Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, Looking for suggestions. Got the update last night 2022.28.2, all went fine. Driven to work this morning, plugged into the work chargers using the type two, and its not charging. Tried 2 chargers, same issue. Was charging fine using them yesterday. Seems to claim that the charger may be the issue (apologies didn't think to take a picture of the error, will do so at lunch if I can't fix it), but other people using the same bank or chargers were fine. Will have a look at lunch, do a reset maybe? Any other suggestions for what the issue could be?

Only got the car a week ago, new model Y.
Power off the computer. Leave and lock the car. Turn off phone app and bluetooth Go get a coffe and retrurn to the car.

I think the Power Off option is in Safety & Security.

This fixed the issue with me.

Good luck.

Reactions: KB2022
So.. just went for a drive in the dark in 28.2. It was a short trip across town for some shopping.. so think 20/30mph roads, loads of street lighting, quite a bit of traffic.

For some reason AHB had switched on and I hadn't noticed (I wasn't using AP so expected it to remain off) - until I realized I was repeatedly flashing the oncoming cars (and pedestrians, which it also couldn't see apparently) It seems tesla vision just can't see them even when there's a queue of slow moving traffic with its lights on right next to you.

There is no way anyone would use high beams in that environment.. WTF Tesla think they're doing I have no idea. I'm going to have to check they're off every drive now because I don't trust it.

Should have waited to install 28.2 but got bored and did it. What a load of rubbish. Some things seem ok / different, but the AHB is as much use as tits on a fish. 28.1 was the best they have been in my 9 months ownership. 28.2 is just horrendous, it’s has genuinely no clue what it’s doing.

A few changes to AP I noticed:
1. when passing HGVs, the gentle move slightly in its lane to the right is now much more noticeable.
2. It sits much more centrally in its lane.
3. It seems much more “nervous” pulling into a lane next to a HGV.
4. Slightly slower to execute auto lane changes but lots of the roads tonight had no lighting so may just be struggling to “see”.

In general, noting major apart from the AHB. Gone from the best they have been to the worst - imo

I have 2022.28.2 but only owned the car a week so little historical context. I drove home at 8pm last night mix of A and local roads. Headlight response was fine re. oncoming traffic but I did notice main beams on along well lit main roads which seems unnecessary.

I have a question re. the new included 28.x games and controllers. Has anyone successfully used a USD hub in the glovebox to run both a gaming controller and the supplied thumb drive for Dashcam? I checked some old threads but most mentioned US accessories and then descended into folk removing internal fittings and jamming in new aftermarket USB hardware 🤷‍♂️. Thats not for me....

This thread was posted this morning and looks like they have it all working:

This thread was posted this morning and looks like they have it all working:

Ah. I should have checked again this morning! thank you

Reactions: M1tch
I've had the car 3 years to the day and this AHB thing is my first major complaint. I use autopilot a lot and this is preventing me from using it as much as I would like to. High beams are switched on when there is oncoming traffic but there is also no need for it to come on. Previous experience tells me the cameras can see better than me in low light conditions so I do think this behaviour may be unnecessary.

Reactions: Doudeau and M1tch
I've had the car 3 years to the day and this AHB thing is my first major complaint. I use autopilot a lot and this is preventing me from using it as much as I would like to. High beams are switched on when there is oncoming traffic but there is also no need for it to come on. Previous experience tells me the cameras can see better than me in low light conditions so I do think this behaviour may be unnecessary.
Make sure you raise a Service Request with Tesla. I know that they'll likely close it down, but someone somewhere will be preparing stats on issues and the more reports the higher up the priority a fix will be.
As to your assumption that vision can see fine without enforcing AHB, I'm on 2022.20.12 which has vision and it doesn't need to enforce AHBs. So not sure why this has changed unless its trying to see further ahead. Who knows.

Reactions: MrT3 and browellm
Also, since upgrading to 28.x I get much more false alerts / lags from the ultrasound sensors. In congested traffic, displaying the 'STOP' message like if I was to bump into the car that was in front of me, except it had moved several meters ahead since then...

Just noticed on 2022.28.2 that you don't see supercharges when you are navigating to a destination. I liked seeing how many superchargers where in use too!

Also you get some information if the weather is bad.
strong winds.jpg