Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to call mine Gweilo (Cantonese - literally, "White Ghost" or colloquially "Foreign Devil") but my wife didn't like that so ended up with Simon, just for fun. I'd have called it Barry but that's my brother's name.

Collected from Southampton yesterday, staff were very friendly and helpful, especially as I'd arrived an hour early. I was pleased to find my car in the small inspection tent already, with nothing in front of it stopping me leaving when ready, and it was reasonably clean too. I had been expecting lots of muck after it sitting on the quayside in the recent rainy weather, but no. Just a bit of bird poo on the roof and some water marks on the mirrors. I found condensation in one of the headlights but I will take a second look at it this morning and raise a service request if necessary.

Going through the checklist was both reassuring and a bit boring. Would have been much easier with an assistant! No flaws found other than a scuffed wheel cover (replaced) and rear door handles recessed more than I'd like (fronts are perfectly flush). Everything seemed to work fine. About 50% charge. I drove the car to meet someone in Portsmouth and we went on to the nearby Supercharger in Havant, by which time it was dark and we could see them glowing invitingly ahead. Supercharging experience was spot on, no fuss or aggro, no pissing about with 3rd party apps, just open the charge port, grab the Type 2 / CCS cable, plug it in then tell the car to start charging. It was a Type 2 charger so I got 138kW initially, which dropped back as the battery started to fill. Took it to 90% while watching YouTube (forgot my Netflix password, d'oh!) then drove home.

Autosteer / TACC worked well with no phantom braking whatsoever. I got the "Nearside camera obsured" error on a dark dual carriageway but ignored it. Voice commands didn't work well at all, and I was unable to get Siri to find music on my phone. Very annoying. Autosteer "apply torque to steering wheel" alert seems to come up every 20 or 30 seconds and I think that is too soon. After 20 miles or so, my right hand started getting tired and I thought I may as well just steer it myself.

But. The ghostly, otherworldly nature of the thing... driving from the collection hub along the deserted dock road I was somewhat weirded out, it was so smooth and quiet and the spaceship-like interior adds to this. Of course, I will get used to it soon and then ICE cars will feel like ancient contraptions.

According to the screen I managed 260Wh/mile since the Supercharger visit at ambient 7 degrees C. I think that is OK as I spent most of my time at 70 mph and did at least two 0-60 dashes for fun, plus some mid range overtaking type maneuvres.

InkedFEA04AF0-7C2C-4B36-BE14-5471F2641AAA_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_8860_LI.jpg

Only two pictures of Simon I'm afraid, but we all know what they look like.

I did take a look round the back of the inspection tent at the car park, mostly to check out a red car up close. I decided I didn't really like it as much as I'd thought I would and the same goes for the blue cars. Black shows all the dirt and scratches too easily, and dark grey is just wrong to me (too drab). So I felt a little vindicated in my choice of pearlescent white, which looks proper fab in the sunshine. A shame they are so common! I've seen a few of them about and yes, I know they, too can look very dirty if there's mud about.

IMG_8861.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine last Wednesday and haven't had time to post about it til now! Did a trip to my parents on the day I got it to get a feel for it, and then had a work Xmas do in Birmingham on Friday, and then drove all the way up the M6 on Saturday! So already clocked about 350 miles. Unfortunately it's not all been rainbows and sunshine for me!

