Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hmm. We dont know the real world range of LFP in the M3. The LR is around 290-310 (thats around a 27% drop). That puts the M3 at 222 approx.

From a LR perspective, if I was doing a London to Cornwall trip, I'd be going to 100%. Then you need to think about charge speeds on these LFP's. which is likely given the chemistry to be slower than the LR to get to an equivalent range.
Yeah, we know LFP SR+ get about 220 miles at 100% charge (LFP has been in the SR+ since early this year), that'll be about 240 on the bigger 60kw battery.

290-310 is a 100% charged LR, again if we take 310 (best case) at 80% (recommended max regular SOC), you're still sitting at 248, the difference in these circumstances between base Model 3 and LR is pretty insignificant now range wise (even at a 90% SOC, it's only about 30 miles more).

We need Tesla to bring out a refreshed LR to enhance its proposition against the Q4 2021/2022 base M3.

The differentiator remains acceleration performance, but thats irrelevant for the vast majority of buyers, range is the biggest factor when folks decide which to buy. (audio, fog lamps and ambient lights notwithstanding, very few people likely to be swayed to drop an extra 6.5k for a couple extra lamps and speakers).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm a lease purchase. I never received at VIN text, nor a Delivery text.

I had to chase and get it all done manually over the phone with Tesla.

If it wasn't for this forum, seeing everyone else getting their info/texts, signalling for me to chase Tesla, I would probably still be sat here waiting, wondering what the hell was going on!
Same sort of boat as you guys leasing. Ordered 9th Sept even tho I now have a delivery date of the 25th Nov sent via text, still got no VIN.

I don’t think it hurts to contact them for an update but you may need to get auth from your leasing company before CS gives you and real information.

Good luck!!!

Reactions: Simonix
SR+ has had the LFP battery for most of this year now in UK. People are getting around 220miles from the 55kwh version. If these new ones are 60kwh, then that pushes the 220 up to around 240ish.

Also bear in mind that although the SR LFP batteries charge slower, they are smaller, so not as much to charge. Swings and roundabouts really. I watched some bjorn videos on YT, and they balanced out, to take around the same time to charge from 20-80% for example.

What no one has seen yet, is how the LFP batteries (With heat pump) perform in a UK winter. Could be worse, could be better than the older SR+ with Nickel packs. We shall see.....
The SR+ LFP bench mark from Bjorn is that it goes:-

(20c= warm weather)
275 miles in warm weather (lower speeds)
194 miles in warm weather (30% reduction - motorway speeds)

Cold weather is an unknown but almost certainly 20-30% below these benchmarks. Could even be worse, Tesla's LFP is unknown but traditionally LFP configuration in cold weather is renowned for poor efficiency in cold weather. Thankfully, cold snaps in the UK isnt common (well, in the south anyway).

Some reddit users who have LFP in cold weather are reporting 200km / 124miles max range in below freezing temps. Note that this is the lower battery pack LFP, so dont expect it to be as low as this but maybe 140-150 or around that mark.

So whilst you may think you have LR performance for £6,500 cheaper, i can assure you that it really only competes with the LR at warm weather city driving. I think any other times you'll be coming well short of the LR which has 20% bigger battery.

Updated *

Bjorn also did a test in the LR on the motorway (similar ish conditions (15c - slightly colder) which achieved 319 miles on the motorway. (64% longer range than the SR+'s LFP 194 motorway range) - thats a whopping 125 miles difference - That's the equivalent of driving central London to Cornwall. I expect in warmer temps, or close to 20c SR temp test then could well push it that little bit further.

This all said, I think the SR+ LFP will hold its re-sale value far better than any other battery configuration or any other car in general. I think the overall miles possible with the SR+ before it blows up will go on for a very very very long time and surpass any vehicle on this planet to be honest and so if you're a cash buyer, its a fu*king wise choice.

Last edited:
Hi all, happy to see that I am not the only “kid” waiting for his early christmas gift. I have a vin number with collection from Leicester National Space Centre. Looking forward to see people in similar situation get their collection date…thanks

Speaking of cold weather performance on the 55/60kwh LFP batteries, Bjorn also did a video on the P models too where the cars have been reducing the power output.
Yes, he did although this was linked with the new Panasonic Battery in Europe / US specifically (I believe) which was taking too much heat from the battery and using it in the cabin which completely choked the performance sub 50% SOC. Fairly confident the LR in the UK doesnt have Panasonic (yet).... although its an unknown, truth be told.

I think Tesla will fix that.... who knows.

Trying to get an update re my order 05/10 and Oliver from CS saying 1st half of December now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    824.3 KB · Views: 46
So whilst you may think you have LR performance for £6,500 cheaper, i can assure you that it really only competes with the LR at warm weather city driving. I think any other times you'll be coming well short of the LR which has 20% bigger battery.

I never thought that. Just speculating what miles you could potentially get with the 60kwh, vs the 55kwh in the SR+

Reactions: Oxstock
I do think the SR+ LFP will never die as a car. I just see it running on for literally hundreds of thousands of miles and quite possibly meet Musk's 1m miles - I think that could be realistic.

I also think LFP will be the future for all cars, and the majority of owners will have LFP. Performance cars will continue to be different battery configs until new technology comes out.

Reactions: Eco Boy and Simonix
We need Tesla to bring out a refreshed LR to enhance its proposition against the Q4 2021/2022 base M3.

The differentiator remains acceleration performance, but thats irrelevant for the vast majority of buyers, range is the biggest factor when folks decide which to buy. (audio, fog lamps and ambient lights notwithstanding, very few people likely to be swayed to drop an extra 6.5k for a couple extra lamps and speakers).
I tend to agree, and am sure it will happen at some point. Short term, other than running out their current inventory or commitments, can't see why the UK/Ireland are getting the 360mi WLTP battery vs the European 381mi WLTP on their LR already. I suspect we'll possibly get a price increase to go with that though.

I'm happy to pay the premium for performance and 4WD alone tbh, and it's a larger performance difference now. I was worried the ride might be worse in a heavier car but a number of reviews indicate the LR/4WD has a slightly less 'jiggly' ride than the RWD model which is important to me personally, but not something I imagine makes any day to day difference in the real world. It's probably a 5k jump on a Golf to go from GTI to R for similar perf/4WD gain, so not 'too' bad, possibly more with a 3-series (one look at the configurator and I gave up trying to make the comparison).
As much as I'd have liked an M3P, the perf/brakes/suspension gain vs ride quality and range reduction for almost 12k more does seem a jump too far, but I can understand their marketing if comparing to ICE equivalents.
One other +ve take away though is that any kind of performance improvement in the ICE world is pretty much always guaranteed to reduce your 'range' (mpg) :)!

Well, something different from him this week, i didnt get a copy and paste job.

You will likely hear at some point this week I believe looking at your account. No confrimed time frame of when but likely very so
That's a tiny tentacle of hope being dangled at you, right there! I suspect your Tesla and mine are on the Nabucco - do you think the same or are you no playing the boat-guessing game? 😆