Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wanted the 82kWh battery, my choice are to cancel and wait or just take this one. Also my car is classed as a 2021 Model 3 Long Range, if it had been built 2 weeks later 01/11/2021 it would have been classed as a 2022 Model 3 Long Range, I don't know if there will be any differences at all in specs. I am likely to just take this one, don't understand why we are not getting the 82kWh battery thought whilst EU and Australia are.
No reports of any larger battery on the Q4 LRs for the UK. You would assume we will get the larger battery (around 80 kWh it seems) at some point but will that be during Q1 or Q2 who knows.

Tesla don’t do model years so there no change just because it is 2022. They make changes all the time - for example if you have an early 2021 Q3 vehicle you have a single reversing light, later Q3 onwards it changed to dual.

Reactions: MESSIAH
Congrats to the owners of this lovely lot that were arriving in Glasgow this morning. Unfortunately mine not on there just yet. A few more weeks to go!

Attachments

• PXL_20211124_100440019.jpg
    PXL_20211124_100440019.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20211124_100435363.jpg
    PXL_20211124_100435363.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20211124_100420264.jpg
    PXL_20211124_100420264.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: IbroSaunks
Churchill were also competitive for me if you're shopping around, believe they use the same quote system and insurance underwriter as Peugeot.
Cheers all… I thought I had it all nailed on…

I got a quote with my current provider (Churchill) who assured me I could transfer over when the time comes. The quote came in at £425 and my current policy is £409 which I’ve just renewed. Also had one from Peugeot for 385 but figured I’d just keep it through Churchill for ease.

Came to sort it today and it turns out that quote was for a new policy, if I wanted to transfer from an existing policy they wanted almost £600 on top of the £409 I’ve already paid!

Yet I could cancel my existing policy and buy the policy that was quoted as a new policy! So now I’m cancelling my current one and probably going with Peugeot so they’ll lose the business altogether for what seems a ludicrous process which the computer said no.

I’m sure they’ll lose sleep over the loss of business but thought it was worth sharing. The other thing I noticed was that when getting a quote through Churchill, the only car it could find when manually entering all of the information comes up as 2019 M3, so just watch out if you’re getting quotes without a live registration plate.

It is all based on time saving - picking up from Southampton specifically as no transporter needed!

insurance is all a pyramid scheme by the way - thought of the day!
(arguing with current provider who won’t cover the 13 days from collections until policy renewal is due…)

Cheers all… I thought I had it all nailed on…

I got a quote with my current provider (Churchill) who assured me I could transfer over when the time comes. The quote came in at £425 and my current policy is £409 which I’ve just renewed. Also had one from Peugeot for 385 but figured I’d just keep it through Churchill for ease.

Came to sort it today and it turns out that quote was for a new policy, if I wanted to transfer from an existing policy they wanted almost £600 on top of the £409 I’ve already paid!

Yet I could cancel my existing policy and buy the policy that was quoted as a new policy! So now I’m cancelling my current one and probably going with Peugeot so they’ll lose the business altogether for what seems a ludicrous process which the computer said no.

I’m sure they’ll lose sleep over the loss of business but thought it was worth sharing. The other thing I noticed was that when getting a quote through Churchill, the only car it could find when manually entering all of the information comes up as 2019 M3, so just watch out if you’re getting quotes without a live registration plate.
I have gone with LV, the quote was about £450 which was not quite the cheapest but they are the only provider to give you 180 days cover for driving abroad unlike 90 days for all the others

Best thing to do is see what an amount of percentage takes in kWs, e.g. when your car hits 50% see how many kW it takes to get to 60%, assuming that it will lose about 5% of the charge input due to latency if you see around 5.8kW used it will be safe to say it is probably 60kWh (guessing the usable capacity is about 53-55) On the subject of usable range if you see anything above 5kW for 10% I would say you can definitely confirm it is the new battery as the old one only had around 48-49kWh usable capacity
Great shout will give that a whirl next charge. Just done a charge to full and it’s showing a range of 275 miles if that info is any help. I’m still waiting on the update for the heated rear seats and steering wheel.