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_6129.jpg

• Car doesn't quite fit on my drive... which is a problem I didn't have with a Suzuki Alto! I'm sure it'll be fine though since the pavement nearby is quite wide...
  • The whole delivery process was excellent. Guy was very friendly and arrived at 9am. Told me how to unlock the car and start it (like I didn't already know from binging Youtube videos) and then I looked over the car using the checklist apps online
  • Not gotten my heated rear seats or steering wheel yet, been a few days now and granted, I've not been on Wifi a lot of the time - but I've just checked and still nothing
  • Had to arrange a mobile service to come out this Friday because my driver's side window is squeaking when you roll it up/down, and the wireless phone charger only charges my phone for 10 secs before it cuts out. Unsure if it's a dodgy charger, or my phone is too small (iPhone 12) - but annoying either way. Also now worried that because I'm not <100 miles, they'll charge me for the service despite getting the car 5 days ago!
  • I think I'm due supercharger referral miles because I got my order in before the cutoff? But I've not gotten them. Maybe my lease company dragged their feet and submitted the order AFTER the cutoff date? I'll need to phone Tesla today and ask about that and the heated wheel/seats
  • Learnt that Sentry drain is REAL... 4-10% a night when not on charge. So when I'm staying at family members' houses (like I am this week) where they have street parking... I am constantly on edge about someone damaging the car because I can't have sentry on for fear of not having enough range the next day :D
  • Also, someone lent on my car yesterday in a shopping centre to tie their shoes up and Sentry caught it (was plugged in charging) and I have not been happy about it since 😂. Despite there being no damage where they were...

Overall though, I bloody love it! It's RWD and still as quick as I remember the LR test drive being. The sound system is the best I've heard in a car. Supercharging is so fast - Stopped in Keele, went to the loo, added 30% to my battery in 10 mins. I highly recommend downloading Tezlab because even the free version is sublime for the features it adds! If the service guy can sort my squeaky window and charging issues, and CS can sort my heated wheel (and maybe free miles), I'll be even happier than I am now!

Well what a Friday i had!

Tuesday 30th And i got a text saying "your delivery is being calculated"

I emailed CS Friday asking for an update and got an immediate email back saying if i want it earlier do i want to collect it. Obviously i said "YES!!!!" .. got a call back at 2pm from an absolute legend called Ben who said my car is currently in Leicester and if i want to collect it i can get it at 4pm ... Leicester is 40 mins from my work so off i popped!!!

I got to Leicester....

IMG_9863.jpg

...And was welcomed by an array of Teslas ...

IMG_9860.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

Then i checked in and waited for my car to be brought round to the collection zone ...

IMG_9865.jpg

IMG_9866.jpg

And here it is ... Ive named it Platypus! 😁

IMG_0413.jpg

It came with 68% SoC which got me home and more and i am absolutely over the moon! WHAT A CAR!!!

I purchased a new USB to find it came with one, and i also got the cup holder mod as well but not overly impressed with how it fits!

IMG_9888.jpg

Im gonna stick around on this site because its awesome!! I hope this gives everyone hope who's awaiting theirs from an October order!

For the Lease people .. bit of advise. Apparently Tesla contacted LEX 10 days before my collection asking for approval of delivery fees... they didn't respond and my car was about to be 'Un-Matched' ... So if i didn't chase it like an impatient child on xmas morning i would have missed out.

Good luck with everyone else's Delivery/Collections! I hope you enjoyed my post.

I think I'm due supercharger referral miles because I got my order in before the cutoff? But I've not gotten them. Maybe my lease company dragged their feet and submitted the order AFTER the cutoff date? I'll need to phone Tesla today and ask about that and the heated wheel/seats

Not gotten my heated rear seats or steering wheel yet, been a few days now and granted, I've not been on Wifi a lot of the time - but I've just checked and still nothing
Oh - just got off the phone with Tesla support. Despite submitting the order on Sept 8th, my lease company didn't actually process it until Sept 21st, 3 days after the referral cutoff 🤦‍♂️ So missing out on that.

The CS guy (Colin) also put me on hold for 5 mins to check whether my car was eligible for the heated wheel/seats and came back and told me it wasn't - then I was thankful for badgering GBDeliveries to get it written down because I sent over a screenshot of the confirmation of spec email and he'll follow up with me later today - fingers crossed

Reactions: Oxstock
Got mine last Wednesday and haven't had time to post about it til now! Did a trip to my parents on the day I got it to get a feel for it, and then had a work Xmas do in Birmingham on Friday, and then drove all the way up the M6 on Saturday! So already clocked about 350 miles. Unfortunately it's not all been rainbows and sunshine for me!

