Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. There are no more ships coming to Europe. The window has closed as Mr M mentioned in the other thread.
There are a number of ships heading to Europe/UK. Of which we have no idea if/when VINs for all these ship have/will be allocated (unless you work in this department for TESLA?).
A couple of days worth of VIN allocation activity to a small percentage of TMC users doesn't account for numerous ships with numerous ETAs.

however Berlin is late and the ramp up there has not been overly spectacular either (any colour you like, as long as it's black or white) and so Tesla are having to keep exporting from Shanghai although they would much prefer not to.
And if it's a Performance. The delay in the ramp up of Berlin is quite shocking actually. One model, two colors and nothing in sight that says that LR/SR or more colors are on the way. Only recent thing was an extra shift.

There are a number of ships heading to Europe/UK. Of which we have no idea if/when VINs for all these ship have/will be allocated (unless you work in this department for TESLA?).
A couple of days worth of VIN allocation activity to a small percentage of TMC users doesn't account for numerous ships with numerous ETAs.
I think Mr M is wrong and some of the ships pegged for EU only will have a load of RHDs too

• Funny
Reactions: Utumno
1653822122848.gif

There's only one ship coming to the UK, and people who had vins assigned on that ship have gotten their delivery notifications. Where could extra vins possibly come from?

Reactions: delta0
I cannot believe you haven't had a match considering you ordered in October!

I was frustrated seeing my March order not matched, especially as someone with the same spec with a later order date had been matched.

The UK ones have been allocated. Horizon Leader may have a VIN allocation but it’s not for the UK. Those getting cars this quarter have deliveries scheduled through to the end of the quarter for RCC Europe. Theben and Glovis Splendor are already allocated too and those are going into mainland Europe.

And if it's a Performance. The delay in the ramp up of Berlin is quite shocking actually. One model, two colors and nothing in sight that says that LR/SR or more colors are on the way. Only recent thing was an extra shift.
It all hinges on China. They supply battery packs and they haven't been forthcoming, limiting any scale in Berlin.

Plus, I dont believe local suppliers have been able to scale fast enough.

I am normally optimistic and stayed optimistic for my Q2 delivery (which doesn't look like its happening). But now my real worry is the covid situation in China. The zero covid approach which has not worked for any country over the last 2 years. You can't quite call my point of view pessimistic because it is more realistic. China therefore will do extremely well to avoid more lockdowns.

Tesla are now gambling on a mammoth quarter 3, with the expectation that suppliers can also keep up. But if covid returns and lockdowns continue, this is going to have a pretty serious knock on effect.

How they deal with that, who knows. I'm not their logistics and supply chain management department, but it certainly feels a little fragile at the moment. I would have thought that given the unpredictable nature of the current situation they will want to produce as many cars as possible. Clearly it is easier to supply the local market, but I'm sure there are meetings discussing the fragility and wether or not to get the cars produced in case this happens again.

Its going to be a long 2-3 months now for me and many others but it will be interesting to see how Tesla handles the situation and how they supply EU/UK/APAC any differently than normal.

At a guess, RCC Europe is the only ship with UK cars. I think people are forgetting most like 95%+ of orders are NOT in these forums. There must be 10s, if not hundreds of thousands of orders waiting in the UK.
Also assuming orders have been around 13k again (I bet they were a lot higher because of fuel prices) then Tesla are only going to fulfil around a 25% of orders this quarter.

The UK ones have been allocated. Horizon Leader may have a VIN allocation but it’s not for the UK. Those getting cars this quarter have deliveries scheduled through to the end of the quarter for RCC Europe. Theben and Glovis Splendor are already allocated too and those are going into mainland Europe
This could well be true. Or it could not be. The point is, we do not know as fact and can only speculate.

Reactions: GDW1986
Ultimately it’s a customer relations issue.
I agree that many other manufacturers are in the same situation due to chip shortages but at least they are forthcoming about it. VW group tells you upfront there is a 12month delay when you want to place an order.
Where I have a problem as a customer is that when I ordered my £60k Tesla, i have been announced an EDD for June, and therefore had a reasonable expectation that it would be delivered within that timeframe.
If it slips well into September I am definitely not going to be happy about that, and in at any other B2C firm, they would at least offer some kind of apology for the delay.
Over promising and under delivering is not the way to go.

Ultimately it’s a customer relations issue.
I agree that many other manufacturers are in the same situation due to chip shortages but at least they are forthcoming about it. VW group tells you upfront there is a 12month delay when you want to place an order.
Where I have a problem as a customer is that when I ordered my £60k Tesla, i have been announced an EDD for June, and therefore had a reasonable expectation that it would be delivered within that timeframe.
If it slips well into September I am definitely not going to be happy about that, and in at any other B2C firm, they would at least offer some kind of apology for the delay.
Over promising and under delivering is not the way to go.
100% agree with this! It’s a premium vehicle at a premium price and Tesla treat us like dirt, and just aren’t consistent, look at the mess of allocations. They should stop taking new orders to clear the decks

Reactions: GDW1986
The UK ones have been allocated. Horizon Leader may have a VIN allocation but it’s not for the UK. Those getting cars this quarter have deliveries scheduled through to the end of the quarter for RCC Europe. Theben and Glovis Splendor are already allocated too and those are going into mainland Europe.
Repeating "opinions" and reflecting as definitives doesn't make it so ..I think that is what others are saying to you too .. You may be right..but equally...... Take Theban for example, carrying 4/5000 units, I have not seen a flurry of activity around VIN allocations that coincide with that ships itinerary

Repeating "opinions" and reflecting as definitives doesn't make it so ..I think that is what others are saying to you too .. You may be right..but equally...... Take Theban for example, carrying 4/5000 units, I have not seen a flurry of activity around VIN allocations that coincide with that ships itinerary
I think glovis splendor is the one where VINs have been allocated and it’s going to U.K. after koper