Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been watching and reading both this and Mr M’s superb shipping thread since I ordered. M3P White/White ordered 4th Feb for southampton collection. Had VIN in source code 10 days ago, payment request a couple of days later (deposit for PCP) which I sent straight away. Then had delivery date scheduled for 25th June and today I got my reg number. Am I literally the only person for which this has gone smoothly ?
Nope mines been pretty smooth too.

Thing about forums is that you tend not to hear about anything other than problems and disasters 😂

Reactions: Pablotti
And the award for most unusual (and depressing) EDD goes to....

And to think I had a nice 7 day EDD at the end of June just a few weeks ago.
Screenshot_20220601-225003_Tesla.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: GDW1986
I wonder if these September onward cars will be coming from Berlin? If so these dates will be estimated on Berlin ramping up to a decent quantity of production. Theyre knocking out cars very slowly at present.
I just watched a good video this evening, stating that Berlin are going to supply all of Germany for the first 6-8 weeks, then basically supply most countries in Europe (not UK) in the near future. Compared to shanghai, they are small fry atm

Final Invoice normally issued at least 7 days before collection.

If your account does not change status to "Paid" (i.e. your payment is showing on your account) then before you set off for collection clear the payment with delivery_GB - by providing proof of payment (they may ask for more / different info). Once they are happy then in effect the Collection Staff will see your car as "Paid" and just hand you the keys (worth taking proof of payment with you, but I'll eat my hat if you need it). If you haven't done the above the process at collection may well be protracted, at the least (and you will be holding everyone else up ... time allocated for handover is probably less than an Amazon warehouse picker ...)

Note that your bank may have a limit on how much you can transfer, so £50K at, say, £10K per day ... needs some time.

I have paid 15:00 for collection at 09:00 following day (multiple repeated mistakes on preparing a Final Invoice for me) but I don't recommend it!
Thanks for some insight. I was planning on paying the downpayment around the 20th/21st (28th pick up) as I'll be selling my car first and current insurance just happens to be up on the 20th - so sort of perfect timing. Maybe I'll sell it a few days earlier to be safe...

Reactions: WannabeOwner