Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weren’t we told FSDb was in 2023.12.x ? Cars in the US did get FSDb notes whereas cars in Europe and the reset of the world didn’t, and I can’t say I’ve noticed an improvement on 2023.12 if I do have it under the cover.

Somebody will moan at me again for being negative about these so called experts with insider knowledge, but there’s a distinct feeling of deja vu about this.

Software: v11.1 (2023.20.4.1) on a new 2023 Model Y (got it end of May)
The drop overnight equates to 11.1% charge.
Only app I have is the Tesla app itself, and that was killed off on my iPhone overnight too.
Error wise, it just says "parking assist unavailable"

I ended up used the service request last night and waiting to hear back from them now. Should that take long? Just hoping there's not a backlog of services and they can look into it sooner rather than later. I'm assuming they can just remotely see more details about the energy usage than I can ....
They're usually pretty quick with the first part and can access your car/logs remotely. I need to put my car into the SC last week and got a next day appointment. Clearly that will vary by location.

11% seems a lot even for sentry being on. IIRC I only lost 4% overnight with sentry on.

Weren’t we told FSDb was in 2023.12.x ? Cars in the US did get FSDb notes whereas cars in Europe and the reset of the world didn’t, and I can’t say I’ve noticed an improvement on 2023.12 if I do have it under the cover.

Somebody will moan at me again for being negative about these so called experts with insider knowledge, but there’s a distinct feeling of deja vu about this.
I believe they started from 2023.12.10 (from notateslaapp, not that you're giving them any credit).
Personally, I was moved directly from 2023.12.9 to 2023.20.4.1 so couldn't experience it and I'm not sure if anyone in EU got a version above 12.9.1?

If indeed I'm now gonna be offered 2023.20.6 that's when I expect to receive the first 'common' version.

But I agree with you in the sense that the codebase might be packaged in this version somewhere, there's nothing indicating AP/EAP features are now going to leverage anything from that FSBbeta code just yet and may very well continue to use the legacy stack.. However as Elon also mentioned an improvement in Autowipers in the upcoming weeks (with a pinch of salt), that general rollout would be using the NN codebase from FSBb.

Weren’t we told FSDb was in 2023.12.x ? Cars in the US did get FSDb notes whereas cars in Europe and the reset of the world didn’t
release notes are location specific, so even if code is within the build, FSD functionality would likely not be activated or in release notes outside of USA/Canada.

Could be useful for operating in Shadow mode and fleet learning for UK roads though, in advance of future release hopefully 2024.

The FSDb element of this latest update is more about bringing those on the beta program in the US and Canada inline with the main production branch, rather than improvement of AP/EAP/FSD(EU) with the FSDb codebase. This means for anyone able to buy/subscribe and join FSDb (in US and Canada) and are on a recent branch, they no longer need to wait for the trailing FSDb branch to catch up.

Those receiving 20.6 on these shores may well have the FSDb code included, behind an inaccessible feature flag, not available to modify due to your region.

It's progress from a code repository perspective, but nothing for anyone in the UK to be excited about right now.

12.10 & 12.11 did have FSD beta with a very small number of U.K. cars receiving it. I had neither update. This is the first update I’ve had that may or may not have it hidden.

I haven’t driven on it yet. Release notes just mention text size and tyre service. I’m not hopeful of visible improvement other than the car centring a bit further from the kerb.

I would hope it’s laying the ground…

Reactions: JupiterMan
I don't know if this is due to the most recent update, but I've noticed that the car limits my power a lot more than normal in situations where it thinks I might be doing something "wrong".

Like, this morning, I was going down a London street and - as is usual - you wait behind a parked car to let another car come down the narrow road. As the car passed I took off and obviously gave it a bit of juice. But I guess the car thought I was going to drive into the back of the parked car (I wasn't...) and it curbed my power! This pisses me off because I know what the hell I'm doing and if I want power, the car should damn well give it to me (I also have AB)!

Another time when some douche in a BMW M5 was weaving in and of traffic managed to get in front of me at a stop light. The light effectively went to an on ramp to a motorway so it was a 0-60 situation. I was directly behind the BMW and he was at the light and he was creeping knowing I was behind... Light turns green, he floors it, I floor it.... but lo and be-fn-hold, the car decides to reduce my juice because I guess it judged I was going to go right into the back of him! M5 wnker then boosts way ahead and I "lose". Like WTF man I'm trying to prove a point here and it friggin makes me look like a fool! (it probably thinks it was making me look less like a fool by not getting into a petty race with a beamer but sometimes I want to be that guy! Let me be free!).

I've noticed this in all 2023.20 builds - is that happening to anyone else?
Turn off obstacle aware acceleration

I have been having this exact same issue with my new (4wk old) Model-Y too. Battery drain every night :( 205 miles 9pm last night, 193miles 8am this morning. No sentry mode, no cabin overheat. Reset multiple times this week. Also no auto pilot, it doesn't pick up other cars on the view, and no parking sensors any more (says that they are unavailable). Going on holiday soon and this drain will just kill it whilst it's parked up!
My workaround for autopilot is recalibrating the cameras in the settings menu before i start my drive. The battery drain is annoying and was definitely not an issue before the update. I lost 8% with it sat on my drive for a day.

The first image is before the update and the second is after.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpeg
    IMG_0101.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 71
nother time when some douche in a BMW M5 was weaving in and of traffic managed to get in front of me at a stop light. The light effectively went to an on ramp to a motorway so it was a 0-60 situation. I was directly behind the BMW and he was at the light and he was creeping knowing I was behind... Light turns green, he floors it, I floor it.... but lo and be-fn-hold, the car decides to reduce my juice because I guess it judged I was going to go right into the back of him! M5 wnker then boosts way ahead and I "lose".
Problem couldn’t possibly be with your driving and not the car, could it?

Also, who uses the word “douche” in the UK?