Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Repeating "opinions" and reflecting as definitives doesn't make it so ..I think that is what others are saying to you too .. You may be right..but equally...... Take Theban for example, carrying 4/5000 units, I have not seen a flurry of activity around VIN allocations that coincide with that ships itinerary
We have seen those VINs appear. Northern Europe including Scandinavia VINs were confirmed on here a few days ago. UK VINs came form RCC Europe and that was the 3rd ship so Glovis Splendor and Theben VINs are allocated already.

Lots of opinions on whether we’ll get more VIN allocations or not, based on boats going to Europe/UK.

But I’m still unsure where this leaves Ireland, including the north? Obviously only a small percentage of buyers are on this forum, but it doesn’t seem like anyone from Ireland has a VIN or delivery yet …

Are your socks wet? You certainly seem to be standing in de Nile.
This is too funny to keep up to speed with…

We’ve heard it all and it’s clear nobody has a clue and anything could happen…… I personally believe nothing at this point.

We’ve heard normally that until ships reach Suez vins are typically not assigned. Ship closest was Glovis Splendor.

People did not know definitely that Glovis was even a Tesla ship until the published video and let’s not forget supposedly Southampton was in her original schedule. There has been no footage from RCC Europe confirming Tesla’s if I recall? Dates might match to a degree along with a destination of Southampton but it’s all speculation.

What will happen to those with May EDD, June EDD, July EDD and no match who knows, but personally 4 ships inbound I don’t think all of these have been assigned and we’re definitely not certain on any potential destinations.

Let’s keep an open mind guys.

Last edited:
Alrighty well don't get upset when it turns out to be true. Just setting yourself up for disappointment. Shipping thread and my last conversation with Tesla both corroborate that if you haven't had a VIN assigned then your car won't be matched until earliest August / September
Well funny because my last conversation with Tesla was that they have more on the way and to keep an eye out in 1-2 weeks

Alrighty well don't get upset when it turns out to be true. Just setting yourself up for disappointment. Shipping thread and my last conversation with Tesla both corroborate that if you haven't had a VIN assigned then your car won't be matched until earliest August / September
Whether or not something turns out to be true doesn't mean it was factual at the time it was 'predicted'. Reading something on a shipping thread doesn't make it true and the TESLA advisor on the end of a call/chat will only know what is written on your file....
If I was a betting man I would 'guess' that our files don't say when our cars spec is being made and when ships are coming our way.

Reactions: beasty54
These offers have only recently been posted as far as I recall… So I’m curious to hear speculation on where Caparison are taking their info from? As far as I read here Tesla don’t deliver cars in July? 😂

56313700-D607-43FC-A94D-D2C81308BB29.png

Just had my March 7th order EDD change from 16-30 June to 8 Aug-14 Sept. Gutted. There was a time I was so excited for this car and now I’m getting doubtful if I even want to spend the money on it.

On the plus side now my work might sort out the salary sacrifice scheme and I can reinvest the £55k that’s sat in my bank account.

Lots of opinions on whether we’ll get more VIN allocations or not, based on boats going to Europe/UK.

But I’m still unsure where this leaves Ireland, including the north? Obviously only a small percentage of buyers are on this forum, but it doesn’t seem like anyone from Ireland has a VIN or delivery yet …
I’m NI too and advised by T Belfast that theirs come via Southampton.

So that means if we haven’t a VIN already it’s probably not coming.

Just checked and my EDD has changed in the last hour from 19-30 June to “May”. So, September I guess.
From all of these discussions (and US forums) and talking to T Belfast, put no store in EDD! Tesla don’t seem to so why do we? I had dates in June, then went Aug/Sept then narrow window in June, now September; all over the last 4 weeks. Advice from T Belfast was to ignore that. Make sure your account is fully ‘checked out’ ie not waiting for anything less final payment; and wait for VIN. Really enjoy tracking ships etc (thanks MrM) and following the chat helps pass the waiting time but until a VIN, it all means nothing.

Reactions: JOL1