. Super slick. There were no flowers or champagne as I have had with BMWs before and the handover was as elegant and minimalist like that Tesla interior 😂

The car was clean and well presented, spent about 40 min going over the exterior and interior to spot something I could complain about. To be honest, I have never done this level of walking around with my previous cars and was throughly disappointed when I could not find one issue to complain about. Well there goes 40min of my time. Paint, panel gaps, underspray, door trim/seals, foggy lamps all checked out OK. Setup few options on the screen, created my profile, adjusted mirrors seat and I was off!

The car had done 7 miles on the odometer and came with about 45% charge and was plenty for my 25 mile journey back home. Throughly enjoyed the drive while it calibrated the cameras. No brakes from start to finish, which was fabulous.

The calibration was finished at about 18 miles from start and couldn’t enable FSD until I stopped. So have to try that next.

All in all a smooth experience and a great delivery experience. As Tesla improves their build quality the collection paranoia on build issues will reduce and picking up a new car will be as simple as getting milk from the local store.

Attachments

• 21F5DFDD-E7EB-48B6-9F24-1FA1AE471282.jpeg
    21F5DFDD-E7EB-48B6-9F24-1FA1AE471282.jpeg
    603.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 2FCBC5F1-A5EE-4EF1-BE31-83DA840B98DE.jpeg
    2FCBC5F1-A5EE-4EF1-BE31-83DA840B98DE.jpeg
    442.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 3D8A1FC4-D7F1-4A28-A420-0D94E563F3C9.jpeg
    3D8A1FC4-D7F1-4A28-A420-0D94E563F3C9.jpeg
    647.7 KB · Views: 45
Very disappointing collection at Southampton today’s could not find anything wrong with the car to moan about on the internet!

Luckily spotted some black grubby marks on the (white drivers seat), phew, forums are safe again.

Tip for those with tow bar, not in the car I was told there was supply issue and would come later from service center - first heard of this. After giving the car, as Mr Bridger would say “a good going over”, went back in to sign and said all was well - mentioned tow bar again and another tesla rep said “there’s a pallet of them out back” - so off they went and came back with one - sorted.

So make sure to ask a few times if you have tow bar and they say “supply issue” just in case they are “out back”.

Chatting to them they mentioned another ship was unloading today. Also they said they did expect some cars coming soon with missing USB ports, but expected them to possibly be fitted before collection - something to check in the next batch it seems - before everyone gets excited this was what they said and we all know how accurate internal information sharing can be at Tesla.

Not gone over everything in settings yet, have discovered how to set the horn to la cucaracha so have covered the important bits.

Grim weather, left the house with one spotless car and arrived back with two filthy ones. Bucket out tomorrow.

Plenty left waiting for the rest of you:
View attachment 737969
Thanks for sharing; picking up on the 8th from Southampton and I can't help but wonder if mine's on a ship or already there, who knows. My reg is v similar to those, maybe they are working their way down a list in order of the last three digits, AK71 N.. AK71P.. etc..! I might be getting slightly bored waiting!

I wouldn't recommend using RainX on the windscreen as it plays having with the wipers and is difficult to remove!
It's good for the roof and door windows though...
Thanks for tip, sounds like poor experience for you? I have not driven the car in the rain yet but seemed to work for the wife on the way back from Southampton - I have read the camera based system is easily confused.
Thanks for sharing; picking up on the 8th from Southampton and I can't help but wonder if mine's on a ship or already there, who knows. My reg is v similar to those, maybe they are working their way down a list in order of the last three digits, AK71 N.. AK71P.. etc..! I might be getting slightly bored waiting!
I assume our car came off one of the two ships last weekend, so pacing seems about the same.

Reactions: Elmet
Doubtful as Manchester are currently issuing MT71 and mine is MV71 collected 3 months ago, you would think it was the other way around