Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
73F0130E-775C-4B3A-968E-4142B60D9045.jpeg

New radio icon! Finally no confusion with FM/DAB. 😂

• Informative
Reactions: Dilly and MrBadger
Bug in update 2022.28.1. When you playback camera footage the dab radio distorts.
I'm not even convinced that we were getting DAB any more as far as 2020.20 was concerned so DAB distortion is a step forward in my book.

Its been covered elsewhere so I am going slightly OT, but as well at the display seemingly only showing FM indicator (so potentially just cosmetic), I have never seen any firm evidence of actually receiving DAB (stations that we listen to are FM and DAB) but have had firm evidence (degradation of sound quality) where I was receiving FM where previously I would have had a (sound quality wise) full quality DAB program.

I have never seen any firm evidence of actually receiving DAB (stations that we listen to are FM and DAB) but have had firm evidence (degradation of sound quality) where I was receiving FM where previously I would have had a (sound quality wise) full quality DAB program.
If a station broadcasts simultaneously on FM and DAB, the car will fall back to FM if the DAB signal is lost. This can be caused by hot weather or phone chargers plugged into the 12V outlets.

It’s definitely tuning DAB stations. For info the maximum station name that can be broadcast on FM is 8 characters, so if you see more than that you’re on DAB (eg “BBC R2” on FM, “BBC Radio 2” on DAB). Or just listen to 6 Music, which isn’t on FM at all…

Reactions: init6
My in car release notes didn't show alt routes info at first but it appeared some time later on release notes screen. However, so far I've not been offered any alt routes.
It is on the map just like how Tesla shows in its release notes. It is light blue in colour and I missed it initially later figured out. As others mentioned you have to remove charge stops. Also it stays only for few seconds and if you don’t touch the alternate route it will switch to the navigation screen automatically in few seconds so there is a great chance of missing it altogether during the first few times.

Reactions: DaveNN
It is on the map just like how Tesla shows in its release notes. It is light blue in colour and I missed it initially later figured out. As others mentioned you have to remove charge stops. Also it stays only for few seconds and if you don’t touch the alternate route it will switch to the navigation screen automatically in few seconds so there is a great chance of missing it altogether during the first few times.

Noticed that too.
Kind of makes sense to make a conscious effort to remove charge stops.