Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to Tesla CS today (No VIN for me yet). Chap said that there are more Tesla orders due into the UK for Q4 then there has been for the whole of 2021 to date!

Also told me they had allocated over 700 VINs this morning alone (He said the priority being orders that missed out from the Q3 deliveries) and has said he believes the vast majority of outstanding orders will be allocated VINs in the next 10-14 days.

He also said that they are now allocating VINs from when they drive out of the factory now, not when they load onto ships.

He believes that all orders should be delivered before mid December, as HO has asked for the vast majority of UK staff at the delivery centres, etc to book Xmas and New year off as holiday... Read into that what you will...?!

Obviously this is just what one guy on the phone told me, but he was certainly much more "chatty" and willing to discuss things compared to my past experiences with calling them. He said he was very proud to be working for Tesla, and believes that this Q4 will blow the socks off their numbers/forecasts for the year!
Thanks for this update! Gives me hope that a VIN will be allocated imminently!

M3 LR White/Black ordered on 24-Sep-21

Spoke to Tesla CS today (No VIN for me yet). Chap said that there are more Tesla orders due into the UK for Q4 then there has been for the whole of 2021 to date!

Also told me they had allocated over 700 VINs this morning alone (He said the priority being orders that missed out from the Q3 deliveries) and has said he believes the vast majority of outstanding orders will be allocated VINs in the next 10-14 days.

He also said that they are now allocating VINs from when they drive out of the factory now, not when they load onto ships.

He believes that all orders should be delivered before mid December, as HO has asked for the vast majority of UK staff at the delivery centres, etc to book Xmas and New year off as holiday... Read into that what you will...?!

Obviously this is just what one guy on the phone told me, but he was certainly much more "chatty" and willing to discuss things compared to my past experiences with calling them. He said he was very proud to be working for Tesla, and believes that this Q4 will blow the socks off their numbers/forecasts for the year!
I noticed the guy I chatted to earlier was a bit more chatty and got similar info as you around amount of vins already sent out, he said the first 600 vins were sent out yesterday apparently

Reactions: tmleafs17
Best of luck fellow Paddy also ordered blue. Bit concerned their like hens teeth as don't see them much in existing inventory in other countries. Thinking maybe should changed to standard white and wrapped it. But will hold tough now.
I ordered back in July and got mine delivered at end of Sep in Dublin. I originally ordered a blue SR+ with white interior, but I never got a VIN for it. Ended up switching to a standard white with black SR+ To have a delivery confirmed.

Reactions: BevyBoy
I ordered back in July and got mine delivered at end of Sep in Dublin. I originally ordered a blue SR+ with white interior, but I never got a VIN for it. Ended up switching to a standard white with black SR+ To have a delivery confirmed.
How did you know what to order so you could definitely get delivery confirmed? I’ll try myself if I get no luck. I ordered 1st October black/black

How did you know what to order so you could definitely get delivery confirmed? I’ll try myself if I get no luck. I ordered 1st October black/black
Towards the end of the quarter keep an eye on the inventory page as cars pop up on there. If you contact Tesla they can switch your order to match those. A few people on here did that last quarter I think they had to pay another £100 deposit and did lose their free supercharger referral miles though

Towards the end of the quarter keep an eye on the inventory page as cars pop up on there. If you contact Tesla they can switch your order to match those. A few people on here did that last quarter I think they had to pay another £100 deposit and did lose their free supercharger referral miles though
Really not a fan of the way Tesla does this. I personally feel like those cars should be going to people who have their orders in and are waiting.

Really not a fan of the way Tesla does this. I personally feel like those cars should be going to people who have their orders in and are waiting.
I agree. A car the same spec as my order popped up on inventory in Glasgow last quarter but it had to be collected and paid for by 5pm the following day (last day before quarter end in fairness). I did ask if it could be shipped closer to make that possible but they said all cancelled orders have to be collected from the location they were originally intended to be collected from.

Reactions: OddityError
Today the news has shown container ships being turned around at Felixstowe, as they are at full capacity.
Is this the same for car transportation ships also? Or do they follow a different plan?
Thanks
Felixstowe is a container port, Tesla use Southampton as I understand it and car loads are different berths to containers - so different issue. Felixstowe has been gridlocked for ages I just think its in the news today to try and distract from other news like the handling of the pandemic...

Reactions: OddityError
Yeah its slightly different. I live down the road from Felixstowe and several friends work there. The problem is a huge backlog of containers, largely empty, has filled the port over the previous weeks and months. They don't physically have space to offload more containers until the backlog subsides, and there aren't enough HGV drivers moving containers out at present. They can't see it getting better anytime soon. When vehicles are offloaded at Southampton they're processed and moved on pretty quickly so shouldn't cause us much trouble, unless they start parking containers in the car yards!

On Tesla chat today. I received an RN for my M3P through NHS fleet on September 6th. They think it will be December delivery, and it sounds like an M3P thing, not specific to my order.

Dejected. My tax bill would be smaller with November delivery, due to vagaries of the pension tax system

Dave

woo-hoo text message and email from Tesla. car is assigned.

for info, ordered 10 Aug for red Long range, via ALD leasing. up until now nobody would say anything. chased this morning, as need finance docs to prove car on order, to get the EV charger point grant for installation. was told should know within a week, with the finance docs being sent about 3 weeks before delivery.

now to find the boat..

Reactions: Tom Tes
On Tesla chat today. I received an RN for my M3P through NHS fleet on September 6th. They think it will be December delivery, and it sounds like an M3P thing, not specific to my order.

Dejected. My tax bill would be smaller with November delivery, due to vagaries of the pension tax system

Dave
I'm waiting on a M3P also.
Yes, my experience chatting with Tesla support it seems that all M3Ps will be December.

Good luck to you!