Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys, I called Tesla just now and I have been assigned a vehicle - WOOHOO.

Now then, I asked about the range, and to add to the confusion she said the car will have the "old" range of 278 not the new 305.
I'm going to just see what turns up on the day as we're seeing a lot of contrasting information 😅

Ordered 11/10
Blue M3SR (standard spec)

Vessel is NABUCCO - expected 25/11 in to the UK
I suspect some of them have been told, others haven't.
Specifically, the CS agent I spoke to looked at my RN, which meant he looked at the car and the order to tell me whether it was the new or old range.

I ordered sr+ 28/9 Black/Black standard wheels delivery 25th Nov. at Trafford centre. My 8th letter of vin is " J ".
Do I have the 60 Kwh battery.
Maybe, we think the J indicates as such.
In reality, nobody knows, seemingly, not even Telsa CS. I've been told I have the new range, and been told I don't have the new range, on the same day, by two different agents.

Maybe! I do have a J as the 8th character of my VIN though, which I know is for motor, but I also thought that was the "bigger" battery for SR+? Is there a bigger one now? Who knows til delivery!
There is speculation, the new batteries have new motors too, hence the change in character.

1233E007-2D69-480A-AC94-F8E940D482C3.jpeg

Tesla CS telling people what battery and 0-60 their new SR+ “might” be….

Now you mention it, mine was 5.3 when I ordered too, so it is 0.5 seconds slower! Hmmm, not ideal!
Personally, half a second of speed difference does not bother me. If I cared about fractional speed differences, I'd have gone for the LR/P. If more range comes at a cost of 0.5s 0-60, bring it on!!

However, suspect an OTA may fix this in future. Suspect the increased range sweetens the deal for a slightly slower than advertised motor, equally, you're getting the increased range for £1'000 less than people ordering now.

Not sure what footing this puts people on who are not happy they're not getting the acceleration they were advertised (even if it does mean they get more range for the same price).

Reactions: SpaceCowboy

Now then, I asked about the range, and to add to the confusion she said the car will have the "old" range of 278 not the new 305.
I'm going to just see what turns up on the day as we're seeing a lot of contrasting information 😅

Ordered 11/10

So did you have a text confirming VIN? Or did you check VIN in source code and then call them?

They didn't seem to have anything allocated on their end when I talked to Tesla, even though I see a VIN in source...

Ordered 11/10

What’s the 8th character in your Vin if you don’t mind me asking?