Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has come up before, but trying to pay Tesla the deposit and my bank is like who the f*** are you paying as these details dont match. Assume this has come up for most when trying to pay the deposit/ or pay for the car?

Any solutions here or do you have to pay and just hope its not landed in some account in Belarus?
Send a test payment of £1 and see if it appears in a couple hours.
I sent a test of £8000 haha. But it was okay.

Sorry if this has come up before, but trying to pay Tesla the deposit and my bank is like who the f*** are you paying as these details dont match. Assume this has come up for most when trying to pay the deposit/ or pay for the car?

Any solutions here or do you have to pay and just hope its not landed in some account in Belarus?
Husband called up HSBC and did the wire transfer via phone. They said that the Citibank account name and details were not recognised by their system. We gave them the account details including indicating the correct reference number.

Quite annoying that when we got the reference back, it did not show the RN and showed minor spelling mistakes in the beneficiary (?!?!), but the money did get received by Tesla as it reflected in our Tesla account within a few hours. Bit annoying/scary though!

Husband called up HSBC and did the wire transfer via phone. They said that the Citibank account name and details were not recognised by their system. We gave them the account details including indicating the correct reference number.

Quite annoying that when we got the reference back, it did not show the RN and showed minor spelling mistakes in the beneficiary (?!?!), but the money did get received by Tesla as it reflected in our Tesla account within a few hours. Bit annoying/scary though!
Ouch, glad it went through.

So my £1 hit my account as mentioned. So transferred it all just now. I've taken screen grabs of the payment as I think I need to send them both to delivery team on email. Assume thats what they mean when they say email the delivery team with proof of payment. Even though the proof is in my account details... weird.

Reactions: LeSloth
I called yesterday with my RN number, only ordered 28/10, she said I’m still on track for a December delivery, they’re expecting a few more deliveries over the next few weeks

I did the same, and got the same response. I ordered 25th Oct, CS called me on 30th to clarify payment menthod, which is lease through ALD. Had my £100 refunded on 3rd Nov and now waiting on a Dec delivery. I'm having a Tesla wall charger installed next week... hoping this is a good decision?

So my £1 hit my account as mentioned. So transferred it all just now. I've taken screen grabs of the payment as I think I need to send them both to delivery team on email. Assume thats what they mean when they say email the delivery team with proof of payment. Even though the proof is in my account details... weird.
Yes, glad it went through as it's an awful lot of money to contest if things went wrong!

Check your Tesla account within a few hours too, it should show "Payment Received" and show your balance.

I noticed that we didn't get any more updated invoices (Final Invoice) too (understandably) since we paid the whole amount.

I did the same, and got the same response. I ordered 25th Oct, CS called me on 30th to clarify payment menthod, which is lease through ALD. Had my £100 refunded on 3rd Nov and now waiting on a Dec delivery. I'm having a Tesla wall charger installed next week... hoping this is a good decision?
I considered it, but reality is that I do 40 miles a day hour in the morning and hour in the evening (dropping son to nursery or grand parents), other than that its in the garage until the weekend....

And so on that basis a 3 pin works fine for me, should put 30 or 100 miles on the charge every day/night when its not in use on at least whilst its in the garage in the day and over night. I dont intend to charge it every day, just when things look dicey.

I've taken screen grabs of the payment as I think I need to send them both to delivery team on email. Assume thats what they mean when they say email the delivery team with proof of payment.

I've never done this. Both times I've assumed it's ok after its marked as paid, CS called to check delivery was going to be ok and confirmed I don't need to bring proof of payment and just my driving licence.

I presume proof is for people that pay at the last min.

Reactions: Shakb and LeSloth

It has been mentioned previously that proving the fully-paid bit is only for those that pay within the final 7-days before collection. Otherwise your final invoice should be updated in your a/c shortly to reflect a zero balance. You can always open your app and show them that on collection. I haven't sent anything to Tesla as they updated my final invoice 👍

Reactions: LeSloth
It has been mentioned previously that proving the fully-paid bit is only for those that pay within the final 7-days before collection. Otherwise your final invoice should be updated in your a/c shortly to reflect a zero balance. You can always open your app and show them that on collection. I haven't sent anything to Tesla as they updated my final invoice 👍
Oh, got you, thanks for that. Makes alot more sense.

Reactions: Field Marshall

I had the same problem with HSBC. their system doesn't recognise the Tesla motors Ltd bank details. I had to call their fraud line (2.5 hours on hold) to tell them that the payment was genuine and not to withhold it.

I haven’t sent any screenshots as the email to send it to disappeared from my dashboard. I’m told as long as payment clears before pick-up it’s fine.

Reactions: Oxstock and LeSloth
Also do I need to screen shot this £1 and send it on email to the delivery team for it to count? Or do I just keep the screen shots back and once the £1 is in then send it all onto the delivery team?
Yeah I realised how dumb it was to send that much after the fact. Second lump of money was also in the account in an hour.

As long as you used your RN number for the reference, including characters RN, it should be automatic.

Later I had to clear some finance and the bank decided to use their own reference… that one I had to screenshot and forward to Tesla delivery. In about 1.5 days they picked it up and sent a confirmation email back.

Reactions: Oxstock
C95409EC-2795-4412-AC18-E014F28CBF91.jpeg

One to watch out for. Looks like multiple M3s recently have been delivered without full paint coverage on this section of the car.