Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't it day of collection? (so I have been advised) It's why getting insurance prior is such a pain.
Morning. As my collection date gets closer (29th NEC), when do the newly arrived cars on the RCC Europe become registered with the DVLA?

post-delivery of the vehicle and after receipt of acceptance document byTesla UK which you must sign and return, Tesla UK only then submits online request to DVLA for registration of the vehicle online via a 3rd party registration company, you receive your V5C certificate 3-5 working days after this. Take extra due caution when signing the acceptance document and insure your name and address details are correct as it is this information (not your online account or details) that Tesla uses for registering with DVLA and as this document is manually drafted by a human tesla staff member who is doing thousands per day manually, they can erroneously enter a letter or more out of place and once you sign and return this document it is this information which is passed on to DVLA. Out of three Model 3's i purchased the last one the clerk had misentered the 1st letter in my postcode and unfortunately, i had not given full care reviewing the delivery acceptance document hence the V5C was processed and sent to the incorrect address, then returned to the post office for return to sender or if your lucky someone in the post office goes out of there way and matches the correct postcode or address which rarely happens but they did in my case and i finally received the V5C with the typo error 3 weeks later. Upon receipt, I then requested DVLA to correct the typo which took 4-5 weeks to received the correct V5C. All in all it 2-months to receive the correct V5C. Hence why you should give the delivery document your utmost attention. There is a note in the document which requests multiple times that you carefully review the document before signing and returning. This is the reason as once its submitted by Tesla they lose all control over future corrections and you remain at the mercy of Royal Mail and DVLA. BUT if you sign and return the document with your correct details, upon delivery, you will receive your V5C within 3-5 working days.

Last edited:
I clicked the link as fast as I could as soon as it came in on telegram, so unless someone saw it first or tesla pulled the listing i don't see how anyone could have been faster than me. Still cheeky advertising a car with 5k miles as new...
I posted that 26 minutes before it was on Telegram ;)

1655468471603.png

1655468484894.png

Ok cool. I am watching on a phone so makes sense i can't see the drivers.

We all just got "isNotMatchedTora00Vin" change from true to false in our source code for Australia. So am naturally looking for any clues as to how reliable it is. June orders changed too however so maybe not so reliable and looks more like a global change.

Your source code will change from time to time, all of it means nothing beside ones thing, and that is if you have an actual VIN in the source code. Everything else in the code, ignore.

Ok cool. I am watching on a phone so makes sense i can't see the drivers.

We all just got "isNotMatchedTora00Vin" change from true to false in our source code for Australia. So am naturally looking for any clues as to how reliable it is. June orders changed too however so maybe not so reliable and looks more like a global change.
Not sure what it means to be honest. Mine has been set to false since March and yet I am still pushed to a Sept EDD....

Here's a random question I just thought of... Tesla just increased the prices. Does this mean that we have to amend the insurance value on our cars? It states : The value of a like for like replacement. We will only pay up to this amount in the event of a total loss.

To me that means keep up with the NEW prices not old prices. It's going to be crappy if you're £2k short on an insurance payout from a replacement vehicle...

😬

I paid £49k for the Long Range, now they're bouncing off 60 with EAP....

Here's a random question I just thought of... Tesla just increased the prices. Does this mean that we have to amend the insurance value on our cars? It states : The value of a like for like replacement. We will only pay up to this amount in the event of a total loss.

To me that means keep up with the NEW prices not old prices. It's going to be crappy if you're £2k short on an insurance payout from a replacement vehicle...

😬
Check your policy - many insurers offer a brand new replacement within the first year regardless of price rises should the vehicle be a total loss, irrespective of the market value. I insure through LV, and they certainly have this policy; Admiral did too when last I looked 6 weeks or so ago.

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Check your policy - many insurers offer a brand new replacement within the first year regardless of price rises should the vehicle be a total loss, irrespective of the market value. I insure through LV, and they certainly have this policy; Admiral did too when last I looked 6 weeks or so ago.
Got it ! Thank you again good sir!

New car cover If your car is less than one year old and you are the first and only registered owner, we will replace it with one of the same make and model if it has: • been stolen and not found; or • suffered damage covered by the policy and the cost of repairing it is more than 60% of the last United Kingdom list price, (including taxes). We can only do this if a replacement car is available in the UK and anyone else who has an interest in your car agrees. If a suitable replacement car is not available, or your car was not supplied as new in the UK, we will pay you the market value of your car at the time of the loss (less any excess that may apply). If we settle a claim under this clause, the lost or damaged car becomes our property and you must send us the registration document.

Reactions: Utumno
also make sure if you get GAP insurance that it covers the higher of invoice or replacement.
But don’t bother with year 1 GAP insurance if you have first-year replacement with your insurer unless you want to double up your cover. Good GAP insurers will let you defer the start date for a year. For example if you have a 4 year PCP, you can purchase a 3 year GAP insurance policy, deferred for a year, and still get effective “Vehicle Replacement” cover for 4 years.

Reactions: Snowy77 and Mrklaw
Got it ! Thank you again good sir!

New car cover If your car is less than one year old and you are the first and only registered owner, we will replace it with one of the same make and model if it has: • been stolen and not found; or • suffered damage covered by the policy and the cost of repairing it is more than 60% of the last United Kingdom list price, (including taxes). We can only do this if a replacement car is available in the UK and anyone else who has an interest in your car agrees. If a suitable replacement car is not available, or your car was not supplied as new in the UK, we will pay you the market value of your car at the time of the loss (less any excess that may apply). If we settle a claim under this clause, the lost or damaged car becomes our property and you must send us the registration document.
You’re most welcome. See also my previous post about dovetailing this replacement policy with GAP insurance if you’re so minded.

Payment sorted for the car and and all documents signed , having had to pay another 17.5k final payment whilst fighting them to get the other 17.5k payment back they claim they refunded.

They haven't and cannot provide proof of the payment.

Does anyone know a complaints email, as sales etc has stopped refunding to the emails after claiming they sent the refund?

Next move is citizens advice followed by legal action I would rather avoid. Have all the proof of payment plus their email Comms confirming .

Looking forward to getting the car but this has tainted it for me a bit