Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've yet to see any evidence that that setting has any effect whatsoever.

Unless something has changed recently the Advanced setting makes no discernable difference. I'm usually on Advanced and have certainly been at the back of the queue on occasion. I've also been on standard and received an early update. There's no harm being on the Advanced setting but don't expect to be with the first tranche. Of course the reality is that there will be dozens of posts from people who happened to get an update early ... so it seems like you have been left behind ... but you look at the Teslafi stats and then realise that most people are on the same version you are on.

Reactions: init6
I imagine the AP computer is still aware of oncoming traffic, it's just not feeding it to the infotainment screen. Maybe to save on bandwidth?

TBH the visualisation isn't particularly useful in either direction, as it's primarily showing me what I can already see in front of me. It would be great if the visualisation focused much more on areas that can't be seen.

Reactions: BillN
I was seeing the same
My suspicion is that all oncoming vehicles are ‘seen’ but only visualised if they are a potential hazard.
a car pull out from a side road way ahead and turned right into the oncoming lane. Car visualised in my path and once in the other lane it disappeared.
it hasn’t happened yet but I’ll watch what it does if a car overtakes oncoming traffic in my lane
That would make sense to me - as would telling owners in the release notes why they are suddenly going to start seeing far fewer vehicles in the visualisation.

TBH the visualisation isn't particularly useful in either direction, as it's primarily showing me what I can already see in front of me. It would be great if the visualisation focused much more on areas that can't be seen.
Yes, have often thought it’d be better to be zoomed out further and more top down to help show vehicles behind and to the left and right.

Reactions: melduk
I imagine the AP computer is still aware of oncoming traffic, it's just not feeding it to the infotainment screen. Maybe to save on bandwidth?

From my understanding that the visualization, was just that and wasn't meant to show everything that the system was seeing. Which is good since these lorries just appear out of thin air 🤣

Reactions: DaveNN
Reactions: M3noob and init6
Yes it’s now much more useful. Still not sure how much better it is than your mirrors though!!
I suppose that if mirrors were 100%, there wouldn't be a blind spot.
The current position is often blocked by my left hand, so I'll be moving mine up and across.
What with this, the warning beeps and the red flashes with the teslogic app, i would venture that looking over the shoulder will be consigned to history..but we will all still do it.

Retested again, no idea what I was doing before to get it to work but pushing left stalk forwards definitely just turns on autoHB rather than manually turning on high beam.. very frustrating!
Crazy.

So with 24.6 if you engage AP, AHB gets turned on, you can then push left stalk forward to turn off AHB, but even than can’t turn on a full beam.

What I’m still not clear on is if it’s ever actually possible now on a 24.6 car to manually turn on a persistent full beam?

Please can someone clarify under what circumstances (if any) you can actually manually turn on a persistent full beam on 24.6.