Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered about a week ago - Blue, 18 aero, black interior, enhanced autopilot, Manchester delivery. Originally said November. Next day changed to May 31 - June 28. No change since.
Thanks, ordered through a lease company so no details until when tesla contact me. Could be this quarter or next. Ordered a white m3, black interior and aero, no other enhancements.

I am currently waiting for my 3rd Tesla delivery and have been through the pain you are all going through.
On my last order which was a Model 3 Performance it took 6 months to come from order which sent me nuts 🥜and I was clinging onto any positive posts on the shipping updates site from MR M, reference potential delivery dates into Southampton.
I have to say on the previous 2 deliveries he got it right both times with great accuracy. He knows his stuff and will give you all the info you require when it happens.

Through my experience this is what you can expect to happen.

Once the ship leaves Shanghai you will get a text early into the ships journey stating your order has now been allocated to a car and it usually has a Vin number on the text. From you receiving the text to you collecting the car is normally 4-5 weeks. I got a text on both occasions once the ship was through the Panama Canal with a definitive delivery date.

If a ship sailed from Shanghai today you would be collecting your car from around 16-22nd of May depending where you are in the UK.

At the best once the factory reopens we will be looking at least 2 weeks to get going properly again. So assuming the factory opens tomorrow We are looking at early June. The estimates you receive on your Tesla account are to be taken with a pinch of salt so don’t get bogged down with them.

Their are currently no boats leaving Shanghai so let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope the factory open soon.

Hope this helps as you are all going through what I went through on my first delivery. All I can say is the wait will be worth it and you well never own a better car in your life.

Yes I know they are just a guidance but the fact my date disappeared entirely freaks me out. Last time it happened y delivery jumped from really march too late May ( I ordered end of Jan)
I am currently waiting for my 3rd Tesla delivery and have been through the pain you are all going through.
On my last order which was a Model 3 Performance it took 6 months to come from order which sent me nuts 🥜and I was clinging onto any positive posts on the shipping updates site from MR M, reference potential delivery dates into Southampton.
I have to say on the previous 2 deliveries he got it right both times with great accuracy. He knows his stuff and will give you all the info you require when it happens.

Through my experience this is what you can expect to happen.

Once the ship leaves Shanghai you will get a text early into the ships journey stating your order has now been allocated to a car and it usually has a Vin number on the text. From you receiving the text to you collecting the car is normally 4-5 weeks. I got a text on both occasions once the ship was through the Panama Canal with a definitive delivery date.

If a ship sailed from Shanghai today you would be collecting your car from around 16-22nd of May depending where you are in the UK.

At the best once the factory reopens we will be looking at least 2 weeks to get going properly again. So assuming the factory opens tomorrow We are looking at early June. The estimates you receive on your Tesla account are to be taken with a pinch of salt so don’t get bogged down with them.

Their are currently no boats leaving Shanghai so let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope the factory open soon.

Hope this helps as you are all going through what I went through on my first delivery. All I can say is the wait will be worth it and you well never own a better car in your life.

Reactions: WiredUp
Tbh EDD's can't even be reliably used for guidance. Mine's changed dramatically over the lifetime of my order, and I have no faith that dates given are even vaguely accurate.

They may as well be pulling dates out of a hat by this point