Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Urban night drive through the well lit streets of the west end of Glasgow. No tacc, eap or fsd active. Auto beams self selected and flashed on and off and on and off and on and.. well you get the idea.

Crock of *sugar*. I want that permanently disabled unless I elect to use it, which I may do on country roads or areas poorly lit.

Quality control in these software releases is non existent. Appreciate they have to react to a number of different environmental conditions but do not take away our ability to stay in control.

Urban night drive through the well lit streets of the west end of Glasgow. No tacc, eap or fsd active. Auto beams self selected and flashed on and off and on and off and on and.. well you get the idea.

Crock of *sugar*. I want that permanently disabled unless I elect to use it, which I may do on country roads or areas poorly lit.

Quality control in these software releases is non existent. Appreciate they have to react to a number of different environmental conditions but do not take away our ability to stay in control.
If you're not using AP, why do you have auto beams on? Especially if you're driving through a city? I have mine permanently off and just put them on manually.

Reactions: Adopado
If you're not using AP, why do you have auto beams on? Especially if you're driving through a city? I have mine permanently off and just put them on manually.
I didn’t select it on it auto selected itself as on by default.

I had to go into the car menu and put it off. Then later when I came back to my car and started on my journey home the car once more had defaulted itself to auto.

I do not want to have to have to remember to set it off at the start of each journey.

I had to go into the car menu and put it off. Then later when I came back to my car and started on my journey home the car once more had defaulted itself to auto.

I do not want to have to have to remember to set it off at the start of each journey.
No need to go into the menu, just push the stalk away from you to turn it off. Alternatively, if you flash the lights, the lights menu pops up for a few seconds.

Reactions: Katic1972
I have just got 28.2, just dreading my nighttime return trip on the motorway at the weekend. I wish they would change the behavior, when passing a motorway exit that it decides to move to the lane on the right when your in lane 1. Also stop wanting to move to the next lane when there is cones on the hard shoulder, where the cones are on the other side of the white line.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot

Auto lights, but not auto main beam/dipping, has always been on by default. (At least auto dipping could be permanently off) I have always switched to manual at the start of my drives simply because I find it irritating to have my lights come on during the day just because I’ve driven past a few trees!

It may be that the behaviour has modified but I haven’t driven in the dark since recent update. I know it has when AP is on but not sure about other scenarios.

I might be mistaken but I’m sure I read that there are scenarios where AHB turns itself back on. Maybe at the start of a drive? Will have to test.

So has that behaviour changed even from the earlier forced AHB with AP? I thought the earlier complaints were just about AHB being imposed when AP was in use?

So has that behaviour changed even from the earlier forced AHB with AP? I thought the earlier complaints were just about AHB being imposed when AP was in use?
I'd say so.

I rarely use AP but have used AHB since I got the car in March 2020. Found they were not perfect, but adequate.

Since 28.1 when driving at night, without AP, through town at 30mph they constantly flicker on and off, even on roads with street lighting. Before I had to activate AHB once to start using then (typically when leaving the town).

Now it seems the function is activated from the start of the drive.

Hey, Looking for suggestions. Got the update last night 2022.28.2, all went fine. Driven to work this morning, plugged into the work chargers using the type two, and its not charging. Tried 2 chargers, same issue. Was charging fine using them yesterday. Seems to claim that the charger may be the issue (apologies didn't think to take a picture of the error, will do so at lunch if I can't fix it), but other people using the same bank or chargers were fine. Will have a look at lunch, do a reset maybe? Any other suggestions for what the issue could be?

Only got the car a week ago, new model Y.

Hey, Looking for suggestions. Got the update last night 2022.28.2, all went fine. Driven to work this morning, plugged into the work chargers using the type two, and its not charging. Tried 2 chargers, same issue. Was charging fine using them yesterday. Seems to claim that the charger may be the issue (apologies didn't think to take a picture of the error, will do so at lunch if I can't fix it), but other people using the same bank or chargers were fine. Will have a look at lunch, do a reset maybe? Any other suggestions for what the issue could be?

Only got the car a week ago, new model Y.
Always worth doing a two button reboot when anything unusual happens.

Edit: forgot to ask, are you using your cable or is the charger tethered? If your cable, then that's another variable in the equation.

What follow distance do you have? I have 7 and really don't see it as a problem.
It's actually a good tip, thanks! I've tried this morning and the acceleration from standstill is better when being at 5-6. However not very usable in congested traffic as the car leaves a huge gap of at least one car length in front, so have to manually adjust every time when in comes to a stop if I don't want to be honked...

To me follow distance and acceleration shouldn't be this closely related. They are two different things, and should take into account the car current speed as well..

Reactions: DenkiJidousha