Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am kind of in your situation. We recently moved back from Australia to the UK. I order a MYLR in March before returning to the UK. At the time, the EDD suggested I would get the Tesla not too long after arriving, so took out a hire car. The Shanghai affair happened (not Tesla's fault) and the EDDs went very fluid, so I ordered an Inventory MYLR understanding I would get it within 2 weeks, the normal period, according to Tesla. I didn't cancel the new car order, but subsequently have been informed it may be 6 or more weeks before I get the inventory car, even though Tesla tell me it is in at the Reading dealer awaiting the Service Centre team signing off its release.

With the expectation a ship will arrive in late June, I'm now in a situation of having both cars arriving at the same time. Given I have a hire car burning a hole in my pocket, I'm taking whichever arrives first, assuming the inventory car (<200 miles on the clock) is in near perfect condition.

If I were you, I would either just wait it out as EDDs change regularly as supply changes, people cancel orders, etc. Hard news to take I know...
Strange how yours has turned out that way.

I am just awaiting Tesla to confirm the order from the lease company, then they are transferring it to Tesla Manchester Trafford from Dartford and I should be able to collect by the end of this week, will keep you updated as to how does it actually pan out

This is the same situation for me too. The whole purchase experience has been so far below what I would expect. It has just become a hassle trying to deal with Tesla, they don't seem to know what is actually going on half the time. I was made to cancel my order as I was promised the inventory car was ready to go and now I don't know if it even exists! :mad:
Yeah its an absolute shambles. I'm still waiting for the callback they promised.

If they have genuinely "lost" the car I bought and have instead just moved me to the back of the queue without even telling me then I think it might be up there with the worst customer service I have ever received.

I'm still hopeful its a mix up that will get sorted for us both, but that's more hope than expectation.

Reactions: Chickenlips
So, my trade in has expired. Email asking for latest reading. - Does anyone know how long this process takes to get a new trade in value. As now my account as been reset - showing I have the deposit to pay - I'm able to change options on my car and the delivery centre. Before it basically said you're all paid and wait for delivery. At the moment the EDD has not changed or moved - not that that really means anything. I know the first valuation was a couple of weeks. Thanks.
My trade in offer expired last week. I submitted my current mileage and the new offer arrived after a couple of days… unfortunately MUCH lower than the first offer. Reluctantly accepted however I’m still trying to get them to properly reflect the value in the payment / PCP details

The only true and realistic pattern is as follows:

(1) Tesla issues buyer's with EDD based on historical statistics in hand, EDD is only an estimate;

(2) Tesla manufactures all vehicles with whatever parts are available at time of manufacture (just in time) and skips installation of parts which are not required for normal operation of vehicle;

(3) Tesla ships vehicles with first available vessel for the target destination;

(4) Tesla allocates vehicles to orders when it finds prudent based on its own internal variables and shortly after VINs are displayed against orders, this can range from date the vehicle loaded on the vessel and in the worst case after the vehicle arrives at the destination port. After vehicles are allocated to orders, Tesla will reallocate a different vehicle (VIN) in case the vehicle requires remedy of in-transit damage, usually a wheel or minor body repair;

(5) if and only if when there are no pending recalls on vehicle models, or once pending recalls are remedied (whether software or hardware) meaning vehicles are in an acceptable state for delivery, orders are allocated and scheduled with delivery dates.
Thanks Elon!

• Funny
Reactions: CL65 and Utumno
Yeah its an absolute shambles. I'm still waiting for the callback they promised.

If they have genuinely "lost" the car I bought and have instead just moved me to the back of the queue without even telling me then I think it might be up there with the worst customer service I have ever received.

I'm still hopeful its a mix up that will get sorted for us both, but that's more hope than expectation.
Try your best (hard I know) to hang in there. The various views expressed here are all speculative and not all of them can be true. What you do know is that there is a small software update 2022 12.3.3 that is rolling out and Tesla are dealing with a very testing period because of production shortages. I would be more optimistic about your situation

Btw Shanghai is reverting to full production from tomorrow. 2600 vehicles per day as opposed to 1000.

Have a coffee!

Strange how yours has turned out that way.

I am just awaiting Tesla to confirm the order from the lease company, then they are transferring it to Tesla Manchester Trafford from Dartford and I should be able to collect by the end of this week, will keep you updated as to how does it actually pan out
So the car has now disappeared out my account which signifies Tesla have accepted the order from the lease company and taken over my RN.

I proceeded to call Tesla and ask when they would be getting it to the Trafford Centre, the lady said likely 1st or 2nd week of June she would expect, so I said

Someone called me on Friday to say they could get it down to us the end of this week and that would be great as we need it really for May 31st max.

She said oh right I am not sure I can't see that being the case she will look into it and get back to me...

Well why would someone call me out of the blue and say they could if they can't? Very odd...Guess I will wait to see what they come back with, they need better communication in that place

Reactions: Snowy77
So the car has now disappeared out my account which signifies Tesla have accepted the order from the lease company and taken over my RN.

I proceeded to call Tesla and ask when they would be getting it to the Trafford Centre, the lady said likely 1st or 2nd week of June she would expect, so I said

Someone called me on Friday to say they could get it down to us the end of this week and that would be great as we need it really for May 31st max.

She said oh right I am not sure I can't see that being the case she will look into it and get back to me...

Well why would someone call me out of the blue and say they could if they can't? Very odd...Guess I will wait to see what they come back with, they need better communication in that place
So if you grab a new car off the inv, the lease company are happy to take that RN over?

1. 18th March SMS - advising licence plate registration and the VIN (note this was first communication by Tesla that mentioned a VIN (even though it was discoverable in source code for weeks before and in truth gave me confidence about. a car actually being matched to me. I think the give it as it is sometimes needed for the purchaser to arrange insurance/registration

It's worth noting that VINs discovered in source code have been known to change before the SMS comes out. It's never clear if this is as a result of shipping damage, being swapped to an earlier car or just logistics because of where the vehicle is actually loaded on the ship or where it will travel to once unloaded.

It does usually mean that you definitely have a vehicle allocated, but I wouldn't take it as gospel until you hear officially. In fact you can only really be 100% sure once you take delivery, but it's less likely to change after you hear from T.

Reactions: Utumno
My EDD has today reverted back to “May 2022”. Very disappointing. I know this means I won’t get a car this quarter.
Not to give you false hope but it would appear that it's people who had a May 22 date that got a VIN in Europe, so you never know...
Actually, it's that, you (and we) never know.. it will get there when it will get there... still hopeful they can bring a batch before the summer.. we'll see

Reactions: E_had