Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may be that tesla will continue to export after original deadline as it does not appear likely that China will open up in any meaningful way for tesla deliveries there and tesla may 'kitchen sink' any delivery or cash flow ssues into Q2 .
After all tesla is not actually short of cash now.
Who knows but it may give us some hope for European or UK deliveries

It may be that tesla will continue to export after original deadline as it does not appear likely that China will open up in any meaningful way for tesla deliveries there and tesla may 'kitchen sink' any delivery or cash flow ssues into Q2 .
After all tesla is not actually short of cash now.
Who knows but it may give us some hope for European or UK deliveries
This kind of hope should be reserved for illuminated infotainment buttons in VW ID family cars, a 500 mile range Tesla EV for half the price of a Ford Fiesta, and a factory-fit parcel shelf in MIC Model Y's. They're all equally likely, after all.

Playing devils advocate, GLOVIS SPLENDOR was extremely well publicised, and lots of footage of her in various stages of loading. Not one RHD car was spotted which is a huge deflating observation. I'm still under the impression that it was intended exclusively for EU cars. RCC EUROPE on the otherhand, coinsided with mass VINS once underway, which is unofficial Tesla fashion. There's absolutely nothing on RCC EUROPE that I can find, but she does land within days of most VIN fed EDDs and the last two weeks of June. By my calcs, GLOVIS SPLENDOR if did indeed head for Southampton, would arrive about a week ahead of RCC EUROPE assumptions include 1 day at Suez and a generous 2 day stop in Koper, and continuing her average speeds to Southampton. I'm not familiar with any UK EDDs from 11th June.
My UK EDD is 17-30 June. Hidden VIN got allocated on 24-May.

Reactions: JOL1 and Snowy77
Anyone with an EDD of June 10, in England / Wales & Scotland, please step forward... I'd be interested to know what was ordered, and when the VIN was allocated. 10 June feels way too close, it's two weeks today.. Even with an open mind it's cutting things insanely tight even for GLOVIS SPLENDOR.
There are four of us in the Model 3 Performance Waiting Room with 10 June - June 24. Of course, the date range could be completely inaccurate.

For me, I think the VIN was assigned around 23-24 May which coincided with the date coming forward from 14 June to 10 June.

Reactions: Snowy77
There are four of us in the Model 3 Performance Waiting Room with 10 June - June 24. Of course, the date range could be completely inaccurate.

For me, I think the VIN was assigned around 23-24 May which coincided with the date coming forward from 14 June to 10 June.
VIN matched the same time as us by the looks of things. EDD for me is from June 15, which is a bit optimistic. I'm betting it's going to be last two weeks June. Probably all get texts from 18th June 😁

if only for the amusement of Team Tesla who no doubt count on this thread for their morning entertainment......
Team Tesla reading this thread
D5HF8rQXsAAZnra.jpg

I am beginning to regret picking red given the ratios in the videos of cars been loaded up

You need the most unpopular colour / trim ... which has been over-produced ... and a handover location that is doing the most volume ... and a financials-method that Tesla like (least admin effort / fastest payment / best margin).

Red may score well on one of those criteria!

When did you get given your collection point? When the dealer contacts you, or prior to that?
If you order via the Tesla website you can pick (from very few options) where to collect your car.

As Tesla tends to ship in bulk, it’s not practical for them to then send them to dealers who will be swamped with cars.

If you ordered via a lease company I’m not sure what the process is.

Leap of faith but as I am still on for July I want to believe there is still a UK-bound ship unallocated otherwise I would have expected to have reverted to August/Sept by now...
My Dad's M3 RWD EDD is still showing May as of Right Now with no hidden VIN allocated. I think any leap of faith here is destined for the classic Wil-E-Coyote mid-air pedal, fourth wall break, and precipitous plunge to the bottom of the canyon.