Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my delivery text at 20:30 and only just seen it!! All booked in for the 9th December at 9am, Leicester Space Centre.

So happy!! Also feeling a little guilty for hammering customer services so much over the last few days...

Does anyone know how soon we get the text with the number plate details?

Also, daft question. Sending the money over to Tesla - I presume we keep the 'RN' in the RN reference number.

Cheers

To be fair they haven't told me about the VIN, I found it myself. The only text I've received off Tesla since ordering the car initially was to confirm if I want to accept delivery in December or wait until Feb/March 2022 for the new plates. Youd absolutely assume the car is shipped and on the way over, CS couldnt give me the ship but its to be expected really. They clearly get shipped into the UK and they probably only see it from there, working out the logistics to get it into Ireland
I've been told by CS that the come from Belguim (I've family there I could arrange collection off the boat :) )

"In term of logistics - the cars normally get shipped from Zeebrugge straight to IE."

I've been asked three times now if I want delivery in December maybe I'm spelling yes incorrectly, I was lucky I didn't sell my car, holding on to it until after I get delivery. Nearly sold it over a month ago but said I'd hold on just in case (only wise decision so far on my EV hunt)!!

Reactions: Bandito
Received my delivery text at 20:30 and only just seen it!! All booked in for the 9th December at 9am, Leicester Space Centre.

So happy!! Also feeling a little guilty for hammering customer services so much over the last few days...

Also, daft question. Sending the money over to Tesla - I presume we keep the 'RN' in the RN reference number.

Cheers
Same time see you then!

Reactions: Cstandinguk
Has anybody insured their Tesla through Peugeot? They have offered me a policy for £250 a year.

I have seen some messages on here that indicate it isn’t valid for Teslas. I am a bit worried about this.

I can’t afford to pay high insurance costs as the price of the car alone has exceeded my budget. (Used M3, 2019, 32k miles, bought for 39k) ideally would like to keep the cost of insurance down as much as possible.

Has anybody ever claimed through Peugeot or have any views they could share?

Any advice much appreciated - it’s very interesting watching this thread to see all the new orders people are excited about!

I've been told by CS that the come from Belguim (I've family there I could arrange collection off the boat :) )

"In term of logistics - the cars normally get shipped from Zeebrugge straight to IE."

I've been asked three times now if I want delivery in December maybe I'm spelling yes incorrectly, I was lucky I didn't sell my car, holding on to it until after I get delivery. Nearly sold it over a month ago but said I'd hold on just in case (only wise decision so far on my EV hunt)!!
Thats interesting, I must have a look and see when the ships are planned to land at zeebrugge, might be able to get more info out of CS after that point

I didnt reply to that delivery text until last week, I was humming for weeks on if id push collection into 22 or not! Once I get a delivery date I'll look to sell my car, got an offer of 1K more off a dealer vs tesla so will go back to them and sell then.

Reactions: BevyBoy

Cheers
Called them today for the registration number with 3 weeks to go before collection. Was told they only got it this morning. So maybe worth a call about 3 weeks prior to pick up

Reactions: Cstandinguk
Has anybody insured their Tesla through Peugeot? They have offered me a policy for £250 a year.

I have seen some messages on here that indicate it isn’t valid for Teslas. I am a bit worried about this.

I can’t afford to pay high insurance costs as the price of the car alone has exceeded my budget. (Used M3, 2019, 32k miles, bought for 39k) ideally would like to keep the cost of insurance down as much as possible.

Has anybody ever claimed through Peugeot or have any views they could share?

Any advice much appreciated - it’s very interesting watching this thread to see all the new orders people are excited about!
There's plenty of people who have had it confirmed that it is valid. If you want peace of mind give them a call. They are underwritten by UK insurance who underwrite for direct line, Churchill, Audi, Volkswagen and a ton of other insurance companies.

I haven't had a text, but I have tried the following site and it worked:

Tesla.com/en_ie/schedule/rn######

But it is only giving me 3 dates as options, and all of them are literally next week (Bluewater - Mon, Tue or Wed).

Is this a glitch in the matrix? I only got my VIN yesterday, so this seems super strange!

Shall I just select one and then call Tesla tomorrow to check?

I haven't had a text, but I have tried the following site and it worked:

But it is only giving me 3 dates as options, and all of them are literally next week (Bluewater - Mon, Tue or Wed).

Is this a glitch in the matrix? I only got my VIN yesterday, so this seems super strange!

Shall I just select one and then call Tesla tomorrow to check?
I had bluewater, earliest was the 10th December so just picked it. Other dates available but was a week later

It's not working for me 😭 But my order date on 31st Oct wasjust before they changed the estimated delivery datesfrom Dec to Feb for the long range - Still holding out hope we get a December delivery
Dammit I hadn’t realized the dates had changed. Placed my order with lease co on the 4th Oct but due to my work causing a delay the lease co didn’t order the car until the 2nd Nov. looks like it’s Feb or Mar for me :((

Do it! Are you local?

I have done it! - All booked in for this Monday 😳.

After doing it, the VIN showed on my tesla account (it wasn't showing before).

I am still showing:

"Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

but also showing a confirmed collection day. I will call them tomorrow to make sure it is all going to have enough time to go through, and get my reg etc.

It all seems very strange that you can do this and suddenly trigger the system!

Reactions: Bandito
I have done it! - All booked in for this Monday 😳.

After doing it, the VIN showed on my tesla account (it wasn't showing before).

I am still showing:

"Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

but also showing a confirmed collection day. I will call them tomorrow to make sure it is all going to have enough time to go through, and get my reg etc.

It all seems very strange that you can do this and suddenly trigger the system!
Monday when?

Mine took a few mins to update. Check your emails

Are you local.