Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"original EDD was June 1st to June 15th."

Hope this helps.
Oh, okay, I'd never noticed the website display actual dates when ordering, just a month or a month range.

When we placed our order in May it said September.

I didn't mean the continual changes noted in the app or in your account, just the EDD from the original web order when placed.

Present orders appear as this
1659351221660.png

I guess you had a nice tight range👍

Good luck with your collection 👏

Reactions: vengy2005
Not suggesting it's manually done but still even when it's done by software, what do they gain by fiddling with the date? If you think it'll help the customer to get their finance ready - when I see the EDD being slipped/moved randomly I just start to take the EDD MUCH less seriously.
Tesla, in their infinite wisdom, have obviously tried to be clever with EDD algorithms which are most likely based on quite a large number of factors. But these days with so much uncertainty with parts and shutdowns and such - EDDs are basically.... 🥴🤒

Yep - seems like a lot of people who missed March order are being bumped into Q4… could change again obviously.

I am a March order. Was originally told July, then lease company said November 😭

Just spoke with Tesla and they said my account was up to date and I had no delivery window at all. A car would be allocated when available. Waiting with a sense of despondency for Q4 now 😢

I'm curious (not wishing to sound critical here, genuinely wanting to understand)....

I've seen a few comments of people speaking to tesla bods... i can appreciate there's a degree of missing info for lease orders, but more broadly speaking, what do people find is the difference between logging into their account and seeing an EDD, vs what tesla tell them on the phone?

How do you go about asking "how inaccurate is my EDD?!" ?!

Not suggesting it's manually done but still even when it's done by software, what do they gain by fiddling with the date? If you think it'll help the customer to get their finance ready - when I see the EDD being slipped/moved randomly I just start to take the EDD MUCH less seriously.
You should probably never have taken the EDD seriously in the first place 😉

Think of it as a guideline that is likely to change week on week when Tesla spins the bottle.

My advice after being sat where most of you are is, when the EDD moves in your favour, enjoy the excitement, when it moves the wrong way, don’t get disheartened. My EDD was like a yo yo then totally disappeared for weeks. When I ordered in January it was March. In the end I picked up in July. Every day that passes brings you closer to the best day ever. Focus on your collection day… It will happen, unless you cancel your order. Looking at the Frizzy Database, I think the average delivery is around 4- 6 months from order depending on spec. That’s not bad, especially in comparison to other EV orders where folk are waiting >12 months. Keep checking for a VIN, when that arrives you can be excited!

I’m just providing an explination for why it changes randomly, which could be something like a member of the delivery team booking holiday or the booking of anothe car transporter etc.

if Tesla had dealers I expect they would be saying end of September, and only updating customers once a quarter (much like the lease companies seem to do). I prefer having some visibility, even if it does change, at least I feels like somethings going on…

My March 5th order M3LR has been put back to November-January just over 10 months at the worst. Anyone know if there are any changes to the M3 or is it just software this year they are focusing on?

Last edited:
Hello, a few days ago I inquired with Tesla about the delay of my MYLR White, black interior, 19 inch wheel, I also stated that same specs ordered later than 11th March have received their VINs. The reply I got states that, if I could provide them the order number who ordered later than 11th and received the VIN They can investigate why mine is delayed. So ..Ahemm.. is there any one here who has VIN allocated and ordered same spec as mine but ordered after 11th March 2022. and is willing to share their order number ? ( I know it is a long shot but worth trying I think...) please respond to me directly if anyone wishes. Thanks

Reactions: Toblerone
Hi,

I just found out that my order has slipped from Q3 to Q4.

I'd ordered a MY AWD Midnight Silver/Black on 6th April through a leasing company. The original EDD was 30th September it's now moved to 12th December.

Naturally, I'm disappointed. But what can you do...

My advice after being sat where most of you are is, when the EDD moves in your favour, enjoy the excitement, when it moves the wrong way, don’t get disheartened. My EDD was like a yo yo then totally disappeared for weeks. When I ordered in January it was March. In the end I picked up in July. Every day that passes brings you closer to the best day ever. Focus on your collection day… It will happen, unless you cancel your order. Looking at the Frizzy Database, I think the average delivery is around 4- 6 months from order depending on spec. That’s not bad, especially in comparison to other EV orders where folk are waiting >12 months. Keep checking for a VIN, when that arrives you can be excited!
I was just about to post this after looking at your DB

My friend ordered a Mercedes’ EQC last year, they ended up cancelling the order (after waiting 8 months) and he’s placed an order for a Tesla instead.

I think Tesla are the best of the bunch when it comes to waiting for delivery. So I wouldn’t complain too much, although it’s painful when things get moved in the wrong direction

I was just about to post this after looking at your DB

My friend ordered a Mercedes’ EQC last year, they ended up cancelling the order (after waiting 8 months) and he’s placed an order for a Tesla instead.

I think Tesla are the best of the bunch when it comes to waiting for delivery. So I wouldn’t complain too much, although it’s painful when things get moved in the wrong direction
8 months in and cancelling… brave move

I’m just over 7 months since I ordered. My EDD is currently sat on 6/11 > 21/12

I’m not holding my breath with any EDD until I have a VIN