Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be a 2019/2020 issue. I don't believe anyone with a MIC 2021 or younger has had this issue.
Could be, there's obviously something different between the cars, if is 2020 and before then pre heat pump... #speculation

There's a guy on the UK facebook page saying the dynamic braking change is coming... not sure he's any more reliable. I might arrange to follow my friend at a distance and get him to do an emergency stop and see what happens

Dynamic braking change as in blended brakes?

The brakes lights already come on if you fully lift off the accelerator at a reasonable speed.

Blended brakes (where the car applies the brakes to smooth out situations where insufficient regen is available) seems to be a US only thing at the moment, I’ve not heard of anyone in the UK seeing it in their release notes.

Dynamic braking change as in blended brakes?

The brakes lights already come on if you fully lift off the accelerator at a reasonable speed.

Blended brakes (where the car applies the brakes to smooth out situations where insufficient regen is available) seems to be a US only thing at the moment, I’ve not heard of anyone in the UK seeing it in their release notes.
No, neither of those. The brake lights are now said to flash if you're braking really hard as an extra warning. My previous BMW did this and I think most cars do as part of passive safety type measures. I've never followed myself and braked hard to know if our Tesla does it currently, whether this is new, or even whether we're getting it. On a related note, I've never noticed if the hazards come on automatically after a hard stop which my BMW used to do, although more often than I'd like.

No, neither of those. The brake lights are now said to flash if you're braking really hard as an extra warning. My previous BMW did this and I think most cars do as part of passive safety type measures. I've never followed myself and braked hard to know if our Tesla does it currently, whether this is new, or even whether we're getting it. On a related note, I've never noticed if the hazards come on automatically after a hard stop which my BMW used to do, although more often than I'd like.
Don’t know about the brake lights, but the hazards do come on if you mash the brakes during an emergency stop. I may have had this happen…

The brake lights are now said to flash if you're braking really hard as an extra warning. My previous BMW did this and I think most cars do as part of passive safety type measures. I've never followed myself and braked hard to know if our Tesla does it currently, whether this is new, or even whether we're getting it. On a related note, I've never noticed if the hazards come on automatically after a hard stop which my BMW used to do, although more often than I'd like.

Dynamic Brake Lights (if equipped)​

If you are driving over 30 mph (50 km/h) and brake forcefully (or if Automatic Emergency Braking engages), the brake lights flash quickly to warn other drivers that Model 3 is rapidly slowing down. If Model 3 stops completely, the hazard warning lights flash. Flashing continues until you press the accelerator or manually press the hazard lights button to turn them off (see Hazard Warning Flashers).

• Informative
Reactions: Tattersky
Not sure if anyone posted the release notes for 2022.24.5 so here are the ones we got in our Model Y. I usually do a manual two finger reboot after every update and, interestingly, the "Traffic Along Route" note only appeared after the reboot. Initially only the other three were showing.

View attachment 846105View attachment 846106View attachment 846107View attachment 846108
Same for me. The traffic along route didn't show up, or work, until after a reboot. Though I had an additional note about suppressing sentry mode sounds before and after.

• Informative
Reactions: KennethS
Is anyone else's driver profiles remembering Spotify accounts?
We have a family account so we each have our own premium Spotify accounts so I don't have to listen to the terrible playlists she makes.. after logging in to each it doesn't seem to stay logged in.
When we switch to each others profiles it just defaults back to the car's own Spotify account (from premium connectivity) rather than keeping each logged in.
Wonder if this is just mine having a funny 5 mins (or me setting it up wrong!) or more widespread?

Is anyone else's driver profiles remembering Spotify accounts?
We have a family account so we each have our own premium Spotify accounts so I don't have to listen to the terrible playlists she makes.. after logging in to each it doesn't seem to stay logged in.
When we switch to each others profiles it just defaults back to the car's own Spotify account (from premium connectivity) rather than keeping each logged in.
Wonder if this is just mine having a funny 5 mins (or me setting it up wrong!) or more widespread?
Randomly the same issue here not always a problem but enough to annoy

OK. This is what showed up in the release notes for an early 2020 M3LR
82271C0C-CF8D-431A-8553-2C7AA0A74D9D.jpeg
E3A309AD-4199-4476-BDF9-3227E516D9EB.jpeg
2B6386D6-EF79-4BD9-B47F-084DA2B7B7F0.jpeg

I’ll check the alarm issue after the car’s had a kip
This is the Nav map. not sure how different it is. It requires premium connectivity, which I have.
25AE0C26-01ED-44EF-BD99-A3ECA7FDD349.jpeg

Last edited: