Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But since last ship, Shanghai has produced 30,000+ cars , I think 50% goes to china and some goes to Anzac and Asia . Assuming that an Ocean vessels can carry 5000 cars. I am guessing there could be enough cars there to make a couple of voyages to Europe in the coming couple of weeks. I heard that there are quite a few ships 100+ (not sure how many are vehicle carriers and how many of them are Tesla) waiting around Shanghai port . So there are some random chance for one or two to get loaded in the next couple of weeks - A lot of guess here
Local market has seen enormous growth. They will need at least 120,000 cars, if not 150,000 to satisfy demand.

Exports to Japan, Australia and NZ are also due this quarter.

It isn't anything to worry about, considering output has been 2-2.5k per day for all of June, soon to be 3-4k for all of July and August. I would say their biggest challenge now is finding enough ships to export.

Reactions: suresh.thomas@
But since last ship, Shanghai has produced 30,000+ cars , I think 50% goes to china and some goes to Anzac and Asia . Assuming that an Ocean vessels can carry 5000 cars. I am guessing there could be enough cars there to make a couple of voyages to Europe in the coming couple of weeks. I heard that there are quite a few ships 100+ (not sure how many are vehicle carriers and how many of them are Tesla) waiting around Shanghai port . So there are some random chance for one or two to get loaded in the next couple of weeks - A lot of guess here
The logic here is that Tesla always has a quarter-end mad rush, and therefore has mostly focused in the last few weeks into making cars for the local market, in order to sell them immediately and therefore make them count for Q2. There would be little sense for them to have made batches of UK specs RHDs who would be sitting on the GF parking lot comes 30th June.
Remember they are only counted as sales once the customer sits behind the wheel.

The logic here is that Tesla always has a quarter-end mad rush, and therefore has mostly focused in the last few weeks into making cars for the local market, in order to sell them immediately and therefore make them count for Q2. There would be little sense for them to have made batches of UK specs RHDs who would be sitting on the GF parking lot comes 30th June.
Remember they are only counted as sales once the customer sits behind the wheel.
Agree - But Musk always to get out of this quarterly pushes. Although he has committed this to happen for Q2, the Shanghai lockdown didn't make it happen. So there are some chances for mid quarter deliveries ! I may be just dreaming

All went very smoothly. I was one hour early but the Tesla team didn't mind.
Apparently my car and others was shipped up from Southampton last night which suggests Morning Peace.
49% charge, no external or internal marks. 95 collections from the NEC today with 150 tomorrow.
View attachment 822600
Looks fantastic in all black... Excited for you all today.. don't be strangers to this thread...

Attachments

• 20220629_191112.jpg
    20220629_191112.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220629_191123.jpg
    20220629_191123.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220629_191132.jpg
    20220629_191132.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220629_191144.jpg
    20220629_191144.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 55
Absolutely great experience and really well managed. I literally could have been in and out in 10 minutes. As the girl was taking me to car, she stopped and said, they're just valeting it😨😨. I almost shouted stop lol but as he drove the car too me, he got out of the car with the dreaded cloth, just one😬😬. Car is solid, no gaps, dents or scratches. Had a heart stopping moment when checking the roof. I thought it was cracked, when the missus checked it while I had broken down, it was just clear blue tape lol. Whoever is picking up tomorrow, Rock up early, if your car is there, you'll be good to go, plenty of staff there.

Absolutely great experience and really well managed. I literally could have been in and out in 10 minutes. As the girl was taking me to car, she stopped and said, they're just valeting it😨😨. I almost shouted stop lol but as he drove the car too me, he got out of the car with the dreaded cloth, just one😬😬. Car is solid, no gaps, dents or scratches. Had a heart stopping moment when checking the roof. I thought it was cracked, when the missus checked it while I had broken down, it was just clear blue tape lol. Whoever is picking up tomorrow, Rock up early, if your car is there, you'll be good to go, plenty of staff there.
Where did you pick up?

Reactions: Kingpopsy
No screwdriver needed! Go to the bottom right or left of the holder and look for where the horizontal part meet the corner. Insert fingers at both sides of the horizontal part about 4 inches along and pull. It should unclip at that point. Then work your way to the other side.

Attachments

• 16565311144647732434576142084678.jpg
    16565311144647732434576142084678.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 1656531253052296081026428097310.jpg
    1656531253052296081026428097310.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 53
Good news Popsy pair.

So, delivery day went well. She’s now home and sipping some lovely Norfolkian juice from the grid. Little detail I’ve noticed this evening, the front bumper has PPF already 🧐 any one else noticed this with the current batch of Y’s? To say I’m happy is an understatement. It has to be the nicest 2 hour drive I’ve ever had. Got to play around with AP on the dual carriageway and in traffic, made the drive effortless. I’m not sure if he’s on this forum, but I hope the guy I met today at Bluewater with the beautiful Blue Y made it home safely to Ipswich. Was nice speaking to you. To everyone still waiting, it’s well worth it. Your day will soon be here.

Attachments

• A9AD811E-A650-4D7C-A877-1659CE95267E.jpeg
    A9AD811E-A650-4D7C-A877-1659CE95267E.jpeg
    793.6 KB · Views: 53
So, delivery day went well. She’s now home and sipping some lovely Norfolkian juice from the grid. Little detail I’ve noticed this evening, the front bumper has PPF already 🧐 any one else noticed this with the current batch of Y’s? To say I’m happy is an understatement. It has to be the nicest 2 hour drive I’ve ever had. Got to play around with AP on the dual carriageway and in traffic, made the drive effortless. I’m not sure if he’s on this forum, but I hope the guy I met today at Bluewater with the beautiful Blue Y made it home safely to Ipswich. Was nice speaking to you. To everyone still waiting, it’s well worth it. Your day will soon be here.
Looks stunning.
There are a few reports of front bumper ppf over in the model y thread from today. Also a post saying an April car had it.