Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hope your new car has the Ryzen and not the older atom I know I will not be accepting my car next Tuesday if its got the outdated intel atom

Assuming in current days of global shortage that simply because a car manufacturer has changed a specification of a specific part it is then better, faster or latest and greatest is not correct. I currently have two Model 3's (LR) both purchased 2-weeks apart, one in the UK received in Dec [has Intel Atom, has Data-enabled USB hub, has unheated wipers] and one in USA 2-weeks later [has AMD Ryzen, USB-hub has no data capability and with heated wipers]. the MPU speed makes zero difference in loading times of apps I use, I have lost the capability to use memory devices in USB port in centre console and wow, my wipers heat up. I have not performed an acceleration test yet and shall report when I do but this person who has reported the 2022 as having lower acceleration:

2022 vs 2021 Tesla Model 3 LFP | Which LFP car is faster?​

Last edited:
Could not get to sleep half the might. Woke Up with really stiff neck and shoulders. But all this is nothing as today is the pickup day.

Here we go.
Pickup location: National Space Centre, Leicester, 08.02.2022
Spec: Model 3 LR, MSM with black interior and 18 aero wheels with standard autopilot
Ordered on 29th of December.
Purchase financing method: Tesla Loan
VIN: LRW3F7EK6NC478xxx

Came in the tent at the car park outside NSC. Reps checked my drivers license and off I go! Car was actually still being valeted (last touch upsnwith rags ;)

Now what is most important and all you've been waiting:

- MCU: Ryzen !!!
- Laminated windows: front only
- Heated wipers parking: Do not know - parking location is black, no heating wires visible
- Front USB C: installed, charging only
- SOC at pick-up: 42 %
- Assembly quality (gaps etc): perfect
- Cleanliness: perfect

- Issues with Car: none
PXL_20220208_105644500.MP.jpg

Other cars there without any visible gaps problems

Could not get to sleep half the might. Woke Up with really stiff neck and shoulders. But all this is nothing as today is the pickup day.

Here we go.
Spec: Model 3 LR, MSM with black interior and 18 aero wheels with standard autopilot

Came in the tent at the car park outside NSC. Reps checked my drivers license and off I go! Car was actually still being valeted (last touch upsnwith rags ;)

- Heated wipers parking: Do not know - parking location is black, no heating wires visible

View attachment 766309

Thank you!! I bet it's lovely!!! Upload some pictures when you can 😉

Here we go.

View attachment 766309

Thank you so much =)
Did you actually get the notification beforehand about the reduced range because of the new CPU. Did you need to confirm that in your account?
Because in Germany only some people where notified prior to their pickup date and they had to agree to the new range.

Last edited:

Here we go.

View attachment 766309

ABSOLUTELY brilliant. Speechless.

Here we go.

View attachment 766309

It looks so pretty! ❤️ You definitely ordered the right colour. And by this I mean, I definitely ordered the right colour as you and I have ordered the exact same spec :) Though I did just check the weather forecast, and it looks like I'll have a dry collection day, but rain every day after that for as far as the forecast goes. So I guess mine will be this pretty for one day only!

Great news about the Ryzen! Less great news about the USB-C ports not doing data (how would you plug in a games controller? 🤔), but sounds like a successful collection day overall!

That's a good point re the games controller. Does anyone know? (Was about to order a wired one, but will hold off for now)

Can it not be plugged into the port in the glovebox? Don't have the car yet & I haven't researched, just assumed as it's data enabled.

M3 LR in MSM ordered on 6/2. App says March delivery atm... Getting twitchy seeing all these pickups today!

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77

Here we go.

View attachment 766309

exact spec as mine so hopeful for Ryzen too! thanks for the update. Probably makes no differenct now, but maybe they bring out an app store, or it enables future services that need the extra performance (who knows?)

should have the larger battery too - if 40% using EPA it should show approx 143 miles range on the dash, or 150 for 42%.

Reactions: Snowy77 and Paul67

Here we go.

View attachment 766309

It looks fantastic mate, I will be there tomorrow, thanks for the info on the chip - now go and enjoy

Here we go.

View attachment 766309

Congratulations @yessuz, all the dreaming eventually came to a final climax

Info on heated wipers, I think I remember hearing or reading that the heated wiper function will not be available on the car yet, though the car may have the hardware. I believe they suggested it will be released in a later software update, so will not know I guess until the option comes up.

Thank you so much =)
Did you actually get the notification beforehand about the reduced range because of the new CPU. Did you need to confirm that in your account?
Because in Germany only some people where notified prior to their pickup date and they had to agree to the new range.
Congrats yessuz!

Yeah as lordoflight, did you have to agree to a different range or spec as I havent heard anything along those lines. Ordered LR about the same time.

Here we go.

View attachment 766309

Thanks for update.

Does it have the extended range?