Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Just joined, great information on here
I placed my order on 3rd Aug for a M3P MSM White Interior.
Not received an allocation/VIN, I've tried calling, but just get told to wait
My order page just says 'We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.'
Is this normal, I've tried looking in the Source data.
Thanks
29th July order and still in the same state as you are! No allocation no VIN nothing.
I did get a text asking me to send a photo of page 3 of my current V5c on Friday which I did straight away.

Hi all,
Just joined, great information on here
I placed my order on 3rd Aug for a M3P MSM White Interior.
Not received an allocation/VIN, I've tried calling, but just get told to wait
My order page just says 'We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.'
Is this normal, I've tried looking in the Source data.
Thanks
based on my limited experience with my 1 order, yes, it is normal.

YAY! Just phoned Tesla, and got a lovely guy called Ben.
I said I needed VIN for insurance reasons, and he said he could see it has been allocated (even though I never got the text!).

He said my car is due to arrive 2nd week of September in Southampton for delivery 3rd or 4th week of September. Any idea what ship that could be? Also, my VIN ends in 329*** if that helps anyone? What does that mean for me?

I called too and he said pretty much the same thing towards the end maybe from 21-30 of September but can't give a correct date until the cars arrive in Southampton

Just got my final invoice asking me to pay. Delivery three weeks from today.

If I was to transfer a small amount is there a way of checking they have it before transferring the bulk?

Also, on the final invoice scheduled delivery date is 8th Sept. I wasn’t offered this date, only 13th Sept. Does that sound normal?
Silly question, as I know you've said "delivery", but was it actual delivery to your home or are you collecting somewhere nearby?

If I was to transfer a small amount is there a way of checking they have it before transferring the bulk?

Also, on the final invoice scheduled delivery date is 8th Sept. I wasn’t offered this date, only 13th Sept. Does that sound normal?
I also received my final invoice earlier so just checked to see what it said for scheduled delivery date (SDD). I'm collecting on the 7th Sept, the SDD said 20th August 2021. Could this be when it arrived in the UK? No idea why mine is way out.

I transferred all of the money in one go, which was pretty nerve wracking, as the tesla bank account does not support the name ID check. It showed a tick in my tesla account to show that I had paid within one hour.

I've just spoken to Tesla.
I was advised that a car has not been allocated, and if I see a car on 'Available Inventory' that I would like in different colour/interior then I should call them.
So I asked, does that mean I won't be allocated a Q3 car, answer was: if someone doesn't take their car then maybe it'll match your order.
I also asked if my colour selection was less common, MSM/White, they would not answer, but did confirm that most vehicles were already matched and allocated, and I should wait until 5th/6th September before calling back