Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the subject of chargers, I had a Hypervolt install scheduled back in September or so. Did the SEAI pre-approval thing beforehand, all good. But then when it transpired that the car wasn't going to show up in September, I cancelled the charger install.

I guess I'd prefer to have the car there in the driveway when the charger gets installed so I can do a full test before the installer heads off, rather than getting the car afterwards and finding some issue with the charger and having to beg the guy to come back.

Just me..?
They do test it before running off tho? 😂 I'm going with electric Ireland for my install and going for the EO mini pro 2 tethered unit. Got quotes for the Tesla gen 3 install and it was working out at 200ish more, this EO mini install should end up costing me 599 after the grant. I'm probably still getting robbed blind but it is what it is at this stage, I don't want to be faffing about trying to get a charge point installed over the Christmas period

Has anyone who used the URL to schedule their collection date received a text since? I'm assuming their system won't send one if a date is already set on their system. I haven't heard anything from Tesla since ordering, I've had to find my own VIN and sneak through my own collection date. 😂

Thank goodness for this forum or I'd have no clue what was going on!

• Funny
Reactions: Awesome_O
On the subject of chargers, I had a Hypervolt install scheduled back in September or so. Did the SEAI pre-approval thing beforehand, all good. But then when it transpired that the car wasn't going to show up in September, I cancelled the charger install.

I guess I'd prefer to have the car there in the driveway when the charger gets installed so I can do a full test before the installer heads off, rather than getting the car afterwards and finding some issue with the charger and having to beg the guy to come back.

Just me..?
I’ve just had my hypervolt charger installed with two and a half weeks to go before my M3 is delivered!

The installer (ev-olution.uk) has been amazing though and has said to give him a call if there are any issues whatsoever.

Just me..?
I went ahead with the charger anyway twas hard enough to find someone who had some time to do it in the first place and was getting other work done too. Also it's under guarantee so he'd have to come back....plus I know where he lives

• Funny
Reactions: Bandito
I have a quick question about connectivity. I only realised earlier that the premium connectivity changed from 1 year to 30 days when ordered on or after the 15th October 2021. I'm pretty sure as I received my RN on the 12th I'll still get the full year. Didn't know if there was some Tesla loophole which means that receiving your RN isn't actually confirmation of delivery.

They do test it before running off tho? 😂 I'm going with electric Ireland for my install and going for the EO mini pro 2 tethered unit. Got quotes for the Tesla gen 3 install and it was working out at 200ish more, this EO mini install should end up costing me 599 after the grant. I'm probably still getting robbed blind but it is what it is at this stage, I don't want to be faffing about trying to get a charge point installed over the Christmas period
Oh yes I'm sure they run tests an all but I guess I'd just like to have the 100% comfort factor of testing with the actual car I'm going to use it with ...

I read that there was an issue recently with Hypervolt chargers not fitting correctly into Model 3 charge ports. An issue which has since been fixed I believe / hope. HyperVolt Charge Points [megathread]

I forgot to mention that the installer in question said he is Dublin based whereas I'm 3 hours away. So trying to get him to come back after the fact and do a 6 hour round-trip to fix something might be challenging.

Maybe I'm too sceptical about these things :) But I figure I can get by with the granny charger for a bit and schedule the charger install for as soon as possible after the car arrives.

Sorry to drag things off topic, I'm sure there are tons of charger threads on here.

Oh yes I'm sure they run tests an all but I guess I'd just like to have the 100% comfort factor of testing with the actual car I'm going to use it with ...

I read that there was an issue recently with Hypervolt chargers not fitting correctly into Model 3 charge ports. An issue which has since been fixed I believe / hope. HyperVolt Charge Points [megathread]

I forgot to mention that the installer in question said he is Dublin based whereas I'm 3 hours away. So trying to get him to come back after the fact and do a 6 hour round-trip to fix something might be challenging.

