Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Their quote tool online legitimately provides valid quotes and you can go on a purchase the insurance product from there. I seriously hope this is a red herring, quite a few owners will have pressed the button on their insurance. Dreadful customer experience if true.
Yes I've asked for a quote online and it came through as normal. Also I've read the policy and it isn't mentioned anywhere that the insurance cover is exclusively for Peugeot vehicles.

OMG !!!! Had you purchased it already ? We purchased our insurance with them. Last week !
No, not got my car yet. They had quoted me £333 and that quote is still live in my account so I could buy it right now.

Some folk are already insured with them though and some are now saying that they've been told their insurance is valid, whilst others are getting told the opposite. So it looks like Peugeot customer service is ran by Tesla customer service.

Surely if they are aware of the problem they can't sell you an invalid insurance policy?

This is scaremongering. Their website allows you to quote on any manufacturer.
Nope. It’s fact. Their sales team told me many times they do not insure non Teslas.

If you take that risk that’s on you. Good luck having to litigate them in the event they don’t honour what they sold you.

No, not got my car yet. They had quoted me £333 and that quote is still live in my account so I could buy it right now.

Some folk are already insured with them though and some are now saying that they've been told their insurance is valid, whilst others are getting told the opposite. So it looks like Peugeot customer service is ran by Tesla customer service.

Surely if they are aware of the problem they can't sell you an invalid insurance policy?
It’s your responsibility to ensure the policy meets your needs.

It would be grossly illegal for them to say you're insured and then not. Peugeot would not do this, it absolutely reck their brand. So its Chinese whispers.

You take me to the person who has had insurance and now sayings its not valid. Are they on this forum?

Reactions: stiopa and LUXY
Hoping someone can give me some advice.....I ordered a Model 3 SR+ on 3rd October and have completed all the steps and have a delivery date of 29th November @ Trafford Centre. However, I haven't yet got a VIN - is this normal?
You ordered a couple of days later and already got a delivery booked. damn lucky!!! The tesla CS told me delivery on the 7th/8th but unconfirmed though

Nope. It’s fact. Their sales team told me many times they do not insure non Teslas.

If you take that risk that’s on you. Good luck having to litigate them in the event they don’t honour what they sold you.
Jacob, think you're on crack again! Thats twice in one day.

They do not insure NON-TESLAS? By that do you mean they do insure Teslas? I recon Luke is Jacob you know! Penny has dropped.

It would be grossly illegal for them to say you're insured and then not. Peugeot would not do this, it absolutely reck their brand. So its Chinese whispers.

You take me to the person who has had insurance and now sayings its not valid. Are they on this forum?
It’s never happened. I’ve not seen one example of somebody making a claim.

Pandora’s box.

Unless we see a valid honoured claim, as long as the CS team say Teslas can’t be insured, they can’t be insured.

It’s only grossly illegal if you have the resources to litigate it. You can tell them it’s illegal until you’re blue in the face, doesn’t mean they’ll honour it, unless you had the resources to force them.

At a time you need insurance the most, I doubt anybody would have the ability to contest it whilst also being litigated by a third party. If you can, you don’t need insurance (the 250k or whatever segregated clause for not having motor insurance)

Screenshot_20211108-202428_Telegram.png

Jacob, think you're on crack again! Thats twice in one day.

They do not insure NON-TESLAS? By that do you mean they do insure Teslas? I recon Luke is Jacob you know! Penny has dropped.
Blargh. You know what I mean. Typing and rocking a 14 week old to sleep is hard work.

We had to ring them as we couldn’t proceed to payment as the reg wasn’t recognised due to it not yet being DVLA registered. The chap on the phone knew it was a brand new Tesla etc confirmed our details, confirmed the car details and took payment.

Still awaiting the documents.

Reactions: Karlcole
We had to ring them as we couldn’t proceed to payment as the reg wasn’t recognised due to it not yet being DVLA registered. The chap on the phone knew it was a brand new Tesla etc confirmed our details, confirmed the car details and took payment.

Yeah, it seems it depends on who you talk too.

Each person has their own risk appetite. But it’s important to know the facts.

In the event of non payment, your only way out is litigation. Given they can’t get their pre sales story straight, they don’t appear to me as a competent insurer. Even if it is underwritten by UKI, Peugeot still have to refer claims, which they can choose not to do before UKI even see it.

phone CS, get them to confirm tomorrow. I CANT HAVE GRAGOR prove me wrong twice in 1 week.

Reactions: GraGor

Yeah I can't see there being an issue tbh. They can't knowingly sell you an insurance policy that is invalid. If I can still get a quote when my car comes I'll be using them.

Yeah I can't see there being an issue tbh. They can't knowingly sell you an insurance policy that is invalid. If I can still get a quote when my car comes I'll be using them.
They absolutely can’t. 100% correct.

But what are you gonna be able to do about it if they have, in the middle of the claim, with 45k worth of scrap metal, and a potentially very large money claim from another party?

That’s the key point I’m trying to get across, I guess!

So many people have been told “get outta here you Tesla scum” - it goes back to the competently of the insurer.

For me an insurer needs to meet two criteria, cost and competency at claim handling.

There’s no data on Tesla claim handing on a Peugeot insurance policy - so we can only go of pre-sales competency. Which appears inconsistent at best.

They absolutely can’t. 100% correct.

But what are you gonna be able to do about it if they have, in the middle of the claim, with 45k worth of scrap metal, and a potentially very large money claim from another party?

That’s the key point I’m trying to get across, I guess!
Rain down the fecking law suit on their arse. Question is, what are Peugeot going to do, not what I would do.