Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As long as funds are remitted and cleared 7 days before the delivery slot then everything will be fine.

If funds are remitted within that 7 day period then you may have to take proof of remittance at collection.

Tesla’s communication about this is pretty confusing and often contradictory from one message to the next. Just keep in mind that Tesla just want paying in full a week in advance of collection, and that’s all.
Yes that what I remember from the Q2 thread. But it seems they have updated the wording again, and are probably deliberately trying to suggest that you have to pay now or it will delay the text they send to ask you to pick a collection appointment (or even lead to unassign the hidden vin).

Reactions: Benotomy
Am I the only May order still showing EDD September [2nd to 30th]? I suspect the total lack of updates on my EDD is reason I’ve not been shifted to Q4 yet but this will surely happen in 4 or 5 weeks.
I’m a mid-April order and EDD 1-30 Sept (no VIN). Hasn’t changed for weeks.

There are a few of us like this, so hoping we are all on the next boat (or yet to be assigned from a ship enroute).

Am I the only May order still showing EDD September [2nd to 30th]? I suspect the total lack of updates on my EDD is reason I’ve not been shifted to Q4 yet but this will surely happen in 4 or 5 weeks.
You ordered a week after me and my EDD hasn't changed for a few weeks either. I suspect we are still in the " holding pen" for further Q3 shipments or order cancellations. There are still about 10 days left this quarter for ships to depart Shanghai for UK/ EU. Mr M has said consistently that he expects at least one more UK bound ship after Glovis Conpanion. As it appears that VINs have been issued up to early/ mid April I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility for remaining April/ early May orders to get a car in Q3

TV
Yes that what I remember from the Q2 thread. But it seems they have updated the wording again, and are probably deliberately trying to suggest that you have to pay now or it will delay the text they send to ask you to pick a collection appointment (or even lead to unassign the hidden vin).
If explicitly stated SMS instructions are taken into account that’s exactly that. I may wait until Monday and see if I receive anything further. On a call with Tesla yesterday I am told that the payment to be completed latest 7 days prior but there again the agent was also confused and didn’t give me full confidence when I highlighted the SMS asking all to be completed in the next 7 days from the date received (Thursday). It is genuinely very vague and confusing.

I think we all agree on this. And no one can show that it has ever happened, outside of a lease order where the lease co can do what they want with their bulk orders.
A lease car is ordered just the same way as an individual order. We are sent the RN number and Tesla are given our details to add to the order and message us when assigned. I believe the Tesla team who deal with company orders assign cars according to how many their prepared to let each company have in a quarter so adding an extra layer of delay.

• Disagree
Reactions: Toblerone
A lease car is ordered just the same way as an individual order. We are sent the RN number and Tesla are given our details to add to the order and message us when assigned. I believe the Tesla team who deal with company orders assign cars according to how many their prepared to let each company have in a quarter so adding an extra layer of delay.
Most lease companies purchase bulk block RN’s that they hand out to their customers when they come along. So a lease customer could end up with an RN purchased a month prior by the lease company. They probably limit how many that can purchased each bulk block per Q. It’s very much possible for a lease customer to be assign the lease companies RN which was purchase earlier in the Q.

I’m sure some or even many orders are as you describe. However, how is it possible a lease co has a car in stock or for delivery next month? which has clearly happened previously despite the high demand.

There are recent reports (last month) of cars being sat at donnington and being handed out by the lease co as people enquired / shouted the loudest. This wouldn’t be possible if all RNs were already assigned.

Reactions: Darreno
A lease car is ordered just the same way as an individual order.
You have little transparency. Even with an RN, plenty of people have discovered that the lease company had put their order on hold because they wanted to delay it because of the timing of the previous lease ending, or the lease company wanted the new registration plate etc which puts the order essentially at the back of the queue when the hold comes off.

Nope, EDD hasn't moved. Got a Glasgow pick up too. Ordered May 10, has sat on Sept 1-30 for weeks now. I'm assuming I've been kept in the mix for cancellations.

Reactions: Toblerone
Nope, EDD hasn't moved. Got a Glasgow pick up too. Ordered May 10, has sat on Sept 1-30 for weeks now. I'm assuming I've been kept in the mix for cancellations.
I'm also Glasgow and my June order hasn't changed (yet...). Has been 8-30 Sept for 3 weeks now.

Total speculation but I'm wondering if Glasgow orders for Q2 are effectively grouped together for the efficiency of getting them from Southampton in one go?

I’ve seen the revised wording. Nothing in it suggests to me that the policy has changed, just that Tesla have had another stab at rewording their messages badly and have this opened up the subject to the tinfoil hatters again.

Not suggesting you’re being tinfoil hat about it specifically; but equally this myth that Tesla prioritises matching for people who have paid really needs to die in a fire.

I’ve seen the revised wording. Nothing in it suggests to me that the policy has changed, just that Tesla have had another stab at rewording their messages badly and have this opened up the subject to the tinfoil hatters again.

Not suggesting you’re being tinfoil hat about it specifically; but equally this myth that Tesla prioritises matching for people who have paid really needs to die in a fire.
I think the issue is not being prioritised by paying early or not but the dilemma around the timing of completion of remaining tasks as per Tesla messages i.e. payment, sequence of customer actions etc, in order to not miss the boat or end up with an avoidable delay. I agree and I don’t think paying off in advance is giving any priority.