Maybe I'm too sceptical about these things :) But I figure I can get by with the granny charger for a bit and schedule the charger install for as soon as possible after the car arrives.

Sorry to drag things off topic, I'm sure there are tons of charger threads on here.
Do they not have Installers country wide?

On the Granny charger I noticed they have 16 amp Tesla adaptor sockets if you have one of those outside socket (charge at 3.6kw). Bit faster than the 13/10 amp normal (think 2.3 kw).

Home charger will be 7 kw unless you have juiced up electricity supply.

Just checked my account and it’s now on the ‘give us some money’ stage - which means I don’t need to prompt them to shift me over to that stage (after making up the URL to book a collection last night before the elusive text).

Given everyone’s experience so far, I’ll wait until the 26th before I ask for the car reg number if it isn’t sent by then - would that appear on my account or just via a text?
You will receive a text from the team

Mines being installed next Monday, car collection isn’t until 9/12 so will be an tense moment when I get back and plug it in for the first time 😂
Just make sure that the charger connector is the newer version as apparently there was a subtle change in the model 3’s that were preventing the HyperVolt charger from connecting properly (I’m not sure if they were the only charger affected by the change). I had to call my installers so that they could order the updated connector ahead of my install (still have a couple of weeks before I get my car to try it out though).

Reactions: Cocomaxxi
Just checked my account and it’s now on the ‘give us some money’ stage - which means I don’t need to prompt them to shift me over to that stage (after making up the URL to book a collection last night before the elusive text).

Given everyone’s experience so far, I’ll wait until the 26th before I ask for the car reg number if it isn’t sent by then - would that appear on my account or just via a text?
I think it’s usually sent via text

Reactions: monkeyphil
Hahaha! I'm actually doing a mix of trade in, cash and finance
I’m doing the mix as well, while also planning to see what I can get for the trade in elsewhere once there is an actual delivery date.
They haven’t asked me for the MPRN yet and they need that and the vin to get the SEAI grant.
I know from my last EV the turn around on those grants is not the fastest, probably two to three weeks. So they need the vin a good bit before delivery as they can’t register the car before they get the approval letter.

Dunno if this helps, but I have just had a text from Tesla 30 mins ago (first communication since order!) Saying that I have info missing from my account (I had forgotten to tick no trade in). I hope this means a vin is heading my way soon!

My order was M3LR grey, black, aero. Ordered 12/10/21.

Hope forgetting to complete the info hasn't put me to the back of the queue!
Apparently it has. Oliver from CS said fully completed profiles get allocation priority. I jadmy trade in offer in an a pending state. He advised accepting it as you can still refuse the trade-in later.

Still no VIN for me, ordered 06/10.

Has anyone who used the URL to schedule their collection date received a text since? I'm assuming their system won't send one if a date is already set on their system. I haven't heard anything from Tesla since ordering, I've had to find my own VIN and sneak through my own collection date. 😂

Thank goodness for this forum or I'd have no clue what was going on!

I only got a text after calling CS to say "I have 5 days until pickup, but no reg and you haven't asked for money". He sent my reg by text whilst I was on the phone.

I haven't had any automated texts other than:

1) My RN when I made the purchase
2) The day after VIN showed in Source, saying "we are scheduling your collection, stand by" (or words to that effect).

How do you know? Did they tell you or does it show on the app?
It’s in the car, I forget where but says premium connectivity expires 11/nov/22. The inventory cars that popped up a week or so ago all said they were 30 days, and the agent on phone confirmed they would NOT honour the 1 year I had on my original order from sept. I decided it was worth losing to get car now rather than mid/late dec. guess the agent was wrong.

Reactions: Karlcole
So, does anyone know exactly where the Bluewater collection point is. The Bluewater shop is in the middle of the shopping centre, so that can't be the right place, surely. But the service centre is miles away from Bluewater, so that can't be the place either.

Anyone been there have a descent postcode for it?

Thanks