Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, for what it’s worth

firstly - 11 days on average from port to customer.

ceramic coating / waxing = my go to is autoglym aqua wax first before anything.
Gives the paint a nice smooth feel, fills in any paint discrepancies nicely too.

I’m thinking about getting my car wrapped satin black..
Any idea on the insurance implications regarding car wrapping?

I really want to get ppf for my model 3 but I've read that most insurers aren't keen on covering vehicles that get wrapped, even with clear ppf. Or they charge a stupid premium for it.

Hi, for what it’s worth

firstly - 11 days on average from port to customer.

ceramic coating / waxing = my go to is autoglym aqua wax first before anything.
Gives the paint a nice smooth feel, fills in any paint discrepancies nicely too.

I’m thinking about getting my car wrapped satin black..
Thanks that would put it in to Southampton about the 14th or 15th so probably on Elektra then, but I can’t find the vin on there.
Autoglym products already waiting for it’s arrival.

Reactions: mosraza
Hey All

Been lurking a while and following with interest.

I bit the bullet and placed an order for a white M3 SR+ with 19’’ wheels 21/08. Was assured of a September delivery by SA and again when I called the support number to chase. After they then changed their tune and advised a November delivery I’d resigned myself to a bit of a wait.

Was prompted to check for a VIN today after an email from Tesla to confirm my finance approval and now seeing it in app and source code - 298*** Is it foolish to think there’s still a chance of September delivery? Would they be already allocating Q4 builds?

Any idea on the insurance implications regarding car wrapping?

I really want to get ppf for my model 3 but I've read that most insurers aren't keen on covering vehicles that get wrapped, even with clear ppf. Or they charge a stupid premium for it.
Because I’m not changing my colour (black to satin black) I don’t even think there’s any point telling my insurance. what do you think?
I do know friends who have wrapped theirs in different colours and some insurers plainly just cancel or void the insurance and some allow it.
Same with the acceleration boost - some insurers ask you tell them that because you’re increasing the horsepower technically.

Yes. Small mud flaps fitted with longer ones / extensions in a bag in the boot
Would you happen to have a photo of the ones that came attached to the car? Ps congrats!

Because I’m not changing my colour (black to satin black) I don’t even think there’s any point telling my insurance. what do you think?
I do know friends who have wrapped theirs in different colours and some insurers plainly just cancel or void the insurance and some allow it.
Same with the acceleration boost - some insurers ask you tell them that because you’re increasing the horsepower technically.
It's that "what if?" scenario. If you chance it, don't tell them, then get into an accident and need to claim, just know the insurance company will be looking for any reason to void your claim and not pay out.

But on the other hand, you may never have an accident ever, and go about your daily life.

Me personally, as someone who's had 4 car accidents in the space of 12 months, I wouldn't take the risk. It'll just be a professional ceramic coating for me.

I never even considered about the boost package and informing them, but seeing as that's just software, how would the insurers even know?

Last edited:
It's that "what if?" scenario. If you chance it, don't tell them, then get into an accident and need to claim, just know the insurance company will be looking for any reason to void your claim and not pay out.

But on the other hand, you may never have an accident ever, and go about your daily life.

Me personally, as someone who's had 4 car accidents in the space of 12 months, I wouldn't take the risk. It'll just be a professional ceramic coating for me.

I never even considered about the boost package and informing them, but seeing as that's just software, how would the insurers even know?

I guess so, I just don’t understand what a wrap even changes to a car to make it go up in price on the insurance. I guess it ‘looks’ nicer so therefore a higher risk of theft?

to be honest because I’m leasing my car I’ll just be going down the wax route for now. I’ll see how I feel later down the line, but £2k on a wrap for a car I hand back in 4 years doesn’t seem worth it.

ceramic coating done yourself is fine, don’t do it professionally. It’s a waste of money, too expensive for what in essence is a hydrophobic coating on your car.

no idea how they’d find out about the acceleration boost but again as you say, they’ll look at anything to avoid paying out in terms of an insurance claim.
FWIW, been driving 11 years now and touch wood no accidents and never had to use my insurance to claim anything. My insurance was £750 with 7 years no claims and both parents as named drivers which is expensive compared to others I’ve seen here!

I guess so, I just don’t understand what a wrap even changes to a car to make it go up in price on the insurance. I guess it ‘looks’ nicer so therefore a higher risk of theft?

to be honest because I’m leasing my car I’ll just be going down the wax route for now. I’ll see how I feel later down the line, but £2k on a wrap for a car I hand back in 4 years doesn’t seem worth it.

ceramic coating done yourself is fine, don’t do it professionally. It’s a waste of money, too expensive for what in essence is a hydrophobic coating on your car.

no idea how they’d find out about the acceleration boost but again as you say, they’ll look at anything to avoid paying out in terms of an insurance claim.
FWIW, been driving 11 years now and touch wood no accidents and never had to use my insurance to claim anything. My insurance was £750 with 7 years no claims and both parents as named drivers which is expensive compared to others I’ve seen here!
I think it also has something to do with the cost of repairs, wrapped vs unwrapped, owing to it being labour intensive when repairing a wrapped car.

