Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An academic debate..Tesla have moved on this some time back and their policy is all camera on all models called “Tesla Vision”.

Agreed, but I think they're simply trying to save on parts. For safety, they could coordinate between vision & continue using radar as a failsafe... At least it would put me more at ease...

But my point was that I though the reason for Tesla keeping the radar in EU/UK until now was linked to mandatory AEB feature regs for new cars. So I guess it was either amended in a way or Tesla was able to lobby into recognising camera vision as safe and effective as radar/lidar with the proper authorities?

Agreed, but I think they're simply trying to save on parts. For safety, they could coordinate between vision & continue using radar as a failsafe... At least it would put me more at ease...

But my point was that I though the reason for Tesla keeping the radar in EU/UK until now was linked to mandatory AEB feature regs for new cars. So I guess it was either amended in a way or Tesla was able to lobby into recognising camera vision as safe and effective as radar/lidar with the proper authorities?

It wasn't to save money, I believe it was to focus the engineers on the problem at hand and not have to code for 2 systems.

I'm just ecstatic the guys and girls at Tesla Shanghai were able to get Snowy out when they did whilst remaining safe and healthy. This has been a long journey since November, but I feel everything happens for a reason. Snowy will arrive when she's ready :)

Thanks for the best wishes guys. You kept me sane.

Now, it's BOAT WATCHING TIME! Still don't officially know WHAT boat she's on.

🍻
I am sooo happy for you Snowy, you have brought a lot of positive vibes in this thread and always a pleasure to read your posts! I can't imagine how you and the fam are feeling about this good news.

Feels emotional in a good way to see how things evolve in this thread. For many including you Snowy, the Telsa EDD course has been a long one and now people will soon be graduating and leaving this thread, exploring the world with their new Teslas!☺️

The class of Tesla EDD Q2 is a memorable one and we will miss many contributors.

Happy to all others getting your VINs and moving on to the next stage. I now feel very confident that we will be following in your footsteps soon! (Tesla relative time of course)

I have little doubt but that Tesla will be compliant with the law.

Interesting - its possible I could have a source code VIN - but this isn't seen as "allocated" yet..

Would be interested to see what answers those with a VIN in source get from Live Chat.
I spoke with Tesla and they said they are now using a dynamic date that will constantly update as information comes in and they said changing to Southampton (from Staines) would expedite it.

I am sooo happy for you Snowy, you have brought a lot of positive vibes in this thread and always a pleasure to read your posts! I can't imagine how you and the fam are feeling about this good news.

Feels emotional in a good way to see how things evolve in this thread. For many including you Snowy, the Telsa EDD course has been a long one and now people will soon be graduating and leaving this thread, exploring the world with their new Teslas!☺️

The class of Tesla EDD Q2 is a memorable one and we will miss many contributors.

Happy to all others getting your VINs and moving on to the next stage. I now feel very confident that we will be following in your footsteps soon! (Tesla relative time of course)
Thank you sir, huge appreciation for the wishes. The wait has been mad, but everyone here on that journey made it a great place to meet for the coffee, and made it actually fun. Time went much quicker walking this together. The obvious thing is now real beers somewhere!!!

🍻

Had a VIN allocated too. Ordered April 1st - MYLR - Blue - Induction Wheels - Black Interior

I did randomly message the advisor last night and he responded just now with:
Congrats - same spec as mine (ordered Feb 16th?) - any other extras on your order like EAP. Starting to think other factors influence the allocation other than location and order date (once spec is taken out of the equation). Wondering if funding method is influencing now where Tesla want certainty of certain financials before quarter end as well as number of vehicles delivered.

Literally spamming my order page now every few minutes - come on VIN, appear :p

Last edited:
Reactions: LoneRanger
I have little doubt but that Tesla will be compliant with the law.
Certainly but I'd love to read a whitepaper about emergency stop in Vision vs radar in various speed / light settings if they had to produce one for them though.
They would be the only manufacturer not using radar/lidar for this purpose, and as much as I bought into Tesla tech, for basic safety features I like to go with the proven system rather than the experimental/in development feature with my family in the backseat...

Congrats - same spec as mine (ordered Feb 16th?) - any other extras on your order like EAP. Starting to think other factors influence the allocation other than location and order date (once spec is taken out of the equation). Wondering if funding method is influencing now where Tesla what certainty of certain financials before quarter end as well as number of vehicles delivered.

Literally spamming my order page now every few minutes - come on VIN, appear :p
No other extras mate, only additional info I can give really is I'm cash buyer and pickup location is Bristol if that helps?

Reactions: WhiteHartMart