Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been running 28.1 for a few days now. I have to admit it was worth taking. I have EAP and whilst I didn't have too many issues before it seems really positive now.

Driven in EAP in the dark, sunset and terrential rain. The auto high beam did come on once in the dark on a dual carriageway, with a car coming the other side of the road, a fair distance away. There was a large separation between the lanes. Anyhow I just hit the stalk to dip.

Reactions: M1tch
Apologies if I’ve missed this, but I’ve had a screen problem on my MY since the last 3 updates (currently on 28.2). Whenever I get in the car the screen is very dim. Altering the brightness/auto etc makes no difference. If I do a reboot, it brightens up and works fine. However, if I then leave the car and lock it, when I get back in the screen is dim again until I reboot. It’s been fine until an update 3 weeks ago (to 24.x?) - is this a common issue?

Apologies if I’ve missed this, but I’ve had a screen problem on my MY since the last 3 updates (currently on 28.2). Whenever I get in the car the screen is very dim. Altering the brightness/auto etc makes no difference. If I do a reboot, it brightens up and works fine. However, if I then leave the car and lock it, when I get back in the screen is dim again until I reboot. It’s been fine until an update 3 weeks ago (to 24.x?) - is this a common issue?
I don't have that issue, but from about the same time my Model 3 loses track of the USB stick that have my music on and I have to reboot for it to appear again. A similar sort of problem.

Reactions: MkPotato
Is there any way to turn off auto high beam permanently? Drove up to Newcastle last night (5.5 hours) and had to do the whole thing without autopilot because it kept flashing people. Seems like every time you enable autopilot it switches it back on, even if you turn it off in settings.

The good news is phantom braking is significantly better with the vision update. I used to have constant phantom braking when overtaking lorries at night, not a single episode last night in 5.5 hours. 2 instances where the car reacted before I had even clocked what was happening too.

Reactions: M1tch and init6
Is there any way to turn off auto high beam permanently? Drove up to Newcastle last night (5.5 hours) and had to do the whole thing without autopilot because it kept flashing people. Seems like every time you enable autopilot it switches it back on, even if you turn it off in settings.

The good news is phantom braking is significantly better with the vision update. I used to have constant phantom braking when overtaking lorries at night, not a single episode last night in 5.5 hours. 2 instances where the car reacted before I had even clocked what was happening too.
No, hence most of the 14 pages of this thread. You can turn if off per AP activation by pushing the left stalk, but it will come on the next time you enable AP. People with the lane change assist feature in EAP and FSD have less issue as they aren't turning it on and off as often.

Also no, I don't think many people find this acceptable, same with forcing on Autowipers when they are triggering due to something other than rain.

If you use S3XY Buttons they now have a setting that will turn off AHB each time you engage AP.

Well..... I'm going to tempt fate.... wipers yesterday on 2022.28.2 were Ok.

Mixture of light rain, stopping and starting, no runaway excitement battering the windscreen into submission nor waiting until it could see rivers of water across the road before starting. It was daylight, I reserve final judgement until it's dark, one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that, but if I didn't know about the history, I wouldn't be complaining.

My issue, not necessarily related to 28.x, (or is it, radar being disabled?..) is that I find Autopilot acceleration way too strong in standstill traffic.
When at a complete stop, if the car in front of me moves forward a few yards, the car launches immediately and then brakes down a second later to avoid rear-ending it. I find it's actually less comfortable to use AP/TACC in slow traffic than before. I've even started to assume manual control, after years of having 'jam-assist' features in previous cars, and even AP in an older M3 that had a smooth & progressive ride?...

My issue, not necessarily related to 28.x, (or is it, radar being disabled?..) is that I find Autopilot acceleration way too strong in standstill traffic.
When at a complete stop, if the car in front of me moves forward a few yards, the car launches immediately and then brakes down a second later to avoid rear-ending it. I find it's actually less comfortable to use AP/TACC in slow traffic than before. I've even started to assume manual control, after years of having 'jam-assist' features in previous cars, and even AP in an older M3 that had a smooth & progressive ride?...
Agree, it's an odd calibration they have that acceleration from standstill is so strong, yet getting back up to speed on TACC/AP is so undercooked.

28.2 definitely sits better in terms of road position.

Oncoming traffic only shows in crowded streets or where an oncoming vehicle crosses the white line into our side of the road. The the visualisations show for the next two or three cars before they all disappear again. Not a single cone or wheelie bin on the other side of the road is missing though, so its seeing things, just not representing any oncoming vehicles unless they might be a problem it would seem.

Reactions: Toblerone and Dilly
This is concerning.
At what distance from the vehicle in front do you pull up?

I’ve had this in stop/start traffic since I’ve had the car (March ‘21). If the car in front moves off quickly, the car launches thinking it’s getting going, and then slams on the brakes. I had hoped the vision update would fix it, but it doesn’t seem much improved. There was a mention of this in the update notes a couple of versions ago where they claimed to have improved behaviour in start/stop traffic, but I’ve not witnessed much improvement.

What follow distance do you have? I have 7 and really don't see it as a problem.

Reactions: RCMY and kelvin 660