Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
Ha... called CS and the guy was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Told me I was in a "rare batch" with the new range but old motor (so same 0-60) - next Q will have the new LR motor which decreases the 0-60 by 0.5-0.2 seconds.

When I asked about the wheel and rear seats, he said I'd get them standard, and that there's been "a lot of speculation from customers about other features included, but we have had no internal memo to suggest anything else from the premium interior will be included" (i.e. subwoofer, more speakers, foot-well lights, etc)

While I had him, I asked about the delivery day - I'll get an email in the morning with a delivery declaration that I should only sign when I am happy the car's arrived and is in good condition. Then it will take around 24 hours to process before I get access to my car in the app. I will get 2 texts on the day for delivery - one is an estimated delivery window, the other is when the driver is nearby.

That's all the info I got but he seemed VERY confident that I would have the wheel and rear heated seats. When he asked "how technical do you want me to go", I asked "how technical can you be?" and then he went on about LFP, motors, etc
I was told the exact same. I’m in a rare batch.

Question is, what do us rare batch folks loose out on not having the new motor?

Emma's usually the one that tells me bad news o_O
I've had Katy and Daria tell me mine's not getting the range boost or premium interior :(
You want to speak to Hannah, she's the best one! HAHA

So what is your VIN (without the last few digits obviously), trying to work out if I'm in this "lucky batch" you and @imjacobclark seem to be in on the "magic Vinchecker" at Tesla CS?!

Mine is: LRW3F7FJ3MC388***

I see now in your signature, my bad. Okay so you and imjacobclark getting very similar feedback for cars ordered at a very similar time to me, I'm just going to assume (hopefully) that I'm getting duff information from my CS representatives as I can't see why my car would be any different...
It's ok! I assumed you were on mobile where sigs don't show! I think we just assume that anyone who gets an SR+ delivered in Q4 gets the new battery, old motor, rear heated seats, heated wheel.

Anything in Q1 2022 gets the same but a new motor

Yep, i confirmed over the phone that my SR+ will be 305, slightly slower 0-60 and all heated seats and steering wheel.

He said over the phone there is nothing to suggest the 2022 Model 3 will come with full premium interior (I.e. subwoofer). I really want that.

Okay - Katy just gave me a call. The low down is this for me, I will get the new battery with the old motor so - more range, same acceleration. I will also be getting heated wheel and heated rear seats as standard. At this moment she cannot confirm if these cars include the upgraded audio system as they haven't been told.
This is exactly the same info as 2 other people have had on the phone also.

I'm now going to take this as fact.

• Love
Reactions: Bandito
1636041875373.png

None of this is making any sense to me... my VIN is LRW3F7FJ7MC3***** for what it's worth...

He’s wrong. He’s lumping it all in together. You get rear heated seats and wheel and NOT premium audio.
I think I'm gonna roll with what you're saying here, despite them actually being official Tesla CS haha, if there's anything I've learned over this past week it's that I can't really trust what I'm being told by them unfortunately, this is one hell of a rollercoaster...

Okay - Katy just gave me a call. The low down is this for me, I will get the new battery with the old motor so - more range, same acceleration. I will also be getting heated wheel and heated rear seats as standard. At this moment she cannot confirm if these cars include the upgraded audio system as they haven't been told.
I got a pretty similar reply from Michael earlier.
What's your VIN?
It seems all the SR+ get the new battery, but VINs with A in the motor position get previous acceleration and J motors get the slower acceleration.
I also got a yes for heated wheel + reat seats, but not sure about the premium audio.

I got a pretty similar reply from Michael earlier.
What's your VIN?
It seems all the SR+ get the new battery, but VINs with A in the motor position get previous acceleration and J motors get the slower acceleration.
I also got a yes for heated wheel + reat seats, but not sure about the premium audio.
This isn't the case.
I have a "J" and I've been told I have the bigger battery and faster acceleration. (plus seats and wheel)