I'll look into DIY ceramic coating, only issue is I live in a block of flats with no real area to work on a car. Unless I make a 5 hour journey up to my parents and borrow their drive way 😂.

£750 is expensive? Try £1300 🤣😂😭

Hey All

Been lurking a while and following with interest.

I bit the bullet and placed an order for a white M3 SR+ with 19’’ wheels 21/08. Was assured of a September delivery by SA and again when I called the support number to chase. After they then changed their tune and advised a November delivery I’d resigned myself to a bit of a wait.

Was prompted to check for a VIN today after an email from Tesla to confirm my finance approval and now seeing it in app and source code - 298*** Is it foolish to think there’s still a chance of September delivery? Would they be already allocating Q4 builds?
Hi and welcome.

That VIN seems awful low compared to many on here (including mine which starts 312 given I ordered in June). If that VIN is accurate then you’d think a September delivery but others on here more experienced than I might have a more accurate view.

I think it also has something to do with the cost of repairs, wrapped vs unwrapped, owing to it being labour intensive when repairing a wrapped car.

I'll look into DIY ceramic coating, only issue is I live in a block of flats with no real area to work on a car. Unless I make a 5 hour journey up to my parents and borrow their drive way 😂.

Thats a great point, I guess someone here will have experience of wrapped cars & insurance costs! What colour have you went for?

Ceramic coating when done professionally is nothing more than simply waxing your car. You can take your car to any petrol station that has a DIY car wash and spend 3-4 hours there washing it (don’t use their brush!!) and applying a ceramic coat or wax.

how old are you if you don’t mind me asking? And where do you live? I was getting quotes for £2800 then one day magically 3 quotes (all subsidiary companies of admiral) appeared at £720, 750 and 780.

Thats a great point, I guess someone here will have experience of wrapped cars & insurance costs! What colour have you went for?

Ceramic coating when done professionally is nothing more than simply waxing your car. You can take your car to any petrol station that has a DIY car wash and spend 3-4 hours there washing it (don’t use their brush!!) and applying a ceramic coat or wax.

how old are you if you don’t mind me asking? And where do you live? I was getting quotes for £2800 then one day magically 3 quotes (all subsidiary companies of admiral) appeared at £720, 750 and 780.
I wanted MSM with black interior, the missus wanted white on white, so we're getting white on white.

35, driving since 18 and living in London. Churchill was the cheapest I could find on comparison sites. Given my track record, a lot of insurers are giving me a wide berth

How does a simple minded person use these links?!
H
Next ships and VIN tracking pages:

GLOVIS COMPANION

Operated by Stena Glovis
Fleet | VIN Tracking (not available)

LAKE GENEVA
Operated by EUKOR
Fleet (not vessels list) | VIN Tracking

SFL CONDUCTOR
Operated by SFL Corp
Fleet | VIN Tracking (not available)

ELEKTRA
Operated by Wallenius Wilhelmsen
Fleet | VIN Tracking

GRAND RUBY
Operated by Nippon Yūsen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK RoRo)
Fleet (not available) | VIN Tracking (not available)

TRITON ACE
Operated by Triton Shipping BV
Fleet (not available) | VIN Tracking (not available)

Others
United European Car Carriers (UECC) | Fleet | VIN Tracking
Höegh | Fleet | VIN Tracking
MOL Auto Carrier Express | Fleet | VIN Tracking | Obs: on its website shows vessels from another carriers. To be investigated.

has anyone managed to successfully track their Q3 order?

If you ceramic coat it yourself then bear in mind the car needs to stay dry for 24hrs after

Reactions: IAmNotARobot
I wanted MSM with black interior, the missus wanted white on white, so we're getting white on white.

35, driving since 18 and living in London. Churchill was the cheapest I could find on comparison sites. Given my track record, a lot of insurers are giving me a wide berth

1800-1900 here in london, similar stats although used to live up north. DL was the cheapest for me, every where else was 3-4,000+ its nonsense. I hate it because before coming down here I used to pay 400 for my Golf R, then it jumped to 1700 for the remaining 7 months of the cover when I moved.

After much back and forth with Zenith and Tesla, finally got the order authorised and picking up my Black LR with white interior, 18inch Aeros, from Southampton 11.30 on Sept 22nd 💥 They offered to deliver but as I only live 4 miles away I told them I’d rather pick it up.