Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other thing to consider, is that in normal use, 5.8 seconds in an EV is probably the same as 4.5 seconds in a normal car (random numbers, but my rationale is as follows):

A normal car with clutch and gearbox, from a standing start, needs a really good driver to get the full 4.5 seconds realised. In the Tesla, it is just point and shoot. Even with an automatic TSG type car, the lag from pressing on the pedal to the acceleration starting is usually about 1 second, for the car to shift down and the start accelerating.

So, the whole 5.3 / 5.6 / 5.8 is in reality, much quicker than the same numbers for an ICE.

My friend phoned today as well and was told the following.

They're short staffed.

They're in the process of training up new people just now.

Wasn't sure if she would have the money in time for her picking up the car on 26th November.

Not great news at all
No that’s worse than I was led to believe. I’ll keep you updated with any progress. They did say they had all they needed from me for now at least. I’m hoping my car comes mid to late December to allow the bureaucrats time to get their act together.

Reactions: GraGor
The other thing to consider, is that in normal use, 5.8 seconds in an EV is probably the same as 4.5 seconds in a normal car (random numbers, but my rationale is as follows):

A normal car with clutch and gearbox, from a standing start, needs a really good driver to get the full 4.5 seconds realised. In the Tesla, it is just point and shoot. Even with an automatic TSG type car, the lag from pressing on the pedal to the acceleration starting is usually about 1 second, for the car to shift down and the start accelerating.

So, the whole 5.3 / 5.6 / 5.8 is in reality, much quicker than the same numbers for an ICE.

Certainly in a normal every day driving scenario.

Only chavs do 0-60 sprints every time they leave the house.

Absolutely.

For me, it's not a question of acceleration speed, it's a question of distinguishing what motor we have.

The new efficient hairpin, or the old performance motor.

Not because it means anything, or because I care about acceleration, but because I'd just like to know :)

Reactions: robbo100
No that’s worse than I was led to believe. I’ll keep you updated with any progress. They did say they had all they needed from me for now at least. I’m hoping my car comes mid to late December to allow the bureaucrats time to get their act together.
Yeah that's what I'm hoping as well. I know Tesla won't hold off indefinitely until you get the EST loan, they might give you a few extra days. Hopefully I can choose my delivery date and I'll just pick the one that's furthest away.

Long time lurker, just to add to the dates

25/10/21 Ordered - lease company car
29/10/21 RN Text from Tesla
08/11/21 Email from ALD with Finance Agreement and REG
30/11/21 Stated as cars ‘Date First Registered’

Hopefully get delivery text soon

M3LR Red/Black

My experience trying WBAC, Motorway and Cazoo.
Car BMW i3s
WBAC was cheapest quote - £25315
Motorway was a real faff (they ask you to take a ton of pictures where they guide you around and inside the car), and the auction that took place didn't meet their original quote. Original quote - £27879, auction price achieved £27012.
Cazoo. Original quote - £27650.

I went with Cazoo after Motorway didn't live up to their quote, Cazoo paid their quoted price no questions asked. They were utterly painless and I'd very highly recommend (YMMV of course, and assuming, your car matches the description and their allowances). Guy took a 5 minute look round the car, no teeth sucking, microscope or haggling at all (like I hear about WBAC). Money was in my account, on a Sunday within 30 seconds of him pressing the 'Done' button on his tablet, and even before I received a confirmation email.

Am now somewhat patiently carless, also waiting for the class of 10/21 Tesla text.
Chucked my 2019 discovery on WABC, Tesla trade in and Motorway received 20.5k, 21.1k and settled on 24k with Motorway, really easy a few select photos and a 10 min call sold within the day collected in a week ( which I encouraged as the Tesla wasn't in sight) money transferred whilst collection driver was here, no fees, no tyre kicking. Just the waiting is killing me now sold 19/10 M3 SR+ early Dec...awaiting text

Reactions: Washout
Anyone with M3SR+ (19" alloys and Midnight silver) order made on the 30/09 directly with Tesla that got VIN source code? Tesla CS said expected date for the 7/8 Dec in my case.
Also wonder how much my trade-in value is going to lose as my quote is valid up to the 5th December just 2/3 before est delivery.

I haven't even got a VIN assigned yet. On the phone they said I might have one assigned in the next 2 weeks, but they couldn't say for sure.

Only every 5 minutes. Do I need to do it more often? 😜
Both this quarter’s VIN allocations occurred on Tuesdays. So I believe tomorrow we may get our VINs in source code. Because two consecutive Tuesdays is not a coincidence! 😊

So, some bad news regarding the Peugeot insurance. Someone phoned today and was told they don't insure any new car that isn't a Peugeot but they do insure second hand. They are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it but any insurance purchased on a new non Peugeot car will be invalid.m
So, some bad news regarding the Peugeot insurance. Someone phoned today and was told they don't insure any new car that isn't a Peugeot but they do insure second hand. They are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it but any insurance purchased on a new non Peugeot car will be invalid.
OMG !!!! Had you purchased it already ? We purchased our insurance with them. Last week !

Chucked my 2019 discovery on WABC, Tesla trade in and Motorway received 20.5k, 21.1k and settled on 24k with Motorway, really easy a few select photos and a 10 min call sold within the day collected in a week ( which I encouraged as the Tesla wasn't in sight) money transferred whilst collection driver was here, no fees, no tyre kicking. Just the waiting is killing me now sold 19/10 M3 SR+ early Dec...awaiting text
But a 2019 Discovery is worth over £40,000 second hand?? unless you did 500,000 miles on it? This is the thing with these websites, you're getting one up the rear end.

Not sure why people are thinking its a good deal.

OMG !!!! Had you purchased it already ? We purchased our insurance with them. Last week !
I’ve been saying it for months this Peugeot insurance is too good to be true.

Even if you are legally covered, in the event of Peugeot refusing a payout, do you really want to risk having to litigate them to honour the contract of insurance whilst you’re being litigated by a third party for money to repair their car and a number of other potential issues that arise from an insurer not paying out. (All whilst having a crumpled piece of metal on your driveway. When your insurance doesn’t pay out, your own damaged car is the least of your worries)

It’s never worth skimping out or taking a risk with an insurer - especially on a 45k car.

I rang them three times a couple months ago to check if they’d insure me on a Tesla. Each person laughed comically and said no, the only new vehicle they’ll insure is a Peugeot. Simple as that. Any other policy is simply invalid, regardless of being issued a certificate of insurance. (The bottom line is the certificate of insurance is worth nothing unless you’ve the time/resources/money to litigate in the event of it not being honoured).

Whoever has rang and asked if they would sell and if policies are valid must have had totally different luck. Which means one of us was told dud information - multiple times. Not a good position for an insurer.

In any case, the inconsistency between sales staff is a reason to “write off” this insurer.

If they can’t get their story straight pre sales, imagine trying to get them to honour a claim.

Insurance is a service that gets you out of sticky situations, it deserves extra levels of due diligence. Never skimp on it.

Companies will do everything they can do avoid having to part with cash. Your only recourse is litigation or regulation action. However, this is slow at the best of times, and I’d bet the time you need valid insurance is the one time you can’t afford to litigate, even if you had the money to.

Last edited by a moderator: