Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm it does still avoid traffic even without premium connectivity.

I know as I resubscribed yesterday, but just before I did it sent me a significantly different route which I later discovered was because of a road closure.

I tend to only subscribe for a month when I will actually use it. I subscribe and then cancel, so it runs for a month and stops. So I'm often switching between premium and standard.

Unfortunately, it fails to tell you when it makes a diversion. So if you aren't paying attention you can drive into a traffic jam!

Eh? It gives you verbal instructions to turn left, right, take the exit etc. E.g. if there is a queue on the motorway, it tells you to exit the motorway at the junction before just like normal.

I am not sure what you mean?

If you drive the same route every day you can go into Autopilot mode and not notice it has rerouted you. Would be nice to have a few beeps!
Maybe Tesla have a point calling there software Autopilot after all :)

I must admit I've not used satnav for a while until yesterday, I've voice directions turned off, and kept forgetting to look at the map and sailed past a couple of turnings. Still, I got to see more of Wales that way.

If you drive the same route every day you can go into Autopilot mode (not literally) and not notice it has rerouted you. Would be nice to have a few beeps and a messege on the screen!
My old car (a very old Audi) used to say “recalculating route due to traffic conditions” in its prim and proper voice. Not sure why Tesla don’t add some useful voice messsges.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220916-043854_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220916-043854_Tesla.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Durzel
If you drive the same route every day you can go into Autopilot mode (not literally) and not notice it has rerouted you. Would be nice to have a few beeps and a messege on the screen!
Dear God not more beeps, please! If you are not following the nav route that is being displayed and also described turn by turn in audio … the fault isn’t with the car’s systems is it!

Reactions: Ozboz7 and init6