Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an SR+ on order (delivery date end of this month) and have just spoken with CS to clarify the situation.

My SR+ will have the new battery (305 mi range), however, it will NOT have the advertised 0-60 of 5.8 seconds, but instead have a 0-60 of 5.6 seconds.

Either way I'm not getting the car I ordered, but I think the 0-60 discrepancy is very strange...

I asked also, delivery end of this month, and CS told me my car WILL NOT have the new range, only cars ordered TODAY will have the new range...

Equally, having the new battery and a faster 0-60 than the ones advertised, makes little technical sense... it's unlikely you have the new battery IMO.

That's incredibly confusing then isn't it... I'm calling up CS to ask them again, I hate how everyone seems to get different answers

Do let me know what they say, I'll do the same.
Yeah please try to find out... I would be interested to know if there's a sure-fire way of finding out like there is for the hairpin motors in the VIN. Annoying that they just change stuff on the website without any press release or update and leave paying customers guessing whether they have an extra 15 miles or range & a slower 0-60 or not...

I feel lost now, every day multiple times a day I've been watching Talia make her crossing but now she has left Southampton I've nothing to track until the final delivery day........lost as to what to do with myself now, I've had to resort to speaking to the wife, turns out she has been really busy over the last few weeks and I've not helped out at all...... oh well. The kids have also been asking why do you keep looking at that man (Mr Miserable) 🤣
I absolutely love this. My son isnt old enough to know what im doing, but he wont hesistate to slap me in the chops if i aint playing with him as i look at mr miserables updates.

• Funny
Reactions: SR-Plus
I wish I could articulate the conversation I just had in a better way, but it seemed like the guy I spoke to had no idea whatsoever.

He said first off that there is no new battery, just a new motor, and my car would be the "original specification" that I ordered.

I then told him about my conversation on chat where I was told it would be a new battery with 305mi range and 5.6 0-60.

He said that there is some confusion at the minute as they only just found out themselves, but my car would have a range of 278 miles and the "old" 0-60 of 5.6 seconds. So this is an entirely new set of figures.

I explained that the car I ordered had a range of 254mi and 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, and he said "oh, yeah. It is 5.3 seconds, but it's saying 278 miles".

So he had no idea, he just said it was 0-60 in 5.3 but I kind of feel he was trying to get me off the phone.

This is really poor on Teslas part...

I wish I could articulate the conversation I just had in a better way, but it seemed like the guy I spoke to had no idea whatsoever.

He said first off that there is no new battery, just a new motor, and my car would be the "original specification" that I ordered.

I then told him about my conversation on chat where I was told it would be a new battery with 305mi range and 5.6 0-60.

He said that there is some confusion at the minute as they only just found out themselves, but my car would have a range of 278 miles and the "old" 0-60 of 5.6 seconds. So this is an entirely new set of figures.

I explained that the car I ordered had a range of 254mi and 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, and he said "oh, yeah. It is 5.3 seconds, but it's saying 278 miles".

So he had no idea, he just said it was 0-60 in 5.3 but I kind of feel he was trying to get me off the phone.

This is really poor on Teslas part...
Dont blame tesla here, you just have a lemon of a SA.

Reactions: SpaceCowboy
I think I can blame Tesla for getting a different specification to what I originally ordered.
Guys... chill.

Pretty evident what is going on. They've upgraded the performance in terms of range and for whatever reason, as standard, the car is a little slower. Reason tesla are saying on the phone that they'll get you your 0-60 performance match is because it will likely be a software update for you all. Contractually you wont get shafted as that isnt the car you bought.

Anyone buying new from now on will get a slightly slower one, but im sure even they'll get the same speed as you later down the line, through, guess what, a software update.

Reactions: khew1988
Also got my VIN this morning, SR+ Blue/Black ordered 14th October.

No "J" in my VIN that previous commenters have said indicates the new battery (or motor?) or is that no longer what we're thinking?

Either way, I was happy with the stats when I ordered and this is part of buying a Tesla it seems. There will also be pros and cons any variant and I can't wait to get mine.

To me it would make sense the big jump in the delivery timeline on the SR+ soon after I ordered from Nov/Dec to Feb 2022 is related to the new battery rollout but that's pure speculation and if CS is saying different 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: SpaceCowboy
Guys... chill.

Pretty evident what is going on. They've upgraded the performance in terms of range and for whatever reason, as standard, the car is a little slower. Reason tesla are saying on the phone that they'll get you your 0-60 performance match is because it will likely a software update for you all. Contractually you wont get shafted as that isnt the car you bought.

Anyone buying new from now on will get a slightly slower one, but im sure even they'll get the same speed as you later down the line, through, guess what, a software update.
Yeah and if that is the case then no worries at all, but at the minute there's nothing to say that is what's happening, and it's a bit unnerving to hear from multiple CS agents that I'll be getting the "old" speed of 5.6 when the one I ordered was 5.3 haha.

Yeah and if that is the case then no worries at all, but at the minute there's nothing to say that is what's happening, and it's a bit unnerving to hear from multiple CS agents that I'll be getting the "old" speed of 5.6 when the one I ordered was 5.3 haha.
Dont accept the car if it doesnt match the performance of what you bought. Simple. They will match what you bought otherwise they'll have chaos on their hands... do not worry.

You dont buy a 4 slice toaster for it then to turn up offering 1 slice.

I always get told different things ever y time I phone up! haha!

Bear in mind the SR+ 0-60 did use to be 5.6, then dropped to 5.3 for the last year or so. Maybe, the rep you spoke to got mixed up....