Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What could be even crazier is that there are two ships arriving in the UK within a day or so of each other and both could be carrying different SR+. Imagine if one boat is old SR+ and the next is new. But only a couple of days apart and really just down to luck which one your assigned. Madness... i mean its great if we get the heated seats and steering wheel alone but the range too seems nuts. And i am just not having they are giving SR+ full premium interior especially that sound system. Really would hurt LR sales. I am a massive pessimist though and will be happy as long as a functioning version of what i ordered in September comes. Anything else is a bonus.

What could be even crazier is that there are two ships arriving in the UK within a day or so of each other and both could be carrying different SR+. Imagine if one boat is old SR+ and the next is new. But only a couple of days apart and really just down to luck which one your assigned. Madness... i mean its great if we get the heated seats and steering wheel alone but the range too seems nuts. And i am just not having they are giving SR+ full premium interior especially that sound system. Really would hurt LR sales. I am a massive pessimist though and will be happy as long as a functioning version of what i ordered in September comes. Anything else is a bonus.
Scary...

Bit of a difference between mats that probably cost them pennies than a fully upgraded interior 😉
Not really, given the cars are built the same, and most features are software disabled.
SR+ have had heated rear seat elements and steering wheel elements in them for a while... including fog lamps and ambient lights that are just simply software disabled.

It's common knowledge Tesla reduce variation between builds as much as possible for cost saving reasons, resorting to software disable features later, which means they can then offer features as paid upgrades later in time, too.

I was thinking similar. If we are to believe it's connected to the VIN "J", then there have been people with VINs allacated in the last week or so with an "A" still?!

This could potentially mean the exact situation you just wrote.

As I keep saying though, it's all speculation until it's on your driveway.

Reactions: GraGor
Not really, given the cars are built the same, and most features are software disabled.
SR+ have had heated rear seat elements and steering wheel elements in them for a while... including fog lamps and ambient lights that are just simply software disabled.

It's common knowledge Tesla reduce variation between builds as much as possible for cost saving reasons, resorting to software disable features later, which means they can then offer features as paid upgrades later in time, too.
Fair enough, just seems a little odd, but then again this is my first Tesla and have only dealt with old school manufacturers in the past. Clearly have lots to learn!

Fair enough, just seems a little odd, but then again this is my first Tesla and have only dealt with old school manufacturers in the past. Clearly have lots to learn!
Yes, indeed, Tesla !=== legacy auto!

It's a frustrating part of Tesla ownership for many, having 14 speakers where only 6 work... and no option to turn them on.

Reactions: DoricJim
I was thinking similar. If we are to believe it's connected to the VIN "J", then there have been people with VINs allacated in the last week or so with an "A" still?!

This could potentially mean the exact situation you just wrote.

As I keep saying though, it's all speculation until it's on your driveway.
My friend ordered her SR+ about three weeks before me. She got a J in her VIN whereas I got an A.

Reactions: Simonix
I'm 37, 11 years NCB, 6 pts (4 years old), Live south of London, car is in garage overnight.

Wife is on the insurance also...

£1,100 for me as main driver.

or

Wife with 0 NCBs and as the main driver, £700

No brainer.

Literally no clue how you boys are pulling £500 annual costs. You must live in a Prison cell.
On the Directline link on the tesla page, for the comp plus. It quoted me the same as my current car from the AA, at £567. So I'll be canceling the old insurance and getting the new one when I get to change cars. Luckily i'm not at the worst postcode in Preston.

Just for interest - I collected my LR today having sold my 2019 P- this week. (Used Cazoo by the way who gave me a good price and no quibbles at all). Observations? The China built LR I collected today does feel a bit "tighter" in terms of build and quality. The acceleration doesn't feel massively different if at all on normal driving. The only other thing I noticed which could have just been a coincidence was that the autopilot seemed to nag a bit less than my previous P-. No paint or gap issues, although to be honest I'm not the type of person who agonizes about 1mm here or there anyway.

Pretty happy overall with the overall transaction, I've ended up resetting the clock on warranty/ battery/ tyres etc for a couple of grand basically.

Good luck to all those with upcoming deliveries, you won't be disappointed.

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 15.12.35.png

Chat I had just now 👀