Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't think (as with most the Tesla purchase experience) that it means anything

I placed my order 10/10 and got that message 14/10 and again on 26/10 despite doing it on the 14th and sending them a copy of the revised VC5 (and again on the 26th)

Still no VIN
Ordered LR cheapest config + EAP 06/10. Still no VIN either. I have not accepted my trade in offer. Tesla CS assured me multiple times that this does not affect allocations. Maybe it actually it does, anyone knows?

Reactions: JonP73
Excellent, thank you!. I'd have thought 15 would be too dark but looks top notch on the photos. Did you plasti dip the emblems black or just full replacements?
They are these badges, proper metal ones and one is curved to fit the boot, just like the originals.

C303D57B-FA96-478A-8813-7E88EC03662F.jpeg

Reactions: Abcmsaj and Bandito
They are these badges, proper metal ones and one is curved to fit the boot, just like the originals.

View attachment 729772
That looks dope. Definitely want to change mine out to these.

How much did the tinted windows cost if you don't mind me asking? Was it just the back seat windows or did you get the rear windscreen done as well?

BTW, I think they had a slightly different variant of the red paint before. A neighbor of mine has the Model 3 in red from about 2 years ago, and it doesn't look anywhere near as good as what you have in the pics

Reactions: teaston
Ordered LR cheapest config + EAP 06/10. Still no VIN either. I have not accepted my trade in offer. Tesla CS assured me multiple times that this does not affect allocations. Maybe it actually it does, anyone knows?
Had it assured to me it doesn’t have an affect on your order.
It took them 9 days to offer on mine, I waited 6 days to accept (put private plate on retention and waited for V5)

Reactions: JonP73
It’s the carbon matte one from here, it is 100% genuine carbon fibre and excellent quality. It comes with tape pre applied. Need to clean the boot lid with alcohol then prep it with the supplied primer wipes. Also, if it’s cold I would warm up spoiler and boot with a hair dryer first.

View attachment 729763
View attachment 729764
The CF spoiler does look good, the question is . . . . how does this £250 spoiler compare with the £100 AliExpress spoiler?

Red Multi-coat

Red- Multi-Coat . . . . . . . . what does 'Multi Coat' mean; I san see it costs twice as much as any other colour?

I note that your rear windows are 'blacked' I don't recall seeing that as an option/choice?
The ‘clear’ coat lacquer has a hint of red, hence the colour is multi coat to give it a depth. Tesla struggle with this colour hence they charge more. Established manufacturers are able to do 5 coat paints for less cost.

View attachment 729772
CF spoilers, CF dash and door trims, badges, mats, boot liners etc., etc these are all things that most Tesla buyers are interested in buying, they are all made in China and it's a minefield trying to identify the best quality product for the best price. I have said it before and I am, saying it again (moderator) this is a topic which should (IMO) be a sticky thread on this site. Teaston looks to have spent a lot of time looking at these various purchase choices perhaps he would be the best person to stat that thread with his list of purchase choices (where from / how much) ?

That looks dope. Definitely want to change mine out to these.

How much did the tinted windows cost if you don't mind me asking? Was it just the back seat windows or did you get the rear windscreen done as well?

BTW, I think they had a slightly different variant of the red paint before. A neighbor of mine has the Model 3 in red from about 2 years ago, and it doesn't look anywhere near as good as what you have in the pics
The tints were £240 for all 5 rear windows. This is just tinting the lower portion of the rear windscreen, to have all of it done so that there is no line would be £100 extra (and only available in 5% tint at the place I went to), I didn’t want to make the top section darker so that my daughter could still see out of it easily.

You might be right about the red paint changing, my painted mud guards from Green Drive are a slightly darker shade than my car.

Reactions: Awesome_O
The CF spoiler does look good, the question is . . . . how does this £250 spoiler compare with the £100 AliExpress spoiler?

That ali one is £123 with tax.

Who knows though, I haven’t heard of anyone buying that one, so maybe it’s the same, or maybe it’s crap, it will take a LOT longer to arrive than the green drive one though. The green drive one has gone up £30 since I bought mine, and I didn’t realise I’d have to pay tax + fees on arrival, so I get why you’re hesitant at £250.

CF spoilers, CF dash and door trims, badges, mats, boot liners etc., etc these are all things that most Tesla buyers are interested in buying, they are all made in China and it's a minefield trying to identify the best quality product for the best price. I have said it before and I am, saying it again (moderator) this is a topic which should (IMO) be a sticky thread on this site. Teaston looks to have spent a lot of time looking at these various purchase choices perhaps he would be the best person to stat that thread with his list of purchase choices (where from / how much) ?
I’m flattered, but I only know about the bits I bought.

There is an accessories mega thread here, which is probably where we should be discussing these things rather than going off topic here.

I’m flattered, but I only know about the bits I bought.

There is an accessories mega thread here, which is probably where we should be discussing these things rather than going off topic here.

Thanks for the link - if that thread had been a 'sticky' thread I would have seen it before !

Clearly you've done a great job on tastefully enhancing the appearance of you car - well done

Reactions: teaston