Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in my impatience I'm probably missing out on the Ryzen and lithium auxiliary battery upgrade, but so long as it still has the 60kwh battery I think I'll keep it. Any thoughts?
Never seen R before, I wonder if R is the new motor that gives the RWD slower acceleration compared to the SR+ and Q4 unicorn cars.

So this has the larger battery and new motor - a true RWD model. It could some of the newer features - 2021 just means it was manufactured in 2021 but the change over spec happened before 1/1/22.

I ordered one from Zen as well on the 14/01 White on white M3RWD and today they emailed me the order number RN*****. Out of curiosity When did you order yours and what did you order? Cheers!
Congrats on the order - that's great to hear that they email you the RN, does that mean you can use the tricks in this thread to see VIN etc?

I placed an order for the MY on the 17/01 👍

I ordered a standard white RWD 18" on 21st December, estimated delivery showing as May (at the time I didn't notice changing colour affected the delivery date).

Now this morning around 9:30ish I noticed a standard white RWD 18" in inventory (probably the one someone on here saw earlier), so jumped on it. My thinking being that it's worth losing a £100 deposit to get the same car 3 months earlier. The inventory one is currently showing me an estimated delivery date of 15th Feb - 1st March.

Now I er... have two model 3 orders pending and need to cancel one...

The inventory one turns out to be a 2021 model, however. It was advertising the same 305 mile WLTP range when I clicked order, but my Tesla account page shows it as "2021 Tesla Model 3" and the 21st December order just shows "Tesla Model 3".

VIN in source code for the inventory model is LRW3F7FR2MC43****. Apparently this has a motor type "R", which I haven't been able to decode. Any ideas?

So in my impatience I'm probably missing out on the Ryzen and lithium auxiliary battery upgrade, but so long as it still has the 60kwh battery I think I'll keep it. Any thoughts?
I was in a very similar situation - email [email protected] and ask them to cancel the order you no longer need as you needed to secure the vehicle that you saw (assuming you still want the 2021 model). Explain that you couldn’t get chat or phone agents to match your order to the available inventory vin. (They can do that- ask me how I know lol)

They should process your refund. I have been given that reason and waiting for the refund (this is the approach 3 separate Tesla agents advised me to take so there is hope it’ll work.

Decision to stay with the 2021 model is something only you can make.

I was in a very similar situation - email [email protected] and ask them to cancel the order you no longer need as you needed to secure the vehicle that you saw (assuming you still want the 2021 model). Explain that you couldn’t get chat or phone agents to match your order to the available inventory vin. (They can do that- ask me how I know lol)

Thanks. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow morning just to make sure I'm getting what I ordered (aka latest battery size) and maybe to try and understand that "R" motor; I thought people knew the VIN code for the latest motor in the RWD but I couldn't see "R" anywhere.

I think if I worry too much about which cars will and won't have Ryzen I'll drive myself mad. I think for me it doesn't matter much either way.

In the meantime I've now selected 3rd March (offered from 1st March) at Brent Cross for collection :).

Reactions: BatteryJuice
Thanks. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow morning just to make sure I'm getting what I ordered (aka latest battery size) and maybe to try and understand that "R" motor; I thought people knew the VIN code for the latest motor in the RWD but I couldn't see "R" anywhere.

I think if I worry too much about which cars will and won't have Ryzen I'll drive myself mad. I think for me it doesn't matter much either way.

In the meantime I've now selected 3rd March (offered from 1st March) at Brent Cross for collection :).

Good luck and hope it works out for you. I find the chat much quicker than call most times but try either whichever works best for you.

I pick my M3LR up on 9th Feb from Brent X with three different assurances from Tesla agents that it’s with a Ryzen processor so will keep everyone posted though I think there are others collection before me on the 8th.

Congrats on the order - that's great to hear that they email you the RN, does that mean you can use the tricks in this thread to see VIN etc?

I placed an order for the MY on the 17/01 👍
I do wonder what %'age of tesla's web traffic is people like us simply refreshing the "prepare for delivery" page waiting for a VIN to show up :D

not to worry - although my car last year I had selected Thorpe Park and it changed about a week before delivery to Park Royal.. its possible there may be some overflow from brent cross but you’re an early delivery so shouldn’t be?

edit: Thats quite a way from brent cross!

Reactions: kshar

R motor is the 3D5 208kW. 5.8s to 60mph.

I've seen a few UK people post their 2022 Model 3 RWD/SR+ VINs with an S, which is the 3D7 motor which is 'hairpin wound' which technically should be slightly better but probably not much in it and both motors are limited to 208kW peak.

Looking further afield most 2022 RWD VINs I have seen posted on the German forum are also R motors at this point & all coming to Australia at this point are S's

That will likely be the exact same car:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cantonalegod

I saw this image somewhere in the forum and saved it, so I am sharing it again to show the engine variations. (Sorry I don't have the name to give credit to). I am guessing R is the new actuator as it has lower power rate.

Attachments

• Motor Power.jpg
    Motor Power.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: CL65
My delivery appointment location has disappeared from the page and I see Bluewater Shopping Centre in the source rather than Brent Cross. 🤨

Monday this week :

E1F8C03A-0968-4D68-81DC-55565ABA68C7.jpeg

just now:

C2B858C2-4098-4FFD-9AA4-52F896212920.jpeg

uh-oh spaghettios?

original choice: Thorpe park : 20 minute bus ride.
Forced choice : Brent Cross : 90 minutes on a good day, train + bus
Maybe coming : Bluewater : 2.5 hours maybe - multiple trains and bus?

Last edited:
I just received this text from Tesla. Did anyone receive this? Ordered M3 in December and expected delivery now showing March. I don't have any outstanding tasks so not sure what this is about but equally don't want to have any delays in car being assigned.

#Tesla Important Reminder: 🚗⚡ Please log into your Tesla account (www.tesla.com/teslaaccount) and complete your outstanding delivery tasks under the MANAGE tab. Please note that you will not be assigned a car in the future unless you have completed these tasks. If you have any questions regarding this and would like a callback from a Tesla Advisor, please reply 'YES'#

they normally send a text so I'll give it until Monday morning and then give them a poke just in case. BC was already inconvenient vs thorpe park or one of their SCs like West Drayton or Reading but bluewater would be taking the p**s
Same here but feel for people who have to come from the west when they can do collection at West Drayton as a mid point for many in the region. I might poke them on chat today if it comes up. I would be asking for some reimbursement or SC credits for that further journey. I have to take more time off for the collection now

rant over