View attachment 741117

View attachment 741118
  • Car doesn't quite fit on my drive... which is a problem I didn't have with a Suzuki Alto! I'm sure it'll be fine though since the pavement nearby is quite wide...
  • The whole delivery process was excellent. Guy was very friendly and arrived at 9am. Told me how to unlock the car and start it (like I didn't already know from binging Youtube videos) and then I looked over the car using the checklist apps online
  • Not gotten my heated rear seats or steering wheel yet, been a few days now and granted, I've not been on Wifi a lot of the time - but I've just checked and still nothing
  • Had to arrange a mobile service to come out this Friday because my driver's side window is squeaking when you roll it up/down, and the wireless phone charger only charges my phone for 10 secs before it cuts out. Unsure if it's a dodgy charger, or my phone is too small (iPhone 12) - but annoying either way. Also now worried that because I'm not <100 miles, they'll charge me for the service despite getting the car 5 days ago!
  • I think I'm due supercharger referral miles because I got my order in before the cutoff? But I've not gotten them. Maybe my lease company dragged their feet and submitted the order AFTER the cutoff date? I'll need to phone Tesla today and ask about that and the heated wheel/seats
  • Learnt that Sentry drain is REAL... 4-10% a night when not on charge. So when I'm staying at family members' houses (like I am this week) where they have street parking... I am constantly on edge about someone damaging the car because I can't have sentry on for fear of not having enough range the next day :D
  • Also, someone lent on my car yesterday in a shopping centre to tie their shoes up and Sentry caught it (was plugged in charging) and I have not been happy about it since 😂. Despite there being no damage where they were...

Overall though, I bloody love it! It's RWD and still as quick as I remember the LR test drive being. The sound system is the best I've heard in a car. Supercharging is so fast - Stopped in Keele, went to the loo, added 30% to my battery in 10 mins. I highly recommend downloading Tezlab because even the free version is sublime for the features it adds! If the service guy can sort my squeaky window and charging issues, and CS can sort my heated wheel (and maybe free miles), I'll be even happier than I am now!
Another photo straight out of CSI.

Lovely car.

Few things. The window squeaking as been covered a few times of late, keep us posted on this but its easily fixed with silicone spray yourself but I am curious to here what Tesla do.

Sentry: Drain is real I'm afraid, but this seems quite alot more than I've seen elsewhere. Test it again but do not log into the app at all - logging into the app does cause for the car use battery also.

Reactions: Abcmsaj
Has anyone seen this on their cars? Both of my back windows have this when steamed up.
Looks like something during production stuck to the glass / hand prints.
View attachment 741135
Thats some freaky *sugar* right there.

That said, its clear these are suction cups to put the glass in place. Wouldnt be suprised if all windows have this - Nothing to worry about, i'd say this is from the inside, just means the inside windows havent been cleaned.

Well what a Friday i had!

Tuesday 30th And i got a text saying "your delivery is being calculated"

I emailed CS Friday asking for an update and got an immediate email back saying if i want it earlier do i want to collect it. Obviously i said "YES!!!!" .. got a call back at 2pm from an absolute legend called Ben who said my car is currently in Leicester and if i want to collect it i can get it at 4pm ... Leicester is 40 mins from my work so off i popped!!!

I got to Leicester....

View attachment 741127

...And was welcomed by an array of Teslas ...

View attachment 741128
View attachment 741129

Then i checked in and waited for my car to be brought round to the collection zone ...

View attachment 741130

View attachment 741131

And here it is ... Ive named it Platypus! 😁

View attachment 741132

It came with 68% SoC which got me home and more and i am absolutely over the moon! WHAT A CAR!!!

I purchased a new USB to find it came with one, and i also got the cup holder mod as well but not overly impressed with how it fits!

View attachment 741133

Im gonna stick around on this site because its awesome!! I hope this gives everyone hope who's awaiting theirs from an October order!

For the Lease people .. bit of advise. Apparently Tesla contacted LEX 10 days before my collection asking for approval of delivery fees... they didn't respond and my car was about to be 'Un-Matched' ... So if i didn't chase it like an impatient child on xmas morning i would have missed out.

Good luck with everyone else's Delivery/Collections! I hope you enjoyed my post.
Love these shots, thanks for sharing. On the cup holders, how are they? you tried yet?