Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is really odd. New battery pack, higher range and faster 0-60.
So what is the limiting factor on the new 2022 Q1 models for their 0-60 time?

Why do we get better range and better performance?

Doesn't add up?
Exactly my thoughts and I'm finding it hard to believe. To be honest, its a big deal for me as I'm currently deciding between taking delivery in December or Feb '22 but if accepting delivery in December gives me the best of both worlds I will definitely pull the trigger and take the resale hit of a slightly older plate down the road. Trying to get actual confirmation from Tesla but receiving a wishy washy response via email.

Exactly my thoughts and I'm finding it hard to believe. To be honest, its a big deal for me as I'm currently deciding between taking delivery in December or Feb '22 but if accepting delivery in December gives me the best of both worlds I will definitely pull the trigger and take the resale hit of a slightly older plate down the road. Trying to get actual confirmation from Tesla but receiving a wishy washy response via email.
Depending when delivery and registration in Feb, you might not even get that new plate!

When I ordered the car back in September, the range was a claimed 448km with a 0-100 km/h of 5.6secs

As of today this is now 491km with a 0-100km/h of 6.1 secs.

Tesla support have informed me that all SR+ cars ordered before today and due for delivery in Q4 will have the 491km range with the previous 0-100km/h of 5.6secs.

There’s only one way to find out the 0-60 times when new Q4 owners get their cars. I don’t think my fingers can stop a stopwatch in 0.2secs though. Need one of those draggy gadgets.

By the way guys, I talked with the Tesla chat who mentioned that we should wait for an SMS to be received confirming VIN before it's assigned in your account, and without that, it doesn't mean the car is fully allocated.

Though I'll go by whatever past experience others on here have had, ie. if they've seen their VIN in source and never been sent a text and still got delivery, maybe someone can confirm?
I never got a VIN text ,but have delivery booked. I never even received a delivery text either until I made the appointment with them over the phone and made them manually send me one for confirmation!

It appears quite a few people never received those texts.

Reactions: Awesome_O
I called Tesla this morning, he told me there was an issue with my number on the system - I suspect others have the same issues.

I booked a 29 Nov Delivery online and today had it moved to 26 Nov - he said my car is due at Bluewater late 25 Nov.

Spoke to Tesla CS again.
They've now told me, my August 2021 order for late November deliver will be "It will be the newly stated range" (directly quoted from Tesla chat), equally, with regards to 0-60 times: "it will be 0.2 seconds faster than it stated online"

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 12.35.51.png

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 12.35.59.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got a VIN text ,but have delivery booked. I never even received a delivery text either until I made the appointment with them over the phone and made them manually send me one for confirmation!

It appears quite a few people never received those texts.
Thanks for that! So if you didn't have a delivery text, how did you know your car was ready for delivery? Just continued chasing of Tesla chat/support?

Reactions: Simonix
In chat now. As above wont / cant confirm delivery as VIN is from source code and not on my account (can / may change)

They have advised they can't tell me which ship the car with the VIN i have is on, despite me challenging this as others have been told, he said he couldn't and finally thought i'd query the "new spec" cars and if they are in the Q4, current, deliveries :

one.PNG

two.PNG

Depending when delivery and registration in Feb, you might not even get that new plate!
In Ireland it's year to year and split between first half and second half of the year.

For 2022 it'll be
Jan - June plate = "221" & July - December plate = "222"

Unfortunately this does have a considerable impact on resale here. So the difference of a December 212 car vs a Feb 221 car will be substantial down the road.

Thanks for that! So if you didn't have a delivery text, how did you know your car was ready for delivery? Just continued chasing of Tesla chat/support?

Basically yes. Everyone else was getting vin source codes and delvivery texts, so I phoned CS until they told me mine!

Whereas my CS chat said it will be 0.2 seconds slower than the one I ordered.

I strongly suspect, that none of them really know.

Maybe they are watching this thread and enjoying the ping-pong of emotions :D

That's the same as what is quoted above - 5.3 WAS quoted online, now it says 5.8.

So 0.2 slower than your order, is 5.6. Same as 0.2 faster than what it says online today, is still 5.6.

By the way guys, I talked with the Tesla chat who mentioned that we should wait for an SMS to be received confirming VIN before it's assigned in your account, and without that, it doesn't mean the car is fully allocated.

Though I'll go by whatever past experience others on here have had, ie. if they've seen their VIN in source and never been sent a text and still got delivery, maybe someone can confirm?
Yes I never got a VIN until I'd paid off amount owing then I got VIN and Reg in same text I had seen VIN in source code though but never chased them

Also got my VIN this morning, SR+ Blue/Black ordered 14th October.

No "J" in my VIN that previous commenters have said indicates the new battery (or motor?) or is that no longer what we're thinking?

Either way, I was happy with the stats when I ordered and this is part of buying a Tesla it seems. There will also be pros and cons any variant and I can't wait to get mine.

To me it would make sense the big jump in the delivery timeline on the SR+ soon after I ordered from Nov/Dec to Feb 2022 is related to the new battery rollout but that's pure speculation and if CS is saying different 🤷‍♂️
I ordered SR+ Black/Black standard wheels 28/9 and my vin has " J " as 8th character. Delivery 25th Nov. Trafford centre.
Have I got the 60Kwh battery.

Basically yes. Everyone else was getting vin source codes and delvivery texts, so I phoned CS until they told me mine!

That's the same as what is quoted above - 5.3 WAS quoted online, now it says 5.8.

So 0.2 slower than your order, is 5.6. Same as 0.2 faster than what it says online today, is still 5.6.
Yeah this was my feeling too, I thought I was going crazy. Keep hearing I'll get the "old" speed of 5.6, but it was 5.3 when I ordered...

Also got my VIN this morning, SR+ Blue/Black ordered 14th October.

No "J" in my VIN that previous commenters have said indicates the new battery (or motor?) or is that no longer what we're thinking?

Either way, I was happy with the stats when I ordered and this is part of buying a Tesla it seems. There will also be pros and cons any variant and I can't wait to get mine.

To me it would make sense the big jump in the delivery timeline on the SR+ soon after I ordered from Nov/Dec to Feb 2022 is related to the new battery rollout but that's pure speculation and if CS is saying different 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, no, Performance is not getting any upgrades, and that is February also, it's down to demand, and production. More LR's are produced than SR+/P models, so the wait times are longer.

Ok guys, I called Tesla just now and I have been assigned a vehicle - WOOHOO.

Now then, I asked about the range, and to add to the confusion she said the car will have the "old" range of 278 not the new 305.
I'm going to just see what turns up on the day as we're seeing a lot of contrasting information 😅

Ordered 11/10
Blue M3SR (standard spec)

Vessel is NABUCCO - expected 25/11 in to the UK

Yeah this.

Yeah please try to find out... I would be interested to know if there's a sure-fire way of finding out like there is for the hairpin motors in the VIN. Annoying that they just change stuff on the website without any press release or update and leave paying customers guessing whether they have an extra 15 miles or range & a slower 0-60 or not...
I ordered sr+ 28/9 Black/Black standard wheels delivery 25th Nov. at Trafford centre. My 8th letter of vin is " J ".
Do I have the 60 Kwh battery.