Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's unpick that
The underlying code is unchanged in 4+ years after Musky's blind alley
I drive the same route every Tuesday at the same time of day (12:05 local)
I now get told to "change lane to follow the route" where I never did before, so the planner / map data has changed
Yesterday on the a303 from Basingstoke to Andover, return, this occurred much more frequently than before the update
Yep mines the same. It now hesitates where it never would have before. Same route and time every day, so it’s one I know well.

Reactions: goRt
I see no reason to assume that Elon gives much more than a passing thought about the goings on in the UK. Everything is US centric.

Elon promised "FSD visualsations" (ie. FSD beta without the actual control part of it) for Europe back in September 2021. He's a chronic bullshitter.

Some people are evidently far more optimistic about the perpetual promises about what these releases mean for the UK in terms of "single stack", "Dojo", etc that is apparently the panacea for all of the issues we face, but I'm more jaded I'm afraid.
He and Boris would make a good team 😂

My M3LR has been trying to download 2023.20.4.1 for over a week.
Teslafi reports that the car has been pretty much idling the whole time with some very short sleeps.
Lost 10% battery while it's playing silly wotsits.
This is happening more often with me - long time trying to download an update yet the previous one did load quick - no consistency.
(wi-fi symbol shows full strength signal)
When I check the Tesla App I typically get either 1 or 2 % downloaded or 48% :(

Teslafi reports that the car has been pretty much idling the whole time with some very short sleeps.
This is happening more often with me - long time trying to download an update yet the previous one did load quick - no consistency.
Try rebooting your router.

Tried a 2 button reset?

Just tried a 2-button reset. The download arrow was orange but after resetting it changed to green and, starting slowly, it restarted the download.
Reached 50% download and is now stopped. I think it usually stops at 50% for a while to "think" before continuing.
Fingers crossed it finishes this time and flags me to initiate installation. Worra fuss!

Reactions: Toblerone
Just offered 2023.20.4.1 on standard download setting
Just shy of 45 minutes to install a couple of trivial enhancements and minor fixes.

Certainly looking that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the reports that this release also contains FSD beta code base are correct. It apparently happened with the 2023.12.10/11 versions too (not that we got those in UK) so there is precedent now along with FSD beta release notes being bundled in this version.

Maybe we will soon start to see evidence of parts of the FSD beta code base starting to be enabled outside the FSD beta program? Not saying that we are going to start getting new FSD beta features, but certainly parts of that code base will benefit everyone. Maybe not too far off single stack now … I’ll get my coat

Just shy of 45 minutes to install a couple of trivial enhancements and minor fixes.

Certainly looking that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the reports that this release also contains FSD beta code base are correct. It apparently happened with the 2023.12.10/11 versions too (not that we got those in UK) so there is precedent now along with FSD beta release notes being bundled in this version.

Maybe we will soon start to see evidence of parts of the FSD beta code base starting to be enabled outside the FSD beta program? Not saying that we are going to start getting new FSD beta features, but certainly parts of that code base will benefit everyone. Maybe not too far off single stack now … I’ll get my coat
What I find curious is that the web version of the owners manual for the UK, as of now, is still for 2023.12. I was on jury service over the last two weeks so haven't been driving as much as usual, but I get the feeling that there are some things going on. Park Assist does seem slightly improved though still seems fond of having a panic attack when confronted by a scene of bright sunlight with shade, I have a bit more of a journey to do today, so if I notice anything I'll report back.

This has always been the case when there’s no passenger and the AC is synced. Certainly since the current UI was implemented.
I think this is new, or at least it certainly is for me.

After recent update I was confused at where the passenger aircon button had gone at first and was scrambling through the settings to find it to no avail, until the wife joined me in the car a few trips later, and aha! I see what they've done.

Reactions: TechnoWatch
The single side climate control isn't new to this (previous) release but what is new is the aggressiveness of how much it is implemented. When it first came out, there were many situations where it would still run two-zone even when the passenger door wasn't opened.

It might only be my car but I found it decided to sync the climate control temps so make sure you disable that if you and your better half prefer different temperatures
I noticed the other day when looking at the energy graph that it ain't half expensive on the electrons to have the car at Sauna temperatures on one side and regular bloke temperatures on the other 😂

• Funny
Reactions: goRt and JupiterMan