Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is slightly bizarre that the EDD doesn't show in the Tesla App for me but I have an EDD of 23rd June - 30th June on my account. I spoke to Tesla yesterday (courtesy call apparently) on a number of topics and the guy I spoke to said the EDD was a new(ish) system and was unsure how reliable it was (no idea If that's true or not)

I guess we are at the point of superstition, checking for a VIN in the source code, hopping on one leg and doing a sun dance ritual

Reactions: ElsDee
Just had a live chat with Tesla to see if there was any EDD on their end.

Tom said:

Okay, so officially we're estimating ordering such as yours for November. However, you may be offered a car sooner if one becomes available. You can also give us a call if you see a car in our inventory and we can match that to your order. But said car MUST be the same as on your order as it is a lease order.

FYI. Ordered M3 RWD / White Exterior / Black Interior / 18" Aeros on 19th February 2022 via Lease with Lex Autolease.
November 2022 was the estimate upon ordering anyway, but was hoping to get lucky as my current lease goes back on the 1st July.

Reactions: ScottishDev
Latest update on live chat... I ordered on the 25th Jan, M3 Deep blue, aero caps with black interior, looks as though I will be waiting a while!

1652180351829.png

Is it safe to assume if you ordered a Model Y in March or April, it should arrive sometime in June? Given the reduction in production due to the shortage of components, would anyone at Tesla ever make a generalised comment on when we can expect to recieve our cars rather than the algorithm of randon EDD. Given many of us ordered at the same time, often the same pick up, the results seem a bit randon? Or do we all just wait and look out for shipping movements? o_O
Who knows. I ordered in March and collected in March. There are others that ordered before me and are still waiting, go figure.

I’ve just been told the same thing…

Sounds like they have no idea what they are currently building in Shanghai.
Situation with production in Shanghai has been well reported, after losing approx 50,000 units of production due to COVID related shutdown, since reopening (19th April) their production has been at low levels and although they hoped to ramp up production they have experienced unforeseen problems with their supply chain delivering components, many of which come from other (non Tesla) suppliers who are China based. They too are subject to the same China/Covid restrictions which impacts both production and transportation to the Tesla factory.. Hence it is understandable that there is little clarity on delivery dates and local Tesla staff will simply not have information as it is all linked to the production issues which is a moving target. My instinct (could be wrong) is that for those who have seen their EDD window shorten and condense around end of June that they will most likely get their cars but for others I don't see grounds for optimism.