Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wouldn’t bother with insurance on the aeros, they’re very hardy wheels, and both the wheels and tyres are cheap to replace.
I was thinking this but I am planning on taking the aero covers off. I also live in a place where I have to get back roads, windy, full of debris and sometimes nails to work. I had an M2 before this Tesla for 2.5 years and I went through five tyres (puncture mainly) which could not be repaired and had to be replaced. It’s working out £8 per month over my lease term to get the insurance and the Pilot Sport 4’s are approx £150-200 per tyre. One incident and it’s paid off, and even then if I don’t have an incident there’s nothing stopping me from ‘accidentally’ getting a tyre damaged... and getting it replaced... right?

I was thinking this but I am planning on taking the aero covers off. I also live in a place where I have to get back roads, windy, full of debris and sometimes nails to work. I had an M2 before this Tesla for 2.5 years and I went through five tyres (puncture mainly) which could not be repaired and had to be replaced. It’s working out £8 per month over my lease term to get the insurance and the Pilot Sport 4’s are approx £150-200 per tyre. One incident and it’s paid off, and even then if I don’t have an incident there’s nothing stopping me from ‘accidentally’ getting a tyre damaged... and getting it replaced... right?
Sounds like your roads are much worse than ours, I’ve had 3 punctures in 22 years of driving, so does sound worth a mere £8pm for you.

Reactions: mosraza
There's nothing physically stopping you from parking somewhere else. What if you happen to visit a friend and are parked away from home? Does that mean you have no coverage?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but insurance can't prove you're parking somewhere permanently unless you actually tell them. Like I said, you could be "visiting a friend".

Any neighbours willing to share a permit?
This is exactly what I was gonna suggest. I actually have family that say they are living at a siblings address coz it's cheaper. So you could so something similar insurance wise if u have family or friends down Here. Its bending the rules a bit, but it insures ur car.

Permit wise keep fighting the fight on that and in the meantime find a side road to park on. Look up the app parkopedia

Reactions: moodel_tree
I actually have family that say they are living at a siblings address coz it's cheaper
pretty sure that's called insurance fraud

edit: yup

"insurance fraud could also be when a person provides false information to an insurance company in order to get insurance cover on more favourable terms"

You need to speak to your local Councillor. There will be 2 or three for your ward you can speak to. Try them all and see who is most proactive. In this case councillors are better placed than your MP to know exactly who to lean on in the council and get things done. (There's a good reason I know this.) At the very least they can kick up a big stink on your behalf but often just the councillor sending an email to the right person tends to sort things out very quickly.
Until then I suggest you find a friend willing to loan their driveway and don't panic.

Thank you, I’m not sure who the councillors are in Ealing. Found the MP and fired off an email earlier. Will have to give that a shot tomorrow. I don’t know anyone else around this area unfortunately and there really aren’t a lot of driveways around. I can find parking for £120/month but insurance is insane. No insurer would take it on with the car not living at the registered address with me, so had to go to a bespoke one. £3.6k for the year, £3k excess which is just mental money, I’m devastated. Work, home and car have all changed over the weekend, I’m stressed to the max and all my best laid plans have collapsed.

pretty sure that's called insurance fraud

edit: yup

"insurance fraud could also be when a person provides false information to an insurance company in order to get insurance cover on more favourable terms"

Yeah, thank you for the help but on such an expensive car, it seems daft to give insurers any more wiggle room than they already try on. Plus, it’s just not honest 😄

You need to speak to your local Councillor. There will be 2 or three for your ward you can speak to. Try them all and see who is most proactive. In this case councillors are better placed than your MP to know exactly who to lean on in the council and get things done. (There's a good reason I know this.) At the very least they can kick up a big stink on your behalf but often just the councillor sending an email to the right person tends to sort things out very quickly.
Until then I suggest you find a friend willing to loan their driveway and don't panic.
To follow up my previous message, researching it we have 10 councillors for our ward.

Looks like the Leader, Deputy Leader, Inclusive Economy and Good Growth councillors could be the best to go to given their responsibilities and areas of cover listed on the site:

Has anyone settled finance with BMW Financial Services prior to purchasing your Tesla recently? I settled mine y'day but BMW FS's systems are down so can't generate the clearance letter which means my onward finance provider for the Tesla won't release funds! They need proof on BMW FS letter head confirming my finance has been settled and cleared.

Anyone in the same boat as me? I've simply been told to "call back tomorrow as our systems might be working by then" by BMW FS. Frustrating to say the least! I'm due to collect on the 29th which should be fine but I need to get everything in place well beforehand. I don't even know if Tesla will accept payment on the day as their texts say it should be 7 days in advance.
I did not had absolutely no issue at all with my bummer exchange but we are in different countries

Hey all, I’ve received my number plate text but it doesn’t show up on any insurance site. How did you sort out insurance if it isn’t registered with DVLA until day of delivery? Thanks
The vehicle reg won't be registered with DVLA until the day of collection/delivery.

I was able to enter the reg and manually enter vehicle details to generate a quote in confused.com.