Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tbh, no defence of Tesla (their EDD roundabout is crackers), I've been waiting since March, but it does seem your gripe is with Tusker, not Tesla. I've seen orders the same spec with later order dates and earlier deliveries. It's not necessarily a Tesla thing, more of a lease company thing.🤷‍♂️
Its 100% with tesla. Even with forums and people posting dates there is always a degree of not sure it its true. When three of the people ordering cars are in the same team and work for the same department we know exactly when they were ordered. The allocation text is from Tesla, its not Tusker "reallocating" an order. It is tesla delivering to a different sequence to orders placed. Of the three in my team, I ordered first, I have an early september EDD. My colleague was 2nd, has an EDD early august, the 3rd team member actually has a vin number and late august. He ordered two months after us. Specs are virtually the same, bar order 2 which has extra software and potentially more profit. all are white cars. Tesla probaly dont get this often where people have 100% clarity on order dates and they have been skipped. I only ordered a tesla as was getting in May. Wanted a 3rd car for the summer and would get rid of one know. I am not a fan of the front end design of any tesla. Fun to drive, but would rather a mustang any day. ironically had I ordered that I would now be driving it.

Its 100% with tesla. Even with forums and people posting dates there is always a degree of not sure it its true. When three of the people ordering cars are in the same team and work for the same department we know exactly when they were ordered. The allocation text is from Tesla, its not Tusker "reallocating" an order. It is tesla delivering to a different sequence to orders placed. Of the three in my team, I ordered first, I have an early september EDD. My colleague was 2nd, has an EDD early august, the 3rd team member actually has a vin number and late august. He ordered two months after us. Specs are virtually the same, bar order 2 which has extra software and potentially more profit. all are white cars. Tesla probaly dont get this often where people have 100% clarity on order dates and they have been skipped. I only ordered a tesla as was getting in May. Wanted a 3rd car for the summer and would get rid of one know. I am not a fan of the front end design of any tesla. Fun to drive, but would rather a mustang any day. ironically had I ordered that I would now be driving it.

That was from my experience and reading others here, happy to be corrected. However, if you feel that strongly about having a Mustang and not liking the Tesla , there is probably a dealership near to you that would happily take your order, then delay it like they have for a number of people in my company. End of the day personal choice, no one is forcing anyone to stay on the rollercoaster 😀

Reactions: DRS ACTIVE
That was from my experience and reading others here, happy to be corrected. However, if you feel that strongly about having a Mustang and not liking the Tesla , there is probably a dealership near to you that would happily take your order, then delay it like they have for a number of people in my company. End of the day personal choice, no one is forcing anyone to stay on the rollercoaster 😀
I would love to do that, but as a salary sacrifice lease not sure Tusker would oblige. There was a time when balckberry ruled and nobody could see anything beating it. For me tesla could easily be the blackberry of the ev world, espically as is posible the US bans the self drivingside.

I would love to do that, but as a salary sacrifice lease not sure Tusker would oblige. There was a time when balckberry ruled and nobody could see anything beating it. For me tesla could easily be the blackberry of the ev world, espically as is posible the US bans the self drivingside.
If it happens least the charging port & network is universal in the EU and we won’t be stuck with a proprietary connector like in the states

I'm buying through Tesla, it not a lease or anything..

I got a text back in late July to schedule my delivery it offered me a few dates the earliest being 2nd September which is a Friday so that works for me.

I get a a text later saying they will send me over a reg but it's delayed because they are awaiting 72 plates from the DVLA.

They now have 72 plates and have allocated me one... But they won't be able to actually register with the DVLA till the day of collection..

This isn't a Tesla thing car dealerships selling new cars get assigned in bulk unregistered reg numbers that can use to reg a new car, that way you can give a reg number in advanced, but standard practice is to register it on or very near the day of collection... If it's registered before then that would be a pre reg and you won't be the 1 first registered owner... But this isn't what Tesla do..

So basically if your collection is on 1st September or later it'll be a 72 as only 72 plates can be registered with the DVLA from that date forward...

If it's before it'll be a 22 plate..

I'm not personally that bothered, but it's nice to have a 72 as I'm going to be owning the car, so might be better as it's technically 6 months newer for selling later... But if I was only offered August dates I'd have taken it, as it was I was only offered early September...

But if I was leasing it never going to matter.

I'm collecting from Manchester and then tends to add a day or so lead time as the car has to get up north from Southampton, so if you are collecting from the south that may have influenced the slightly earlier dates...
So I got my text yesterday asking me pick a collection day which is scheduled on the 27th this month, did you pay upon receiving the text btw? I think I might not even get the car when I visit the car dealership which is great cause honestly I don't mind to wait for a few days for the newer plates. But the full invoice has been sent to me today. I need to know when did you pay? Hope you see this message. Thx

I bet if I changed to a Model Y Tesla would suddenly find a car for me one of the ships. Just so wrong that orders made in January are taking second place.
About this so-called ship whose name shall no longer be spoken (rhymes with 'vitus').

Tesla confirmed that my M3P will be delivered to me on 31 August, and an earlier delivery will not be possible because, "your car arrives on site on 29 August." Given my location I assume that the 'site' they refer to is the Manchester Trafford Tesla hub. (I'm ordering via a leasing company by the way, hence the home delivery, although it seems that Tesla is organising this delivery).

Surely the timings of this don't correspond with the Morning Chorus or Glovis Summit, otherwise there would be a mystery gap of more than ten days between its arrival in Southampton and its delivery to the north west. So would it be reasonable to assume that it would more than likely be on a slightly later boat?

How many do you want? It's all there in Mr Ms daily update.
One for me please or I'm eventually going to call it a day and give my money to someone else.

Well it’s now just 1 week left for Q3 boats for EU & UK. This time next week we may have some real life action still to happen with VINS allocating 3 days post shanghai. So, after 22nd/23rd august we can all relax and set our alarms for November. Modern comms and satellites, drones and smart phones have made us check everything about everything- is it progress? Depends on your perspective.