Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The dection networks are known to be speed dependent and the visualisation seems to be similar.

When you're doing about 30 it shows nearly every car in both directions, but on faster, wider roads you see less. I wondered if it might be to stop destructing grey boxes whizzing past in your periphery(?)

Re performance in NoA, the detection range has definitely increased but it's nosier. I've had more phantom lane change suggestions, but it is now able to suggest a lane change before having to slow down for the car in front.
I’ was doing 60 mph. I’ll check again on a lower speed drive

One further thing to add from this morning’s drive is that there is new steering nag I’ve not encountered before.
i still got the usual on screen message followed by a blue screen as normal. But interspersed was a similar message with a beep.
it wasn’t always one then the other. The beeping one showed red hands on the wheel. I wonder if this is cabin camera at work.

One further thing to add from this morning’s drive is that there is new steering nag I’ve not encountered before.
i still got the usual on screen message followed by a blue screen as normal. But interspersed was a similar message with a beep.
it wasn’t always one then the other. The beeping one showed red hands on the wheel. I wonder if this is cabin camera at work.
That's interesting.. I though the cabin camera was only fully activated on cars with the IR blasters in the mirror assembly (the dots either side of the camera). Perhaps vision only turns that on too.

Have you checked your release notes (2022.20.x I think) to see if the "Seat Belt Pretensioning" feature is on your car now too? That was a vision-only thing as well.

That's interesting.. I though the cabin camera was only fully activated on cars with the IR blasters in the mirror assembly (the dots either side of the camera). Perhaps vision only turns that on too.

Have you checked your release notes (2022.20.x I think) to see if the "Seat Belt Pretensioning" feature is on your car now too? That was a vision-only thing as well.
Just checked the release notes back as far as 2022.12. No mention of cabin camera or set belt pretensioning.
release notes don’t go back further than that.

Just checked the release notes back as far as 2022.12. No mention of cabin camera or set belt pretensioning.
release notes don’t go back further than that.
You might find this a useful resource, you can search release notes and it suggests the cabin camera started back in 2020.24. It’s quite hard to find stuff on some of the release notes sites because there’s so much repetition

A96A2189-3A90-4F74-9376-5364AB5ADB6C.png

You might find this a useful resource, you can search release notes and it suggests the cabin camera started back in 2020.24. It’s quite hard to find stuff on some of the release notes sites because there’s so much repetition

Thanks George
cabin camera in those release notes shows red wheel/white hands
The new warning with a beep shows black wheel/red hands
and the normal one I think is black wheel white hands

most odd

Did another 200 mile AP drive today. Only had to disengage to change lanes cause I'm a poverty spec with no EAP.

All during daytime so no autoHB issues. Autowipers were perfect. Autosteer handled some of the big dips and curves really well (particularly on "non-approved" A or B roads).

Managed to get about 5mi/kWh (201Wh/mi) which was pretty good. Even enjoyed a quick YouTube video while police stopped traffic on the M25 :)